Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbonetics CEL came on, scanned code...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default turbonetics CEL came on, scanned code...

I have a turbonetics turbo and my CEL finally came on after 2 weeks since the install. I had it scanned for trouble codes and found... "P2195 O2 Sensor signal stuck lean - bank 1 sensor 1" --> does this mean that im running lean?? all this time i thought that i was running rich, cuz it backfires once in a while when shifting gears. Anyways, i have the secondary O2 sensor extender installed, so i dont know whats wrong. vacuum hoses was checked all good. Do you guys think i need another extender or antifouler on the primary O2 sensor?? I tried to reset the ECU, but the CEL came on again after about 5 minutes of driving.

MIAPLAYA i also PM'ed you this issue. Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No do not put an O2 extender on the primary O2. Whats your vacuum reading at idle? Have you checked your AFR yet?
Old 05-31-2006, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stuck lean/rich usually means that the o2 sensor is not working. The ecu tries to change the amount of fuel to the car but the o2 sensor is not changing so in your case it is probably adding more and more fuel because it can not make the o2 sensor back to 14.7 afr.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
No do not put an O2 extender on the primary O2. Whats your vacuum reading at idle? Have you checked your AFR yet?
my vacuum reading is at 8psi at idle. took out my air/fuel recently cuz it wasnt working properly on the tC, i needed the wideband maybe AEM UEGO.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Based on his PM his idle boost gauge reading 8 PSI at idle ?! Serious vacuum/boost leak going on. Please double check the location of the BOV and wastegate fittings.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by OuterHeaven
Stuck lean/rich usually means that the o2 sensor is not working. The ecu tries to change the amount of fuel to the car but the o2 sensor is not changing so in your case it is probably adding more and more fuel because it can not make the o2 sensor back to 14.7 afr.
maybe broken or just broke, cuz i was driving it for 2 weeks now since the install. maybe it fried my primary O2 this time??

MIAPLAYA, you said that it shouldn't be reading 8psi at idle?? where did you guys connect or tapped the hose line for the boost gauge?? I connected mines in between where the BOV port is and the T-fitting hose--> is this where its supposed to be or in between the wastegate port and the compressor port hose?? thanks.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCing_U
maybe broken or just broke, cuz i was driving it for 2 weeks now since the install. maybe it fried my primary O2 this time??

MIAPLAYA, you said that it shouldn't be reading 8psi at idle?? where did you guys connect or tapped the hose line for the boost gauge?? I connected mines in between where the BOV port is and the T-fitting hose--> is this where its supposed to be or in between the wastegate port and the compressor port hose?? thanks.
I have my gauge tapped between the bov port and the t. I get between 20-22 psi at idle.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schuller

I have my gauge tapped between the bov port and the t. I get between 20-22 psi at idle.
I think you mean your gauge is reading 20 hg of vacuum. All or at least most boost guages have a 0 and numbers to the left and right of that 0. To the left of that zero the readings should be in in/hg or inches of mercury also known as vacuum. At idle your gauge should read 20-25 in/hg or a vacuum reading of 20-25. When you get on the gas you should see the needle swing up to 0. (the vacuum reading are typically on the left side of the 0) When you go WOT you should see positive pressure meaning 1-8 PSI of boost with the needle to the right of the 0.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Stuck lean does not necessarilly mean the 02 is bad. I have seen many more in that case that actually had an AFR issue rather than a bad 02 sensor. If the car cannot correct the lean condition within its set parameters (in other words, it is adding all the fuel it can and still reads lean) it will set that code. Check all of the things MIAPLAYA says and make sure all is connected correctly. I would then use a diagnostic tool to monitor the patterns on both 02 sensors to see what is really going on.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think you mean your gauge is reading 20 hg of vacuum. All or at least most boost guages have a 0 and numbers to the left and right of that 0. To the left of that zero the readings should be in in/hg or inches of mercury also known as vacuum. At idle your gauge should read 20-25 in/hg or a vacuum reading of 20-25. When you get on the gas you should see the needle swing up to 0. (the vacuum reading are typically on the left side of the 0) When you go WOT you should see positive pressure meaning 1-8 PSI of boost with the needle to the right of the 0.
Ahhh, I did not realize the units for vac were in\hg. But my gauge acts as you described.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

20-22 psi at idle...
Old 06-01-2006, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ That would be one badass car once is spun up huh? :D
Old 06-01-2006, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont know how you all look at boost gauge, but my boost gauge shows 5, 10, 15 below the zero...and 5,10,15,20,25,30 on top the zero. when in idle (engine warmed up) it reads at 8psi and this is below the zero...and when i press on the gas it goes up less than 8psi or when i gas it harder it goes passed zero+

ill check for any leaks tomorrow and wirings, ive been coming home late. thanks for all the help...any more advice, just throw it in.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

below 0 is vacuum
Old 06-01-2006, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Correct below the 0 is vacuum. If you are only showing 8 below the zero something is wrong. Your car should read 20-22 below the 0. You most likely have a vacuum leak somewhere..
Old 06-01-2006, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Correct below the 0 is vacuum. If you are only showing 8 below the zero something is wrong. Your car should read 20-22 below the 0. You most likely have a vacuum leak somewhere..
saga gauges read in bar. so he is seeing .8 bar on his gauge not 8 in\hg. Convert to bar to in\hg by multiplying .8 x 29.54 and you get 23.6 in\hg. That is a normal reading at idle.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

saga gauges read in bar. so he is seeing .8 bar on his gauge not 8 in\hg. Convert to bar to in\hg by multiplying .8 x 29.54 and you get 23.6 in\hg. That is a normal reading at idle.
What boost gauge is that? I've never seen a vacuum reading being taken in bar.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What boost gauge is that? I've never seen a vacuum reading being taken in bar.
I noticed he had saga gauges so I googled them and found out. Some of the nicest gauges I've ever seen.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm thats interesting. I've never heard of any company using BAR to measure vacuum. Even Japanese companies that use BAR for positive pressure use in/hg or kPa to measure vacuum. That reading is still a little off but certainly withing the acceptable range. I would still look around for a boost leak somewhere. Also verify your BOV fitting is on there correctly. Should be going to the port closest to the logo on the top of the BOV. Also would like to know what fuel pressure you are seeing. Do you have a wideband in the car? If so what are your idle AFR readings?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.500whp.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=2700

Quick Reply: turbonetics CEL came on, scanned code...