Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbotoyotas TC turbo kits. Not in business no more!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
Why the change in bends?
Purely cosmetic. Don't you think the 2nd one looks nicer?

I do

I thought in the first manifold that the pipe that you changed looked longer than the rest. In the second one, it seems to fit better as far as being the same length as the rest.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Former Sponsor
HaYu Racing
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Why the change in bends?

I do

I thought in the first manifold that the pipe that you changed looked longer than the rest. In the second one, it seems to fit better as far as being the same length as the rest.
you are wrong
Old 03-23-2007, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Looks good Todd....That manifold is hott, you keep on doing big things like this your gonna have to buy more drinks in Vegas this year.
Thanks Kenny I appreciate it allot. Vegas....I'll just be a new dad, we'll see if I make it. Hopefully

Regards-

Todd

Welcome to father hood. I just got inducted about a month ago.

Ok, back on topic.

Specs on the dyno, PSI level, what is the numerical value of the Output? I saw over to the left it indicated TQ @ Flywheel. What is the TQ at the wheels?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:06 AM
Former Sponsor
HaYu Racing
SL Member

Looks good Todd....That manifold is hott, you keep on doing big things like this your gonna have to buy more drinks in Vegas this year.
Thanks Kenny I appreciate it allot. Vegas....I'll just be a new dad, we'll see if I make it. Hopefully

Regards-

Todd

Ok, back on topic.

Specs on the dyno, PSI level, what is the numerical value of the Output? I saw over to the left it indicated TQ @ Flywheel. What is the TQ at the wheels?
you must have better eyes than Homer's
Old 03-23-2007, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Silver_Turtle
Why the change in bends?

I do

you are wrong

Fool, I wasn't saying that it was. I said IT LOOKED LIKE IT....get off my sack dude. Your in the other thread, now you trying to take jabs in this one too.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

you must have better eyes than Homer's

Old 03-23-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Were you experiencing any boost creep? I have never seen a Tc turbo chart with peak power that high in the RPM range before if boost level was flat across the board.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:17 AM
HaYu Racing
SL Member

Why the change in bends?

I do

you are wrong
Fool, I wasn't saying that it was. I said IT LOOKED LIKE IT....get off my sack dude. Your in the other thread, now you trying to take jabs in this one too.
LOL!! i think he likes your sack!!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by hayuracing
Why the change in bends?

I do

you are wrong
LOL!! i think he likes your sack!!

Sorry, I don't play for the Home team...
Old 03-23-2007, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, back on topic.

Thank you Travis. We are half way though and are due mid August, I picked a hell of a time to try and start a business and a family. But thats how the cards were dealt I am playing them the best I can....anyways..

First off..................I will not let this thread go to you know what.......JP is going to stop making negative comments and Travis don't take them the wrong way and respond.
That is over. You too can go play somewhere else. We are grown ups and we need to act like it.

Back on topic....

The car was dyno'd on a dynapack at 9psi. The torgue says flywheel but it is actually wheel torque. There is a conversion the software does but in the setup the name doesn't change. Its just in the setup. The dyno can read flywheel or wheel and we had it set up for wheel.

We pulled allot of timing and its running pig rich, so its a very conservative tune. Like I stated I wasn't trying to make as much power as I could, I was after the power band and we got it. Plus If I tried to make more power and posted the graph I get allot of crap for it..........

Were you experiencing any boost creep? I have never seen a Tc turbo chart with peak power that high in the RPM range before if boost level was flat across the board.
No boost creep what so ever...........this kit is going to suprise allot of people, its a testiment to the design of the manifold and matched parts. You'd be suprised what its actually capable of.

Regards-

Todd
Old 03-23-2007, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Thank you Travis. We are half way though and are due mid August, I picked a hell of a time to try and start a business and a family. But thats how the cards were dealt I am playing them the best I can....anyways..

First off..................I will not let this thread go to you know what.......JP is going to stop making negative comments and Travis don't take them the wrong way and respond.
That is over. You too can go play somewhere else. We are grown ups and we need to act like it.

Back on topic....

The car was dyno'd on a dynapack at 9psi. The torgue says flywheel but it is actually wheel torque. There is a conversion the software does but in the setup the name doesn't change. Its just in the setup. The dyno can read flywheel or wheel and we had it set up for wheel.

We pulled allot of timing and its running pig rich, so its a very conservative tune. Like I stated I wasn't trying to make as much power as I could, I was after the power band and we got it. Plus If I tried to make more power and posted the graph I get allot of crap for it..........

Let me be first to apologize Todd. No harm intended on my part. Dude just kept following me around the forum making azz comments. I apologize for my part.

Now, back to grown folks talk..

Thank you for clearing the TQ question I had. Although we run a ZPI turbo kit on our car, I like learning about other kits, and what specs they have and how it contributes to the ability to make Scions faster. In the process, I learn more about cars in general.

PS...boy or girl? Or surprise? Baby boy here, can't get enough of those 4am wakeup calls...
Old 03-23-2007, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me be first to apologize Todd. No harm intended on my part. Dude just kept following me around the forum making azz comments. I apologize for my part.
Thank you, and I know how hard it can be to try and not respond to certain comments.

PS...boy or girl? Or surprise? Baby boy here, can't get enough of those 4am wakeup calls...
Just found out Monday....having a BOY

Thank you for clearing the TQ question I had. Although we run a ZPI turbo kit on our car, I like learning about other kits, and what specs they have and how it contributes to the ability to make Scions faster. In the process, I learn more about cars in general.
Yes, the more we all know the better off we all are.

Get Kenny to talk you into running a Garrett turbo would ya..........please

-Todd
Old 03-23-2007, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Just found out Monday....having a BOY
Amen... ...lol

Yes, the more we all know the better off we all are.

Get Kenny to talk you into running a Garrett turbo would ya..........please

-Todd

I will go Garrett when the built motor is sitting under the hood. Don't worry about that one. Stock motor, I'm good still. Just ready to turn up to 12lbs with say Meth inject. That's good for constant 12's in the 1/4. When I'm ready for 10's you will find the Equal length and GT turbo sitting on the built motor.

Easier said then done though, when you have 2 project cars (turbo tC, 350Z), and a new born son. But both cars will eventually be 10sec 1/4 mile cars. The Z will just be ran on the 1/4 just to see what it will do, but it's the Drift/Track project not Drag.

OK....Sorry for going off topic.

Back to the Kit....It looks PIMP!
Old 03-23-2007, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Guru
Most dyno charts I have seen for the 07 make peak power at or around redline. There are many threads discussing the changes made if you don't know them already guru if you want another example here is dezod's 07 kit with a customer dyno chart on the page...

http://dezod.com/pd_force_fed_concepts.cfm
Old 03-23-2007, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are some underlying secrets in the dyno sheet that I am suprised anyone has picked up on..................yet

Will anyone notice?

Regards-

Todd
Old 03-23-2007, 08:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, if that graph is accurate, ~160 tq at 2k and goes up til 6k. thats a damn nice powerband.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice to see more companies entering the Scion world.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Beautiful -- Watching
Old 03-23-2007, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

car looks good.. I'm starting to really fell the all black rims without the chrome lip. It's different and it seems a lot more JDM... lol, yea I know there's no JDM but I mean it seems the chrome lips belong on the european cars rather than our jap cars (or jap/american, whatever you wanna call it)..
Old 03-23-2007, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man, I want to ditch my setup for yours, can I get a sponsorship too? Pricing? I have the unichip and injectors too but do you recommend ditching everything and starting all over? Let me know
Send me an email: Todd@Whyindustries.com and we can work something out.

so do those prices include fuel management? i dont see it on the website
I do not include fuel management with the kits, the price is just for the turbo kit. I am in the process of updating the website with new information etc.

I can offer fuel mangement though if the customer needs it and wants to purchase everything at once.

how close does that manifold come to touching the hood?
You have just over an inch of clearance.

Regards-

Todd
Hey Todd, my name is Guillermo, I sent you an email 2days ago, but I have not heard back from you yet, I'm sure you are busy or maybe you did not get it, let me know and I'll re-send it, thanks.

Quick Reply: Turbotoyotas TC turbo kits. Not in business no more!