Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbonetics TC at TRACK and DYNO! 243 WHP/14.0 Quater

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Turbonetics TC at TRACK and DYNO! 243 WHP/14.0 Quater

Alright here are some numbers for you FI guys out there. I had an awsome experience this weekend, FREE DYNO and test and tune runs at the 1/4 mile track.

I was really worried about my traction in 1st gear. So my first run was a 14.3 next run, so I pushed it even harder, and harder, 14.2 14.1 and FINALLY 14.0 at 99.97MPH

BUT i totally forgot to take some air out of my Falken RT 615's for better take off and I had a full tank of gas with a tool box in my trunk, so better traction and less weight, im defenitely going to hit 13's next track day. Here is the dyno and time slips.

I could defenitely get more out of the dyno with AIR going into the Intercooler!

Old 04-25-2006, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would have defenitly benefited from a better blower pushing air into the intercooler, the one they had was so small and it hardly worked, and on top of that it was like 12 feet away from the intercooler, so i was getting no air and i didnt pop my hood either. So im estimated around 260whp
Old 04-25-2006, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Video of 1/4 mile run, i dont remember with time this was but i believe this is my 14.2 run

http://media.putfile.com/1st-Quater-mile-run
Old 04-25-2006, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dyno run video!

http://media.putfile.com/Turbonetics-TC-dyno
Old 04-25-2006, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good numbers man, glad to see what the times are with the kit.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I promise i will hit 13's next time, within the next 2 weeks im gonna head back up there. And believe me i will post. you gotta remeber it was my first time at the track with my car, so i was a little nervous. LOL
Old 04-25-2006, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't know... for almost $5K I would expect that kit to be better. I believe that's around what the other turbonetics guys are hitting on the dyno and a little faster on the track. The ZPI Stage 0 is almost half the price and makes around the same numbers.

Either way I'm still jealous.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCTuNeR80
you gotta remeber it was my first time at the track with my car, so i was a little nervous. LOL
I hear ya,
Your numbers aren't to bad and your inexperience explains the 1/4. Driver has so much to do with a run. I've had differences from 13.5 to 14.3 in a similarly powered civic with dif. drivers.
Good luck and i'm sure you will be in the consistent high 13's by your next few runs.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member

etsnet, you're forgetting that ZPI's stage 0 has no engine management, no intercooler, no injectors, and no room to grow unless you add all those things. In which case the price will be similar.

If I were a betting man, I'd say it was just a matter of time (and not a whole lot of it) before you'll see a lot of people start to bump this kit to around 10 psi and put down 300 at the wheels, safely.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It may not have all those things but if you're looking for numbers at the dyno and track the ZPI stage 0 is more bang for the buck.

Add those things you talked about and you're at the ZPI stage 1 which is around the same price of the turbonetics but now you get 290whp-300whp and making 12.3-12.9 down the 1/4 mile.

By no means am I ******* the turbonetics kit or the people who have it. I think if turbonetics is going to "win the turbo battle" they'll have to drop the price to around $3K-$3.5K to be more appealing to guys like me who have watched ZPI come from out of the blue to make a great product and service.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well first off, when it gets to the point where i am ready to force induce my engine, I wanna know more about the turbine. Maybe I just haven't searched it enough. Everyone is saying turbonetics this, ZPI that. Or it didn't come with an FMIC or the fuel management. Say both kits have those things, but one still makes more power; let's get to the eye of the storm, the turbine! Please correct me, Turbonetics utilizes a T3/T4 and ZPI decided to go 16g.
My question is, when it comes to more bang for the buck, (reliability is thrown out the equation), would a t3/t4 be a better choice than a 16G.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:34 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Back on topic so it doesnt turn into a THIS kit vs THAT kit. I saw the runs. Very nice. I will have a bunch of pictures up for you tonight hopefully.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
I don't know... for almost $5K I would expect that kit to be better. I believe that's around what the other turbonetics guys are hitting on the dyno and a little faster on the track. The ZPI Stage 0 is almost half the price and makes around the same numbers.

TCTuNeR80 great job!

I have been looking for 6 months and thinking about the pro and cons of each kit. I'm sure I made the correct decision. Don't like the retail price of the kit make a few calls and get the right deal.

My stage 1 turbonetics kit. 4400.00 delivered and in 1 week

zpi stage 0 2600.00 delivered = ?
Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pretty good numbers. when i got back from kentucky my stage 1 was sitting at 265whp, but was set to stupid rich for the road trip. i still havnt gone into the emanage and leaned it out since i dont have my wideband yet. so i leave it stupid rich. if i was to run it quarter mile now i would probably get the same times you got considering i have no experience in quarter mile runs. but as far as everyone commenting on the turbos or the sizes the only reason why im producing more power is because the size of the piping ( if im correct). if i recall your piping is only 2" correct? im running 2.5" all the way through therefore able to move more air. you also might want to look at getting it retuned. turbo cars are weird when it comes to upgrading, you pretty much need to retune for everything. you have the s-pipe on your car, but still run off the tune that came on the unichip correct? get it retuned for that s-pipe (if you havent already) and you will definitely see a huge differenece. keep in mind i still run stock exhaust (virginia sucks!). you still owe me a ride around the block with that clutch! lol. take it easy.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey bro.. I watched you run this weekend.. I think with a little bit of practice.. you'll be hitting 13's with ease.. your launching should be your main point of focus right now.. possibly look into tires and or letting out air on what you have.. something.. other than that.. kit looks great!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbonetics= sucks ZPI= FTW! WOOT!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Schuller
Originally Posted by etsnet

TCTuNeR80 great job!

I have been looking for 6 months and thinking about the pro and cons of each kit. I'm sure I made the correct decision. Don't like the retail price of the kit make a few calls and get the right deal.

My stage 1 turbonetics kit. 4400.00 delivered and in 1 week

zpi stage 0 2600.00 delivered = ?
Where did you get it for 4400?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

as the times went he got better
was good to see a tC on the track!!!

im sure with time/practice and some better tires he'll break into the 13s, no problem

launch wasn't all that great, but the car did haul down the track
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jj010
Turbonetics= sucks ZPI= FTW! WOOT!

Now..Now, guys. Let's not rain on anyones parade. It's just a matter of preference on which kit you go with. There is no need to degrade someone else's choices.

And you can tell by my sig who I roll with, so you can listen to me when I say that ALL the kits are good.

It's all about how you can drive them.
Banned
SL Member

NIce numbers.. wish i could afford a turbo kit..

But what is that white tc that runs 12.5 running. ZPI??

Quick Reply: Turbonetics TC at TRACK and DYNO! 243 WHP/14.0 Quater