Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbonetics turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

was that really neccessary?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

another thought...you might wanna think twice about the turbo though since u live in cali and it's illegal here on our car. If you want f/i...it might be more cost effective to get a s/c kit with some extras...because if a cop pops you...gotta get it taken off which will cost some more green plus the ref certification and the cost of the ticket...then if you wanna put it back on...same thing...a painful cycle here in cali
Old 08-18-2007, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah ive thought about the whole cop thing pretty ___ but what can you do its life right? everything has it consiquences one way or another but does anyone have anything else to say about that kit?? like its pretty good
Old 08-18-2007, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since it seems like your not looking for THAT MUCH power and your kind of on a budget why not get the TRD Supercharger? The price has dropped a lot on it - and the dealer can install it and you can drive away in it tuned and all using the factory computer. With an exhaust system people have dyno'd 210-220WHP with it...plus you can get the 9.5 PSI pulley later on too if you wanted.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never said i wasn't look for a little bit of Power how much can that Turbonetics stage 2 output in max power when greatly tuned very curious about that. I never said anything on the budget??
Old 08-18-2007, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

So much hate for the Turbonetics kit lol! I love the " You break it we replace it" warranty and the fit & finish is great. I had one and ran good now my bro has it with and upgraded turbo (seals are weak in the T3/T4 trim). Greddy kits are bare bones(like ZPI stage 0) so not worth the money IMO since you have to purchase various upgrades. Dezod is by far the best with customer service and their kits are well priced with various configurations available. As for Turbo Toyotas, haven't seen too much of them yet but the set-up they have is awesome looking and seems very durable. TRD supercharger is a solid unit as well as long as you stay in the warranty areas. Its all about install though cause a turbo and/orsupercharger from any maker with a mickey mouse install can put you in a shop quick.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya... Turbonetics NO FAULT/NO HASSLE warranty you can't really beat.

I was curious why Dezod switched from the Turbonetics T3/T4 to the innovative...

my only thing with turbonetics is that I'm curious whos putting out at least 240+ to the wheels...with JUST THE KIT and EXHAUST...tuned. Not a built motor...fuel pump...injectors...etc.

If you live in Socal...and not in the mid U.S. there are PLENTY of Unichip tuners... people just don't spend time looking. There is 30+ in socal alone. And if you have access to private/industry facilities that number jumps even higher.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

so the flaw in the kit is the turbo after one year?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
yeah, the dezod kits use emanage instead of unichip as a piggyback ecu.

both can get the job done when tuning the car, but if you want to get your car properly tuned with a unichip, you have to find and go to a unichip tuner, while emanage can be tuned by just about anybody that knows how to.
We now offer our kits with either the E-manage, E-manage Ultimate, AEM FIC or AEM EMS!!! No other company can boast that!

We can fully customize a turbo to suit your needs.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by JonnyHomesick
Ya... Turbonetics NO FAULT/NO HASSLE warranty you can't really beat.

I was curious why Dezod switched from the Turbonetics T3/T4 to the innovative...
Just ask!

Reason being: 3 price hikes in 1 year from them AND tons of seal issues. It was to the point that we where warranting turbos through them every week!

So in order to keep quality up and price down as much as we can, we had EXCELLENT feedback from the Innovative turbos we used on the Civic kits. So it was a no brainer for the tC. Not to mention, we absorbed 3 stainless steel price hikes last year to keep our kit cost where it has been.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Word Paul... like I said before... your the man! I can't wait to pick up my S1 Kit from Dezod in the next few months.

Wanna see some Innovative power guys? Visit my youtube account to see Chris' dyno results of his S1 kit... 300+hp to the wheels!
www.youtube.com/diyordie

not to mention some other goodies
Old 09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well finally back on but umm i wanted to know if anyone know any good prices for a brand new kit if anyone can help i will be most gratefull