Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbokits.com "Custom Kit"

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea has that little thing (rod) ever taken a hit?
Old 08-09-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

then again, every side has a different story. If turbokits told the customer that they were going to have to do that and explained all the disadvantages, and he still signed off on it, then i guess we should be bashing your friend for accepting.

As far as all the other little issues, turbokits.com better take care of them. One customer issue doesn't make or break a company, but taking care of the issue and reimbursing the customer for this troubles says alot about how you handle business.

In this case, both parties are losing time and money. Turbokits should take this hit and fix the issues.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not to start a flame war with Jesse again but the original agreement was an "in house" custom turbo kit that is equal or greater than the Turbonetics kit. So far, I have yet to see this with the knock off BOV, wrong couplers provided, and constant back and forth. I installed my kit primarily by myself. It took me about 10 hours start to finish and have yet to have a single issue with the kit. Everything fit perfect and was delivered as promised by Turbokits.com. I have abosolutely no complaints about their customer service but I am questioning their turbo kit building capability. They are a great company and Jesse is a great guy. They just need to get the bugs worked out of their custom kits before they start shipping them out. Jesse and Turbokits.com have been very cooperative in getting my buddy's car all the parts and assistance it needs. I personally would not have accepted the kit but it is not my car and not my decision. I am doing everything in my power to get his car running (he's currently out of town for 1 month) and help Turbokits.com get the kinks out of this kit. If everything went smoothly from the beginning, I still would not purchase this kit for 4000+ dollars. I would see this kit in the 2-3k range being a fair price. Once again, just my opinion.

In short, Turbokits.com and Jesse in particular, keep up the good customer service and I hope to see this kit in great working order soon. You can contact me with any questions regarding fitment or advice while Diznix is out of town via Scionlife.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

Why, what's up with the tune? It came off of a fully tuned test vehicle...

Originally Posted by rangerryda
It has long since been replaced by a professional tune but out of pure curiosity, where did you guys get the tune you sent me with the kit?
It actually doesn't cut the support, it unbolts it and bolts up a replacement bracket to mount the FMIC.

Originally Posted by Rebeld321
whatever, im still not satisfied with them cutting the front bumper support and welding on a rod. But hey...its not my car. You can get away with that on a prototype but I'm worried about his car now becoming a salvaged title, or even worse... having an accident in that. But what do i know, i sure TurboKits.com assures us the Intercooler is designed to absorb most of the impact. lol
Old 08-10-2009, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

These threads are hilarious.

Last edited by getaforknjob; 08-10-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Had to add the little dude.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Banned
SL Member

The parts that we changed we feel were upgrades, better flowing manifold, drop in injectors, AEM FIC, larger FMIC. To you, those are not upgrades. We can't change your mind on that. All we can do is continue to move forward making kits and hopefully the community will see the value in them.

In regards to your comments about our kit building ability. We have several in house Toyota kits that are very successful, Celica, MR2, Matrix / Corolla, we have many very happy customers with those.

Please don't take 1 rough transaction out of the 1000s we do as the basis for our business ethics and practices.

Thanks

Originally Posted by rangerryda
Not to start a flame war with Jesse again but the original agreement was an "in house" custom turbo kit that is equal or greater than the Turbonetics kit. So far, I have yet to see this with the knock off BOV, wrong couplers provided, and constant back and forth. I installed my kit primarily by myself. It took me about 10 hours start to finish and have yet to have a single issue with the kit. Everything fit perfect and was delivered as promised by Turbokits.com. I have abosolutely no complaints about their customer service but I am questioning their turbo kit building capability. They are a great company and Jesse is a great guy. They just need to get the bugs worked out of their custom kits before they start shipping them out. Jesse and Turbokits.com have been very cooperative in getting my buddy's car all the parts and assistance it needs. I personally would not have accepted the kit but it is not my car and not my decision. I am doing everything in my power to get his car running (he's currently out of town for 1 month) and help Turbokits.com get the kinks out of this kit. If everything went smoothly from the beginning, I still would not purchase this kit for 4000+ dollars. I would see this kit in the 2-3k range being a fair price. Once again, just my opinion.

In short, Turbokits.com and Jesse in particular, keep up the good customer service and I hope to see this kit in great working order soon. You can contact me with any questions regarding fitment or advice while Diznix is out of town via Scionlife.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now that I have his car running on the parts supplied... peep this thread. It's partially humorous but mostly irritating.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170740

I would have loved to see you guys stick to your word when it came to a BB watercooled turbo. You guys stock a Tial 38mm wastegate on your site for 220 bucks... why not include this in your kit instead of a junker? Maybe that slipped into the kit by accident also???

I know I know, I'm beating a dead horse here but I don't want any other TC owners getting ripped for over 4k on an E-Bay kit. You don't even have any stats or items listed about your kit on your site but it's been tested and proven???? Very doubtful. Your intake pipe didn't fit the stock airbox without serious modification to the airbox, you cannot use the compressor NPT fitting port, one of the cold side pressure seal bolts had to be shaved due to clocking issues, you no longer have a bumper, you didn't include the bolts to replace the studs to support the 47 lbs of turbo/mani assembly like you said you would, and there wasn't any vacuum line provided other than what the BOV and WG came with! I'm sure I've missed plenty more. Lower your price to 2500 and maybe you will get another sucker. I'm done with you guys and as far as I'm concerned, you can take my car and comment off your page if I've angered you with the truth.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 PM

Default The OWNER (turbokits.com Kit)

Ok here is the real deal... This thread has been from the view of a associate that was helping me with questions about this Turbokits.com Kit.
They have been 100% helpful and informative. This kit was not an easy install and i had to call ALOT to get help with some issues i was running into. But i got just that help, there wasnt a time that i called that i didnt get some direction or a fix for what i was running into. The kit is installed and is running.

Turbokits.com "Custom Kit"-dsc00729.jpg

As far as the knockoff BOV goes, i brought that issue up with TK.com and within a day the correct one was in the mail and on its way!!! FREE!!!

There was some concerns i had about how close things were to the down pipe.. They sent me heat wrap for FREE!!!

I had coupler fitment isssues, They sent me replacements, FREE!!!

Overall i am happy with this kit and it is sitting at approx 8 psi.
(there is an issue of wavering boost that is currently being worked with Jessie)

Just to Clear the air, I have not had a SINGLE problem with TK.com in regards to getting Questions/concerns answered or resolved!!!

Most of the issues i have had with this kit (save the couplers/BOV) have been from my lack of install experience with turbos in general.
(i am a former TRD S/C guy)

I know that there is a lot of people that read these threads and make a final decision on what they plan to do. ALL you have to do is check out the pic of the engine bay...
Old 09-11-2009, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kit looks real nice
Old 09-11-2009, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that is not a half bad looking kit. my view would be to
1.lower the kit price
2.better wg and bov
3.option to keep the crash bar
4. not needed but a bb or water cooled turbo
5. make sure all the hardware is included

and after that, you have a solid kit!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it looks pretty nice, i wouldnt mind a kit like that, but how do you feel without a bumper support?