Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbonetics Scion Tc Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:55 PM

Default Turbonetics Scion Tc Turbo Kit

Basically, i have a great deal on a used Turbonetics kit, and i would like to see who is running the kit, and if the kit can be upgraded to make more power. I also have a newer model scion with diff MAF sensor, and i just got of the phone with Treadstone, they said they just came out with the newer 3" intake MAF pipe to adapt to the 07+ Scions and are using the AEM FIC. Feel free to post your dyno installation pics and any experiences you had with the Turbonetics kit....
Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you really like getting threads locked dont you...at least this one isnt too bad...

so you are getting an 05-06 kit and you have an 07+? If treadstone has an 07 maf pipe i would try to get that or else you can get a maf adapter from randode.

AEM fi/c is arguably the best piggyback for the tC, i am running it on my TT simple kit and it runs almost like stock.

How much power are you looking to make? the t netics kit will take you to 300whp....any more than that and you run the risk of breaking your internals.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:32 AM

lol, sorry for the redundant posts......
But i have an 07, and the used kit is a 04-06
Any other Turbonetics turbo kit users out there? I heard they sold 100's back in there hay day...!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

search!! jesus christ 05-06 is the same motor as the 07 and up. only difference is the maf sensor. now dont post thread thats been discussed a million times. just use the search feature.you would be surprise what you find
Old 10-20-2010, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
search!! jesus christ 05-06 is the same motor as the 07 and up. only difference is the maf sensor. now dont post thread thats been discussed a million times. just use the search feature.you would be surprise what you find
PWNED BY MARCELO but in all seriousness SEARCH!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a good kit. I have an 05 u'll probably have an issue with getting the downpipe bracket to bolt on...just leave it off if it doesn't start to thread right away. I ended up having to retap a manifold stud because I tried to make it work..rangerryder had an 06+ and used his stock intake. Get a good tune and it will be a great kit. Tuning is everything.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this guy is the new scion6.0 all over again lol people dont even try to search nowadays just lock this thread make him work
Old 10-24-2010, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm running this kit on my 2010. I used a Randode MAF adapter then eventually fabbed a blow through set up which I recommend if you're willing to spend some additional money. Definitely search any and all other threads about this kit so you know what you're getting into. If the dump tube has the flex tube then it's the V1 and will tend to crack. The solely oil cooled E50 turbos tended to blow their seals prematurely, so hopefully the one available to you is water/oil cooled since they have proven to last longer. As car_ram_rod said, the bracket on the dp may not align correctly (just a heads up). The E50's are generally smaller than most turbo's that come in other companies' kits; they spool fast, are fun, and will most likely be able to get you to your power goal if it is < 300. The FIC is pretty good considering how inexpensive you can get one for, but make sure you get a good tune! Good luck!
Old 10-24-2010, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZIONtClife
I also have a newer model scion with diff MAF sensor, and i just got of the phone with Treadstone, they said they just came out with the newer 3" intake MAF pipe to adapt to the 07+ Scions and are using the AEM FIC.
That's odd that Treadstone is replacing the oem 07+ TC's 2.5" MAF tube with 3". That should make for some interesting tuning issues...
Old 10-24-2010, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
That's odd that Treadstone is replacing the oem 07+ TC's 2.5" MAF tube with 3". That should make for some interesting tuning issues...
The MAF tube on the original Turbonetics kits are actually 3" too
Old 10-24-2010, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XPRTc
The MAF tube on the original Turbonetics kits are actually 3" too
Interesting. I'd rather keep the same size or do a 2.5" blow-thru setup myself.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Interesting. I'd rather keep the same size or do a 2.5" blow-thru setup myself.
The piping to the throttle body is 2.5" for the Turbonetics kit which is where I relocated the MAF. I finished my blow through set up and MAF load (g/s) between the scan tool and APR X1 are spot on now! Better said transient throttle response, more accurate IAT reading, hassle free atmospheric dump, elimination of rich decel occurrence, and better accuracy tuning off of the MAF are all great reasons to go blow through!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The piping to the throttle body is 2.5" for the Turbonetics kit which is where I relocated the MAF. I finished my blow through set up and MAF load (g/s) between the scan tool and APR X1 are spot on now! Better said transient throttle response, more accurate IAT reading, hassle free atmospheric dump, elimination of rich decel occurrence, and better accuracy tuning off of the MAF are all great reasons to go blow through!
That's great! I wish I could do a blow-thru MAS but since my oe intake is 3", I can't really do it. I had enough problems running a 2.75" intake instead of 3".
Old 11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Your car performed 1000x better on the blow through with the APR.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The t-netics kit itself is an awesome kit. Only thing I ran into on the v2 series was the one bolt for the downpipe to block not lining up. Otherwise its just a good tune and you will be right around 300hp.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Nice track time on the new version of the kit too Brian!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:02 AM
SL Member

i have the treadstone pipe and an 05 turbonetics kit, i own a 2010 tc and im geting 301 hp and 2965 torque, use aem or emange though. i love my kit, i upgraded to ball bearing garrett. i need a new downpipe for that kit, if you know where i can get one let me know.