Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbonetics??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
Yea, the placement seems odd to me too. I think Dezod's WG placement is the best, followed by ZPI. But after Dezod, which places the WG on the collector to get better waste removal, it's just aesthetic between ZPI and Turbonetics.
I think I remember seeing someone with a Zpi kit post up some pics of their engine bay and it looked like the wastegate ended up burning a hole in the fabric directly under the hood. Not really sure I would be cool with that.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can anyone with this turbo with a catback exhaust comment on the exhaust tone. What do you think this turbo will sound like with a zpi s-pipe and Greddy sp2 exhaust?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schuller
Can anyone with this turbo with a catback exhaust comment on the exhaust tone. What do you think this turbo will sound like with a zpi s-pipe and Greddy sp2 exhaust?
I have a Megan Racing 2 1/2 inch catback exhaust with a 2 1/2 inch s-pipe and high flow magnaflow cat and it's basically quiet with a nice low rumble.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice.. I'd really love to see your car Munch.. I seriously feel that I will be going for the TN kit hands down. Hopefully this show season I'll see you around.. love to sit in it and see what it feels like
Old 03-29-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
Nice.. I'd really love to see your car Munch.. I seriously feel that I will be going for the TN kit hands down. Hopefully this show season I'll see you around.. love to sit in it and see what it feels like
I was chosen to show my car at SEMA in Philly by the big wigs at the Scion Regional Office. They are paying for my hotel and everything. I'll be around alot this show season. Hope to meet you bro.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Munch, very nice car ~ motor.

Do you plan on adding steel braided lines to it? I think it'd look even more clean then it does now, specially with the anodized blue / red ends. Nice stuff
Old 03-29-2006, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
I was chosen to show my car at SEMA in Philly by the big wigs at the Scion Regional Office. They are paying for my hotel and everything. I'll be around alot this show season. Hope to meet you bro.
For sure.. I hope to be around as well.. thats straight that they hooked you up like that.. I am still trying to figure out if I'll be coming to SEMA or not..
Old 03-29-2006, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCerz1an

Do you plan on adding steel braided lines to it? I think it'd look even more clean then it does now, specially with the anodized blue / red ends. Nice stuff
Thanks.............I have alot planned for under the hood. Alot of powdercoating and a few other things will be happening real soon.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For sure.. I hope to be around as well.. thats straight that they hooked you up like that.. I am still trying to figure out if I'll be coming to SEMA or not..
Yeah I wasn't even expecting it. I wasn't gonna even goto SEMA. I won a car show this past weekend and the big wigs were there. They asked me a million questions about the car looked it over and the rest is history
Old 03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCerz1an

Thanks.............I have alot planned for under the hood. Alot of powdercoating and a few other things will be happening real soon.
HOT
Old 03-29-2006, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey munch congrats on the show. I've got somthing up my sleeve now, so be on the look out. Again looking good.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pen2fast2
Hey munch congrats on the show. I've got somthing up my sleeve now, so be on the look out. Again looking good.
Thanks bro. Keep me posted man. We gotta go back to the track again soon man.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can not wait for this kit to come out for an automatic, i already have the money saved up. The min. it comes out im ordering it.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zucc
i can not wait for this kit to come out for an automatic, i already have the money saved up. The min. it comes out im ordering it.
You'll be happy with the fit and performance of this kit .
Old 03-29-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey Munch, have you played with any of the settings from the TN kit to get a 13.7 1/4? Or is the kit like it is out of the box, and you have other supporting mods? Still on the factory boost setting?

And as for the warranty, do you know if they would still honor it if you broke something after, say you cranked up the boost on it, and putting down 350+whp?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yeah I wasn't even expecting it. I wasn't gonna even goto SEMA. I won a car show this past weekend and the big wigs were there. They asked me a million questions about the car looked it over and the rest is history
hmmm...I wonder what show that was
anytime buddy

Its just the beginning for you my friend
Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Hey Munch, have you played with any of the settings from the TN kit to get a 13.7 1/4? Or is the kit like it is out of the box, and you have other supporting mods? Still on the factory boost setting?

And as for the warranty, do you know if they would still honor it if you broke something after, say you cranked up the boost on it, and putting down 350+whp?
That run was with an out of the box bolted on kit with no modifications, running at 8psi rock solid. All I have on the car is a megan racing cat back exhaust and upgraded s-pipe. It was 22 degrees freezing that day at the track. Track conditions sucked bigtime. I was cutting 2.4-2.6 60ft times all day on drag radials hahahaha. It was cool though. My trap speeds tell the true story of just how great the car is running even pig rich with a 10.5-11.0 AFR. I pretty sure the kit will be warrantied if you crank up the boost, but you can ask miaplaya that, as he would know better than me.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

That run was with an out of the box bolted on kit with no modifications, running at 8psi rock solid. All I have on the car is a megan racing cat back exhaust and upgraded s-pipe. It was 22 degrees freezing that day at the track. Track conditions sucked bigtime. I was cutting 2.4-2.6 60ft times all day on drag radials hahahaha. It was cool though. My trap speeds tell the true story of just how great the car is running even pig rich with a 10.5-11.0 AFR. I pretty sure the kit will be warrantied if you crank up the boost, but you can ask miaplaya that, as he would know better than me.

Yeah, I was wondering if he would chime in on that...

Good run nonetheless. We will be hitting the track soon after being boosted.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

As for the LSD question. Search is your friend.

Turbonetics is a top notch kit. Capable of 400 hp w/o modifying the kit itself (of course you'd need to modify your engine to handle that power)
Old 03-29-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbonetics Turbo is my first choice and I would never change my mind at all. I'm getting mine in the summer and I CANNOT WAIT! It sux when saving money for a long time but it worth it.

Quick Reply: turbonetics??