Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turboo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:45 AM
SL Member

Default turboo?

hey sl peeps im havin this little proble deciding on wut to get i have enough money saved up to either turbo my tc or buy a 600cc streetbike im not sure on wut to get its a tuff decision id like to get peeps opinions on this?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

while sport bikes are way faster, the likelihood of you experiencing a painful death, or living the rest of your life as a vegetable make the turbo a better choice.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It depends sometimes u get a good deal on the bike and they throw in a nice casket with your purchase.

Jk bikes r sweet! But I would be to scared to get hit or fall off.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol
Old 02-22-2010, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm selling my bike to turbo my tC.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

i have a 600c street bike, and i'm turboing my tc! if you can wait a month i can do a side by side comparison! ;)

but in all seriousness, where do you live? because i live in michigan, so i can really only ride from later march (if i'm lucky) to early november (also if i'm lucky) so a good 7 months out of the year, where as a car you can drive year round.

A bike, is way more fun. hands down. You can accelerate quicker, go faster, turn better, etc. but then also comes in, have you ridden a bike before? my first bike was my CBR 600RR and let me tell, i was scared ___less riding around on that thing when i first got it. So a motorcycle can only be as fun as you are skilled at riding it. because if you are a beginner rider you're obviously not going to be doing the things you would if you are experienced.

that's just a few things to think about.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

having had two bikes and numerous turbo cars, id say just stay safe and boost,
im taking a shot in the dark but you probably dont have alot of experience riding, and even if you do, alot of people on the road have NO concern for bikes, i have gotten thrown off by wreckless drivers who pay no attention and are too busy texting or eating a burger to watch the road.

im not trying to put you down on it in any way but it takes alot more then the basic concept of riding, its like looking over your shoulder all the time waiting for someone to f up/

turbo cars are fun, endless fun, safe too.
its ultimately your decision though both are hella fun i gotta admit.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get the bike. If you want to go fast.

Otherwise turbo is not a bad idea.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea with bikes the major concern isnt if u can handle that bike its others around you that have pay no mind...kinda like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pezdwLmU2H4
Old 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

even though nobody in the world pays attention to motorcyclists, thats where the skill and experience of riding comes into play. You have to go from being a regular normal driver driving a car, to being a super defensive rider. You can be the best rider in the world but if you don't worry about what everyone else is doing things will go bad fast.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahahahaha cburglb34 thats hilarious
Old 02-22-2010, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: turboo?

Boost!! Better safe then sorry! But hey if you wanna go as fast as the 600cc bike get a nice sized turbo build your motor and break into the 650's and I'm sure you can beat a 600cc bike.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would say boost. At least if you screw up at a high speed you have a car around you.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

yeah but at the horsepower the bike would still take off the line faster because the tc would still be spinning the tires! ;)

but with the price of a turbo kit and building up the motor quite a bit, that's the price of a brand new bike! so it would be pretty even

(motorcycles also don't have governors on them either.. well at least if there is... mines higher than 170 >.> lol)
Old 02-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm selling my bike it's 1700cc.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just boost the scion
Old 02-22-2010, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

do you have any real seat time on a bike?
if not then i recommend you taking a msf course and buying a ninja 250 and ride that for a few seasons, then upgrade to a bigger bike. And always wear your gear. ie, helmet jacket riding pants and boots gloves too.

Bike are fun I know i own a gsxr600 and 07 yamaha r6, But im selling them so i can build on the tc.

Over all we can't make that choice for you.

But I recommend you going the turbo route if your not willing to take the time to learn about the bikes.

I have been riding for 4 years now, I still consider myself being a noob. just my 2 cents.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First thing im going to tell you is if your scared of falling or getting hit, then don't get one. Like everyone says, its not a matter of if you go down but when. I have been riding 1 year and have been down 3 times, all of them not my fault.

I sold my turbo kit and bought my 600rr. I love my bike wayyy more than I did my turbo, but i really miss my turbo haha.

That being said, I have a few questions for you.

1. How is the weather where you live?
2. Do you have friends who ride?

The reason why I have so much fun on my bike is because I have lots of friends/customers (guys/girls I do powder coating for) who I ride with and I live in so-cal so I ride all year

If I didn't know all the people I do or had to keep my bike in a garage 1/2 the year I would not like it at all.

The bike I see as a fun weekend thing, you meet up with a group of people and go riding. The car is something you use to get from point a to b, and with a turbo it makes going from a to b that much more fun.

Once my car is paid off im going to turbo it again if that tell you anything...
Old 02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
SL Member

wooww i got alot of responses kool thanks guys..lol...well anywho i stay in sunny cali it barely even rains now its sunny all day every day thru out the year i know some of u cali folks already knew that lol yea there both fun.. i ride my cuzins cbr 1000 around wen hes in a nice a mood its in adrenaline rush wen u get on the bike cuz its so powerfull so thats y i rather go 600cc 3 of my closest friends got bikes an they always ridin around i wana join them too cuz it looks like alot of fun from car view....the only thing they always tell me is to stay very cautious wen riding cuz people never think of motorcyclest..i think i said that right lmao....well anyways the turbo thing sucks in cali cuz its not street legal =[..were in the street bike is 100% street legal thats y im so confused =[ tuff decision ii want both lol i think ima turbo first then go to street bike maybe next year hmm ill see wut i do..thanks guys if any one has anything else to add go rite ahed any other opinions would be great..
Old 02-22-2010, 09:00 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by skinnayyy
i have a 600c street bike, and i'm turboing my tc! if you can wait a month i can do a side by side comparison! ;)

but in all seriousness, where do you live? because i live in michigan, so i can really only ride from later march (if i'm lucky) to early november (also if i'm lucky) so a good 7 months out of the year, where as a car you can drive year round.

A bike, is way more fun. hands down. You can accelerate quicker, go faster, turn better, etc. but then also comes in, have you ridden a bike before? my first bike was my CBR 600RR and let me tell, i was scared ___less riding around on that thing when i first got it. So a motorcycle can only be as fun as you are skilled at riding it. because if you are a beginner rider you're obviously not going to be doing the things you would if you are experienced.

that's just a few things to think about.

yea let me know witch one u like better ima wait like a month or 2 to get a lil more cash saved up anyways just wanted to get some opinions