Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Toyotas & Pro Clean Auto's Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Turbo Toyotas & Pro Clean Auto's Project Car

I haven’t been on these message boards for quite some time aside from the few products I sell now and again. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Brandon Furches, from Springfield MA. I was a Toyota/ Scion Technician for 4 years. I owned one of the quickest street xAs in the country two years ago, and I have built several show-worthy Scions. I have recently partnered up with Pro Clean Auto to provide the automotive community with a one stop source for the best service on any scale project. From a bolt on exhaust to a full stand alone fuel management solution we can tailor a variety of products to your needs. Below you will find a few pictures of the vehicle I have assembled.

...Now that we are acquainted, let’s move on to the exciting news. Todd from Turbo Toyotas has been a friend of mine since my start in “scion land.” Together we have been working closely to assemble the ultimate demo car. Not only will this car show the caliber of work which can be expected when Pro Clean Auto touches a vehicle, but it will also demonstrate the extremely high quality and expandability of a Turbo Toyotas kit.

This build will be documented from start to finish in steps. First off, the vehicle is going to be used for drag racing only. You will not see this car competing in auto x/ time attack events. Nothing here but a good ‘ol fashion ¼ mile monster. As this project progresses, dyno charts will be available, as well as flow-bench documentation on some new ported head design. Make sure you check back often for updates as we work to get this vehicle ready for the coming season…

Stage 1
The vehicle for this awesome project is a 2005 *indigo ink pearl (as corrected by tctctc) tC. When we picked this car up, it had no drive train, bumpers, hood, head lamps/ tail lamps, or interior (for the most part). The PERFECT donor for a drag car!

Once back at the shop, we compiled the game plan and immediately started tearing into the car. The idea behind this vehicle was to take out just about everything non-essential (i.e. air bags, heater box, blower motor, seat belts, sound deadening and etc). Below, notice the difference on the floor pan between the first two photos. We rewired the entire front of the car to eliminate all of the messy and unneeded wiring. Further down in the photos, you will also notice all of the “extra” parts from behind the dash have been removed and scrapped. Since this will be a drag car, obviously there will be very little interior (as far as panels). When finished being prepped and the cage is fabed, the interior of the car will be sprayed matching nautical blue and cleared for a really clean appearance…but more to come on that later…

A few days into the project, a friend of mine found a lead on a tC that had been hit in the front for a very reasonable price. Sight unseen, we bought the car in hopes of a good starting point for a drive train, and we scored! The car only had 32k miles. Perfect match, not to mention it supplied some of the dash components we were missing.

Now that we really have the ball rolling, it was time to get the motor pulled and prepped for the machine shop to do a quick check over. My partner Danny was hard at work smashing the front semi-straight. BUT….we ran into one small problem. My engine hoist snapped at the base. It was late at night, but not too much of a setback. Instead, we just used the arm of the post lift to pull that little guy out.

The motor was off to the machine shop to be checked to make sure there were no little surprises. RADS Machine Shop in Ludlow, MA is a full service center equipped with everything from a flow bench to chassis dyno. Donny is a great guy and really knows how to squeeze some high HP out of small cubes. While the motor was out and about, we decided it would be a good time to clean up the engine bay of excess as we had with the interior. AC condenser, stock radiator, overflow tank, crash sensors and etc were dropped and wiring was cleaned up. Also almost ready for paint.

...much more to come. keep posted for updates.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keep up the good work, cant wait to see end result.

your blue tc looks exactly like mine right now. but i dont have the plans for mine like you guys do for yours

Old 02-05-2009, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ITS INDIGO INK PEARL!
To those that don't know, this was CarbonXe (Jon)'s old tC.

Lookin great so far!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL...thanks for the correction, i was under the impression its the same color as the camry.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nah, this is how the blues go
05 - Indigo Ink Pearl
06/07 - Nautical Blue Metallic
08/09 - Blue Ribbon Metallic
Old 02-05-2009, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

awesome work....more updates!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching for awesome
Old 02-05-2009, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

nice.. watching
Old 02-06-2009, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Small Update

Well, we got the motor back from the machine shop with a clean bill of health. The idea behind this build is to show the community what type of power can be made with some careful tuning and readily available products....but then we are going to take things to the next step.

The idea is to start with a stock motor and Turbo Toyotas kit. We will push this motor as far as it can go and provide documentation in this very thread of power output and any issues; good or bad. NEXT, we are going to move on to a mild build motor (i.e. cams, ported head etc). Finally we will show what a fully built lower end is capable of reaming out.

Below you will find the start of our "stock build."

Even though this vehicle will be a drag car...and sooner than later the rod is going to find its way from home, we still want this car to be completely show worthy. Once the motor was back from the machine shop, we started by prepping for primer and paint. Danny and Marcello took on the majority of the work and did a really nice job. We are going to let the primer cure over night before spraying the color tomorow....and no, its not indigo ink.

Thanks for watching.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that looks like the ghetto'est thing ive ever seen.. 3m rolls of tape are like 5.00.. Maybe you should bring them a couple rolls.. Why not take ____ off?

Not to be a dick but that is going to look like crap!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

In for the build.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We will just have to see how it comes out ElevationTc.
Thanks for the feedback. Keep it comming guys.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah at least tape off the mating surfaces for hoses and such...
Old 02-06-2009, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Just out of curiosity, what did the xA run?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bridfi, Thanks for the comment. Please just keep in mind, primer on the mating surface for the hoses would make no difference than sliding a silicone coupler over a painted/ coated charge pipe.

Also, none of the items still in place as far as sensors, thermostat and etc will be reusued. We have all new genuine Toyota supplied sensors going in.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rythmnsmoke- car went a best et of 14.89 @ 89mph if i remember right at Lebanon Valley on 14psi and C16.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

def. watching.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member