Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turboo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:57 PM
SL Member

lol^^^..yea we should just to keep it on the safe side....=)
Old 02-28-2010, 05:23 AM
SL Member

how hard is it to get ur motorcylce license???can anybody help me out on this its cali area for if ur wonderin
Old 03-01-2010, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hope this helps. The rider course isn't too difficult, just pay attention during the road part during practice. The hardest thing is learning to trust that the bike will stay up, and getting comfortable to leaning on the faster turns.

http://www.ca-msp.org/

I fell on the first day and still passed, had us warming up the bikes in the morning doing laps and one of the corners had a puddle, took it too sharp.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

what about the nitro bikes? those run llike 6 second quarters i thought? and those are super scary because the engine blows up if you let off the throttle or don't full throttle it.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You'll need a track license to run nitro and they handle like garbage. With enough HP anything will break 6 sec. Give me twisties, they showcase the driver and not the bike. Still, I wouldn't say no if someone offered me BMW S1000RR. That bike is pure sex.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:23 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Hope this helps. The rider course isn't too difficult, just pay attention during the road part during practice. The hardest thing is learning to trust that the bike will stay up, and getting comfortable to leaning on the faster turns.

http://www.ca-msp.org/

I fell on the first day and still passed, had us warming up the bikes in the morning doing laps and one of the corners had a puddle, took it too sharp.

lol that sucks wut kinda bike u use that day? thanks for the info...=]
Old 03-03-2010, 12:26 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The training course used Honda Nighthawk 250's, most probably will have that or maybe a rebel, something cheap with a small displacement and low maintenance cost.

Instructor was cool about it, I was guessing it happens a lot. Bent the pedal shift lever but was able to get it back in shape. Would rather dump a beater class bike than my own. I've heard it's not a question of if you'll lay down a bike, it's a question of when. I got my answer early
Old 03-03-2010, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

haha yeah i layed down my CBR after about 2 months of owning it when a guy turned in front of me and stopped. It was either lay down the bike or hit the side of truck. At least i got it out of the way early too ^^

But you were lucky, when i took my MSF course there was this girl that did great all throughout the course, and then on the test day it was raining and snowing, and she took a turn and slipped out and she got failed because of it.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
The training course used Honda Nighthawk 250's, most probably will have that or maybe a rebel, something cheap with a small displacement and low maintenance cost.

Instructor was cool about it, I was guessing it happens a lot. Bent the pedal shift lever but was able to get it back in shape. Would rather dump a beater class bike than my own. I've heard it's not a question of if you'll lay down a bike, it's a question of when. I got my answer early
lol..that suxss kool as long as i dont use my own bike for if i get one lol i dont wana drop it lol
Old 03-04-2010, 10:52 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by skinnayyy
haha yeah i layed down my CBR after about 2 months of owning it when a guy turned in front of me and stopped. It was either lay down the bike or hit the side of truck. At least i got it out of the way early too ^^

But you were lucky, when i took my MSF course there was this girl that did great all throughout the course, and then on the test day it was raining and snowing, and she took a turn and slipped out and she got failed because of it.

damn thats crazy man.....lol sucks for the girl theyshould have just passed her..
Old 03-04-2010, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To apply for your motorcycle Class M1 or M2 license, you must do one of the following:

If you are under 21, you must complete a motorcycle rider training course given by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and provide a certificate of Completion of Motorcycle Training (DL 389) to DMV to be issued your license. You will not be required to take the motorcycle driving test at DMV if you currently have a California Drivers License.

If you are over 21, you may either choose to complete the course by CHP and provide the certificate OR schedule an Appointment(s) at DMV to take the driving test. (You may also call 1-800-777-0133 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, to make a driving test appointment.) You have three chances to pass the test.

^^straight from the DMV website. i say you get the turbo then wait til you are 21 and get a bike too thats what i want to do, i already have the turbo tc now i have til the summer to save up for a bike well after i get my turbo kit where i want it
Old 03-04-2010, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It's a lot easier to take the course and get a certificate than it is to just show up at the DMV for a test. The course will give you 16 hours of riding time ON the test course, making it much easier to pass. Plus, you can use it if you ride on base to get a base sticker.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

not only that.. when you take the test at the DMV you have to use your bike (at least in michigan) the course you use the MSF's bikes... so if anything you get to crash thiers!

and i know you said you have some riding experience, but when i took the course there were people that had been riding for a long time but had a lot of trouble going slow and taking turns at slow speed. some of them even dropped the bikes... so it's also a good way to learn your limits.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:53 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by athletefeet66
To apply for your motorcycle Class M1 or M2 license, you must do one of the following:

If you are under 21, you must complete a motorcycle rider training course given by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and provide a certificate of Completion of Motorcycle Training (DL 389) to DMV to be issued your license. You will not be required to take the motorcycle driving test at DMV if you currently have a California Drivers License.

If you are over 21, you may either choose to complete the course by CHP and provide the certificate OR schedule an Appointment(s) at DMV to take the driving test. (You may also call 1-800-777-0133 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, to make a driving test appointment.) You have three chances to pass the test.

^^straight from the DMV website. i say you get the turbo then wait til you are 21 and get a bike too thats what i want to do, i already have the turbo tc now i have til the summer to save up for a bike well after i get my turbo kit where i want it

hmmm im leaning towards the turbo side for now...ill see wut happens..=]