Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbotoyotas "Basik" kit 5 speeds ok :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 08:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
todd this looks like an awesome idea. i hope you sell a ton of kits. +1 for a great company and a great owner
install your kit already
Old 12-07-2007, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

Todd

Why dont u have the Link to Turbo Toyota's Website in your Sig?!?!? i had to ask a friend how to get to ur site. cmon!

btw im taking a STRONG look at switching to your kit. just cuz i've heard so many good things about you all as a company and between that, the quality of what im seeing yall put together and the efficiency....yeah...i think i'd like to join the team lol

couple Q's tho.

do u have any idea what PSI the Basik will run at or is there a particular HP goal? also about how many RPMs it the turbo fully spooled at? i regularly AutoCross and Quick Spool time is of a deep importance to me. and coming from the ZPI 16G im used to being all there at 2500rpms. where do u think this turbo will wind up at?
Old 12-07-2007, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

todd,

check your PM's
Old 12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Team Echo
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott8
todd,

check your PM's
x's 2 todd im waiting for your payment info
Old 12-07-2007, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kydog
djafropig -- Not only can you use a boost controller but it will almost be necessary to buy unless your fine with the 7psi actuator that comes with the turbo. If you want to go beyond that, you have to buy a boost controller.

The turbo can handle more psi than your internals can..... how much are you looking to run?
im not tryin to run anythin crazy.. i was just wondering what this would be set at withouth injectors and management.. stage 0 style.. if anythin ill grab those free injectors and save up for some management and put that in like a couple months down the road.. i guess what i was asking was could this been ran like a stage 0 with like 6 or 7 psi?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

oh and i have a few other questions for you Todd that i didnt list with the other earlier Q's. will this kit mount the turbo low like the zpi kit cuz i had clearance issues with every other kit where the downword sloping vent of the kaminari hood prevented any other kit from working. looking at the manifold you posted it should fit but i thought i'd ask bcuz that will be the deciding factor now on whether or not i order this kit.

and can i opt to sub in the HKS SSQV instead of the supplied Greddy BOV? or is the greddy the only BOV you guys can give with the basik?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think what Todd was saying is you could run this kit at the wastegate spring level with 440 injectors without management.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I think what Todd was saying is you could run this kit at the wastegate spring level with 440 injectors without management.
if thats the case then i may have to start clearin up some space on my credit card.. haha god damn black friday sales
Old 12-08-2007, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do u have any idea what PSI the Basik will run at or is there a particular HP goal? also about how many RPMs it the turbo fully spooled at? i regularly AutoCross and Quick Spool time is of a deep importance to me. and coming from the ZPI 16G im used to being all there at 2500rpms. where do u think this turbo will wind up at?
Depends on the customers wants and needs, we can do 5, 7, 9, 14 psi actuators.

Considering the "BASIK" manifold is just a longer runner log manifold you will see similar results as other log manifold kits.

I just dyno'd one of the last Version 1 kits with a GT3071R with the EL manifold and a 3071 and it was making full boost by 3000rpms should shed some light on things.

i guess what i was asking was could this been ran like a stage 0 with like 6 or 7 psi?
I would run the stock ECU with 440cc injectors and no more than 5psi on a 57trim

will this kit mount the turbo low like the zpi kit cuz i had clearance issues with every other kit where the downword sloping vent of the kaminari hood prevented any other kit from working. looking at the manifold you posted it should fit but i thought i'd ask bcuz that will be the deciding factor now on whether or not i order this kit.

and can i opt to sub in the HKS SSQV instead of the supplied Greddy BOV? or is the greddy the only BOV you guys can give with the basik?
It sits low enough to run the reverse cowl style hoods

I will do the HKS SSQV... it just costs a lil more....one of the very few upgrades I will do on the "BASIK" kit. Being that 90% of the "BASIK" kits I have sold have all asked for it.

Hope that helps

Regards-

Todd
Old 12-08-2007, 10:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Todd, please check your email, I sent it out like 3 days back. Haven't heard your reply... I was thinking you might be busy with some event thats going on?

Dough is ready, just need to get things moving.

Do you supply the block off plate for the 38mm flange or do I need to get it myself?

Thanks Matey
Old 12-08-2007, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow wut a deal esp for the first 10 customers! Great job wish i had the money
Old 12-08-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo
Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
todd this looks like an awesome idea. i hope you sell a ton of kits. +1 for a great company and a great owner
install your kit already
hahaha its official.. my car is going under the knife over my christmas break. the time is upon us! btw is yours up and running? i havent heard much.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Team Echo
SL Member

Depends on the customers wants and needs, we can do 5, 7, 9, 14 psi actuators.

ok can somebody chime in on this im not too sure what this means? are you saying with this actuators the kit will come out of the box at these set psi levels? and if so with a boost controller would i be able to raise and lower it? sorry this is all new to me
Old 12-09-2007, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, you can choose the base PSI level depending on the actuator. You can only riase boost levels with a boost controller, and you can only go up to double.

So if you got the 9psi spring, you could not go any lower, and you could go up to 18psi with a controller.

now, if your gonna run with no manegment, like a stage 0, then you need to keep it low at 5psi. So then you could get mangement later and get a boost controller and up it up to 10psi.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha its official.. my car is going under the knife over my christmas break
About time!!!!!

PS- I'll be in your neck of the woods on Thurs

Good explanation there Meaty, and Thank you for always being so helpful

Regards-

Todd[/quote]
Old 12-09-2007, 06:46 PM
SL Member

If NY didn't have such strict laws this would be in my living room right now.

What have others in NY done to get around all the crap you have to deal with?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Just don't tell anybody in NY you got this kit and you will be all set.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM
SL Member

Yeah but like when my car goes to get smogged or whatever wouldn't they then find out? How do people avoid it, I have seen lots of boosted cars in the car (that weren't boosted from factory), but how do they do it?

We have no adapted the CARB laws of California, and I am new to the area so I don't know how that all works.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

Todd,

i have yet ANOTHER Question for u! lol its like we're friends rofl.

i see that you offer a Down-pipe and S-pipe Combo with the basik. i am currently running an Invidia S-pipe and already have the bung welded for my AEM Wideband. does the Basik downpipe mate in a specific/different position that will call for YOUR s-pipe?

and i know im just dreaming of a perfect world but i take it your kit doesnt come with a 02 bung already welded onto the s-pipe does it. lol just tryna work out as many kinks as possible here
Old 12-10-2007, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and i know im just dreaming of a perfect world but i take it your kit doesnt come with a 02 bung already welded onto the s-pipe does it
Gotcha covered.

All the s-pipes have an extra o2 bung just for this reason....a wideband sensor

Regards-

Todd

Quick Reply: Turbotoyotas "Basik" kit 5 speeds ok :)