Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbonetics??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member

Default turbonetics??

Guys,

all the talk sounds great about turbonetics, and they obv have a great showcar. theres always hype around hp and speed, and I'm sure that the dyno graphs and gains they claim are legit, But does anyone actually have this Xpensive kit in their tc??? If so voice your opinion, I'd like to know how it really is. Also if turbonetics is so solid, why does it seem everyone is waiting on ZPI kits??I'd like to hear from an actual regular guy that has the turbonetics setup, not a paid rep for the company...Just my two cents

pete mac- jerz
Old 03-28-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: turbonetics??

Originally Posted by dirtyjerz1212
Guys,

all the talk sounds great about turbonetics, and they obv have a great showcar. theres always hype around hp and speed, and I'm sure that the dyno graphs and gains they claim are legit, But does anyone actually have this Xpensive kit in their tc??? If so voice your opinion, I'd like to know how it really is. Also if turbonetics is so solid, why does it seem everyone is waiting on ZPI kits??I'd like to hear from an actual regular guy that has the turbonetics setup, not a paid rep for the company...Just my two cents

pete mac- jerz
I was out for the open house for their turbo kit, i drove there tc and it felt great. Pulled hard in all gears. The dyno runs were consistent runs. IMO the turbonetics kit is awesome. Especially with the unichip management has the option of the bluetooth for pdas. Its a bit pricey but well worth it. you get a kick ___ warranty. I would go turbonetics. Scott
Old 03-28-2006, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had the turbo kit for about a month or so and I've had no problems. No check engine codes, and the car runs great. I highly recemend the kit. It pulls really good. My buddys have WRX and STI's and they love my car. But it really comes down to what you want to do. But it is a well built kit.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^what octane rate gas do you put in ??^^
Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 AM
j10
5 Year Member

i also went to the turbonetics open house and was just impressed by the whole company. Other then having a very good quality turbo, it's their R&D (research and developement) that really impressed me. they had a tour inside their building that showed how they developed their turbo step by step and how they tested all their parts. Once i saw the building and all the expense that cost to make the turbo for the tc, i did not feel to bad about the price of the turbonetics turbo. Plus they have tons and tons of experience turboing cars... correct me if im wrong but i think they have 50 cars with their turbo on it and years of experience.

im half way to $5000.00 for the turbonetics kit!!!!
Donations welcome...
jk
Old 03-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Banned
SL Member

Turbonetics is TOP NOTCH quality products. Just look at how complete their kit for the tc is...they give you everything you could possibly need. I'd definitely go turbonetics over ZPI any day (if i had the money)

Our shop is suppposed to be installing a turbonetics kit sometime soon ..in another customer's tc

i'll post back with hopefully a video of a race w/ my stocker!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member

Anyone read the article in Autoweek this week? They featured the tC with the Turbonectics Turbo. The only downside they mentioned was the fact that the tC really wasn't designed for all that power and really, really needs a LSD. Which they followed with saying that Turbonetics is working on.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VelvetHammer
Anyone read the article in Autoweek this week? They featured the tC with the Turbonectics Turbo. The only downside they mentioned was the fact that the tC really wasn't designed for all that power and really, really needs a LSD. Which they followed with saying that Turbonetics is working on.
They aren't working on one, they just plan on installing one in their turbo tC. Most likely quaife will have theirs out soon.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks all for the kind words. TOns of time and research went into making a very streetable but yet very powerful car. I think the end result speaks for itself.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I want this kit soo much!
Old 03-29-2006, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm posting this off record (b/c of who i am with) and as a very neutral tC owner

but one thing that really opens my eyes and has me scratching my head is the
position of the WG on the Mani. It's like sticking straight up in the air.

I am not bashing on TN, I have used their product on 2 of my other cars and
I loved it. I trust TN over GReddy anyday. I'm not saying that to kiss anyones ___
or try to get a price cut. I'm saying that as a loyal customer who has used TN for
the past 3 years.

Keep up the good work TN.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the kit too and I have been beating the crap out of it, and it takes it and keeps wanting more. No problems at alll and the install is a breeze. Get it you won't be sorry.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:15 AM
Banned
SL Member

if an oddly positioned wastegate is the only complaint people have about this kit, then i think it wins the "best tc turbo kit" award hands down...

anyone from Turbonetics want to donate a kit to Rich at Fuzion Auto in Havertown PA?? lol! i'm about $4,999 short..
Old 03-29-2006, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are more Turbonetics kits rolling around on this message board in the last 2 months than any other kit. I can easily count about 10
Old 03-29-2006, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member

I have the turbonetics kit, and am having a problem right now with it throwing a CEL. Despite that, it still runs great, and the car is simply sick. I would recommend this kit to anyone and everyone. It's simply a great kit and you should be able to get it, anytime, as now it is in stock at a few locations. No waiting, great help (from the guys I bought it from, I recommend talking to Jesse at turbokits.com), and just a solid kit all around.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

have you I.D'd why you're throwing a CEL?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

turbonetics say they are making a limited slip differential for the tc in autoweek, is there any other company that has a real lsd?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Sciontist
if an oddly positioned wastegate is the only complaint people have about this kit, then i think it wins the "best tc turbo kit" award hands down...

anyone from Turbonetics want to donate a kit to Rich at Fuzion Auto in Havertown PA?? lol! i'm about $4,999 short..
*off record*

never once did i complain about the kit, jesus. i merely said it was an eye opener.
I have never see that before and i found it odd to be pointed like that. Hell I even
praised TN for their work on the kit and their overall product. How much clearance
is there with the hood?
Old 03-29-2006, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, the placement seems odd to me too. I think Dezod's WG placement is the best, followed by ZPI. But after Dezod, which places the WG on the collector to get better waste removal, it's just aesthetic between ZPI and Turbonetics.

Other than that, of those three mentioned kits, I feel the Turbonetics just exudes polish, and I don't just mean the black chrome finish. Everything about it just seems very well put together in an intangible sense. I think it's the exhaust turbine shroud and the cast iron manifold as well as the recirculated BOV but there's more than that.

It is a very nice kit.

My gripes with it, though, is that the manifold doesn't feature runners but is an ugly log and the WG replumbs a little earlier than I would like. Other than that, it's by far my favorite kit. The Sound Performance kit is my close second favorite probably only because I don't like the Alphawerks manifold.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im jealous

Quick Reply: turbonetics??