Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TURBONETICS/ZPI/DEZOD turbo kit times???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

How much time would an LSD cut on these turbo tCs(.5sec 1sec)? Also, any word on when an LSD is coming out?
Old 04-02-2006, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
I think ZPI may have those low 12sec passes without any exhaust. I have the videos of them making those runs with a full open exhaust from the downpipe. Not 100% sure on that though, they may have raced again with an exhaust attached to it.

The silver ZPI tC has always had the ZPI cat-back on it. So, it's a full exhaust they run and have always ran. I believe the FM tC dumped the wastegate into the bottom of the engine, but the Silver tC's wastegate is plumbed back into the exhaust system. I can't remember off top, but I believe that it is.

Nonetheless though, it has a ZPI exhaust on it.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I watched the videos again, the silver one sounds like open downpipe. And the FM one mentions it has open downpipe.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
I watched the videos again, the silver one sounds like open downpipe. And the FM one mentions it has open downpipe.
Thank-you. Point proven. I'm sure they've made runs with the exhaust, I'm not denying that... But the numbers and videos they released to the public clearly shows it running with NO exhaust after the downpipe.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

ZPI can chime in here..

And just how much MORE HP does an open downpipe produce over a plumed system(I don't think an open downpipe vs. full exhaust would make a drastic difference in 1/4 times. Open downpipe dosen't automatically make you a mid/low 12sec. car vs. full exhaust bringing you to mid/high 13sec Sir). Unless you know for a fact, I can't go off of a sound that you heard. ZPI clear it up for everyone. Like I said, I can't remember if it was at the time or not. I know it's full exhaust now though.

And the video at the drag strip may be open, can't remember. But the vid of them racing against the STI on the street.....That's a full exhaust system being ran.

Who know's, maybe they un-bolt the s-pipe everytime they take it to the drag strip, and bolt it back up on the streets. Regardless....A 12sec. car is just that...a 12sec. car.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ZPI should hire you as their resident forum board lawyer
Old 04-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
ZPI can chime in here..

And just how much MORE HP does an open downpipe produce over a plumed system(I don't think an open downpipe vs. full exhaust would make a drastic difference in 1/4 times. Open downpipe dosen't automatically make you a mid/low 12sec. car vs. full exhaust bringing you to mid/high 13sec Sir). Unless you know for a fact, I can't go off of a sound that you heard. ZPI clear it up for everyone. Like I said, I can't remember if it was at the time or not. I know it's full exhaust now though.

And the video at the drag strip may be open, can't remember. But the vid of them racing against the STI on the street.....That's a full exhaust system being ran.

Who know's, maybe they un-bolt the s-pipe everytime they take it to the drag strip, and bolt it back up on the streets. Regardless....A 12sec. car is just that...a 12sec. car.
For the most part........a 12 sec car is a 12 sec car, but an open exhaust could easily increase 1/4 mile times by .1-.2 secs. That is the difference between a 13.0-12.9 or 12.8...........
Old 04-03-2006, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of people unbolt their exhaust when going to the dragstrip. Ive seen dyno's of WRX's gaining 20whp just from running open downpipe. Every bit helps.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
ZPI should hire you as their resident forum board lawyer

What can I say....I'm up there all the damn time. So, I kinda know there cars per say.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
ZPI can chime in here..

For the most part........a 12 sec car is a 12 sec car, but an open exhaust could easily increase 1/4 mile times by .1-.2 secs. That is the difference between a 13.0-12.9 or 12.8...........

When I said 12sec, the comparison should have been......13.8-13.7 to 12.4. No open downpipe is going to take you from 13.7 to 12.4. If so, I have yet to see it help THAT much.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Race Gas?
Old 04-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

When I said 12sec, the comparison should have been......13.8-13.7 to 12.4. No open downpipe is going to take you from 13.7 to 12.4. If so, I have yet to see it help THAT much.
No one said it would, unless you have a 1" exhaust on a 500hp car, then it might.

Traction and more power than 8 PSI will bring it there......Joe has a suprise for you guys soon...........
Old 04-03-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

A lot of people unbolt their exhaust when going to the dragstrip. Ive seen dyno's of WRX's gaining 20whp just from running open downpipe. Every bit helps.

yeah, that's what I was saying. maybe that's what they do at the strip.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Race Gas?

Now Were Talkin... Put your Race Gas in for 12sec passes.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

No one said it would, unless you have a 1" exhaust on a 500hp car, then it might.

Traction and more power than 8 PSI will bring it there......Joe has a suprise for you guys soon...........

But of course it will. 9.5-10psi is more like it.

Who will be the first into the 11's.... You guys better hurry up. Don't forget the Scion ShootOut is this weekend. I doubt Kenny is going to be able to resist going down the 1320, and let us have all the fun.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is the 1/4 mile time for the ZPI Stage 0?
Old 04-22-2006, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

Now I've heard alot about the ZPI kit and times, but anyone out there have specs for the Turbonetics kit? Was settled on the Turbonetics till I started hearing about the ZPI kit. So I quess the question is.... Whats the better kit? My cars a daily driver so I'm looking for both reliability AND best bang for my buck.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^^^ same here, im going for zpi tho because of the excellent customer service ive been hearing about

Hey how come none of you guys come to the scion evolution club here in miami? especially you dezod your area sounds closer
Old 04-22-2006, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fishingexpert87
^^^ same here, im going for zpi tho because of the excellent customer service ive been hearing about

Hey how come none of you guys come to the scion evolution club here in miami? especially you dezod your area sounds closer
The Dezod tC is actually up in NH.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ooo ok, man it would of been awesome if it was here

Quick Reply: TURBONETICS/ZPI/DEZOD turbo kit times???