Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbonetics??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The injectors are Motron 60lb/hr (630cc). As for the lag I didn't experience any on the test car. Its likely that if you are running higher octane gas there you are running more rich then others. Bumping timing up low end and early midrange should give you a smoother transition into boost...
Old 03-30-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KJIN
this turbonetic setup has massive turbo lag. The transition from vaccum to boost is not smooth at all. you can easily feel the hesitation when the turbo starts spooling. once the turbo hit full boost, the car will burst out like theres no tomorrow. this problem occur mainly from 2nd gear through 5th gear. The 1st gear seems to have a very smooth transition with little to no lag. the problem is either the base map or the stock exhaust piping.

hoping to have this problem fix after a visit to the dyno shop. kinda sucks that i have to spend the extra money to get this kit running correctly.
I got none of that. No noticable lag here. You need a better tune. The kit is made for 91 octane gas, and I'm running 93 octane so that has nothing to do with it.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pen2fast2
Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by pen2fast2
Hey munch congrats on the show. I've got somthing up my sleeve now, so be on the look out. Again looking good.
Thanks bro. Keep me posted man. We gotta go back to the track again soon man.
I know man, I'm working on that. I am getting better at driving the car. Maybe I'll start pulling your times hey? I'm so happy I got this kit. I'm starting to be well known around my town. It's great. :D
That's bad because you can't make any money that way hehe. I'm staying low key
Old 03-30-2006, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Bumping timing up low end and early midrange should give you a smoother transition into boost...
thats actually what i will end up doing.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:01 AM
Banned
SL Member

DAMN MUNCH! i think the rest of us scion owners mite as well stop entering shows.. First the SC, now the $4K Turbonetics kit...are you a hitman?? or male stripper..

you should run at Etown this sunday in the import survival series...and i'll def be seeing you again at sema.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member

Default kit

howdy everyone. I also have the turbonetics kit and I'm amazed by it. To start with I had the check engine light comming on, and then they sent me the 02 extender, and that made it come off. Anyways, I went to the open house also and it was the bomb. If anyone was there, my car was the blue tc under the mossy canapy.

I really haven't been to hard on my car since I bought the kit...but after all of my suspension is finished, I'm for sure going to hit the track up.

Hey, has anyone with the kit done some suspension work...what helps? Also, anyone heard about a good LSD comming out...I'm really looking forward to seeing that.

Randy
Old 03-31-2006, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I heard Quaife LSD is the best but haven't made one for Scion tC yet. I emailed to the company and waiting for their respond. If theres any better LSD that you guys know better than Quaife then let me know. Thanks
Old 03-31-2006, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can't get much better than Quaife. Just be ready to pay more for it. I do think they're well worth the money though.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm checking with an inside source to find out what the ETA for a Quaiffe LSD might be for you guys :D
Old 03-31-2006, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have it, Love it. Pulling some great numbers too. Clean install, zero problems. Big Props to Turbonetics.

HP - 126.6 to 252.1
Torque - 129.9 to 258.9

Those are gains of:

125.5 HP and 129 ft/lbs. It ALMOST doubled both numbers. Crazy.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad Quaife is the best, I got an email from them saying it'll be out in May but they didn't tell me how much it'll cost.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElDiablo17
I'm glad Quaife is the best, I got an email from them saying it'll be out in May but they didn't tell me how much it'll cost.
My guess would be around the $1200 range. Plus a hefty installation. Wont be a cheap mod.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But it will definitely be worth it, especially for the people who are pushing 250+whp
Old 04-01-2006, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ideapimp
Have it, Love it. Pulling some great numbers too. Clean install, zero problems. Big Props to Turbonetics.

HP - 126.6 to 252.1
Torque - 129.9 to 258.9

Those are gains of:

125.5 HP and 129 ft/lbs. It ALMOST doubled both numbers. Crazy.
Looks like you have a little more HP gained than the turbonetics guys have on their turbo catalog. Do you have anything else installed (like exhaust, pulleys, etc.) other than the turbonetics kit alone???
Old 04-01-2006, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Man, all this sounds interesting.. I was going to go out to JoTech Performance and check out what they have here in TX.. They built an awesome tC. saw it at the Texas Heatwave last year.. I am really looking into the Turbonetics though.. looks like a really good package..

thanks for all the info..
Old 04-02-2006, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SCION_X
Man, all this sounds interesting.. I was going to go out to JoTech Performance and check out what they have here in TX.. They built an awesome tC. saw it at the Texas Heatwave last year.. I am really looking into the Turbonetics though.. looks like a really good package..

thanks for all the info..
Just so you know, Jotech are the guys who installed mine. If you wanna see the car just drop me a PM sometime. We're out and about with all the SciKotics folks occasionally. In fact, we just took the 1st place tC trophey home from Toyota of Dallas' ScionFuel show not an hour ago.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, almost forgot. Yes, we do have one additional power mod that helped us out with the numbers. A GReddy Evo II exhaust. That's it though. As I understand it, the Turbonetics guys were running their test car with a GReddy exhaust as well. Maybe we just have a freak tC with a few more HP in there than the others.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ideapimp
Oh, almost forgot. Yes, we do have one additional power mod that helped us out with the numbers. A GReddy Evo II exhaust. That's it though. As I understand it, the Turbonetics guys were running their test car with a GReddy exhaust as well. Maybe we just have a freak tC with a few more HP in there than the others.
sweet bro.. and congrats... I was just looking into exhausts.. So you really like the GReddy Evo II.. just saw one on ebay for about 431 plus 100 shipping!! ouch... any place you recomend in this area to get good parts and install... thanks
Old 04-02-2006, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just so you guys know Mossy Performance who was at the Turobnetics day is doing a 3" downpipe back exhaust (from the last part of the Turbonetics kit to the muffler) for the Tc. 3" all the way of course. On the Spec V kit which is about to be released the kit with tuning increased power from 235/234 (stock exhaust) to 275/269 with no change in boost pressure. Just a little more tuning to keep it safe. Heres some prototype pics of the Spec V exhaust so you can see what they came up with http://www.mossyperformance.com/specv3exh/INDEX.html
Old 04-02-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

3" exhaust FTW! That is awesome, the tC should respond well.

The work of Mossy looks awesome, hopefully its not to pricey.

Quick Reply: turbonetics??