Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbotoyotas TC turbo kits. Not in business no more!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

hey todd your kit does not come with a piggyback but is an extra that can be purchased what are the advantages with the emanage on your kit and how much better is it than a kit without
Old 05-07-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Todd, do you think that having push fans vs. the original pullers is hurting air flow.
No not at all, its actually helping it. The fans push more than double the factory ones.

hey todd your kit does not come with a piggyback but is an extra that can be purchased what are the advantages with the emanage on your kit and how much better is it than a kit without
Depends on the kit, but I recommend to all my customers that you get it ( only on the 28R kit at 5 psi can you get by with the stock ecu and 440cc injectors). I just don't include it as I don't want to dictate what my customers have to use. I have some using the emange and others running the AEM. Just depends on what you want and your budget.

Regards-

Todd
Old 05-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned
SL Member

hey todd, sent you another email. let me know. thanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey todd, sent you another email. let me know. thanks.
Got it and yu have an answer

Thank you

Regards-

Todd
Old 05-08-2007, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey todd.
ive always been a fan of the zpi kits. but after reading through your site, im starting to like your kits a little more. especially the manifolds.
do all of your kits require modding the internals somewhat?
because ive been looking at the stage 2 turbo kit and was wondering what internals do you recomend be modded. would i be better of with your stage 1 or zpis or your stage 2?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i also noticed you live in arizona. which is right around the corner!
Old 05-08-2007, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

after reading through your site, im starting to like your kits a little more. especially the manifolds.
Thank you

do all of your kits require modding the internals somewhat?
because ive been looking at the stage 2 turbo kit and was wondering what internals do you recomend be modded. would i be better of with your stage 1 or zpis or your stage 2
You don't have to upgrade the internals for either ZPI's or my kit. You only need to do so depending on the power level you are after. Turn up the boost on either and try and make 400whp on pump gas and your going to want to at least do rods/pistons.(recommended anyways for safety sake)

I have the GT28R kit running at just under 330whp and the GT3071R kit at over 350whp and they are both stock motors. And I have plenty of room for "error".

What are you looking for out of a kit?(powerband, hp level, future growth potential) once I know what you want and need we can put something together that gives you what you are looking for.

also noticed you live in arizona. which is right around the corner!
I will be in Vegas in July at the NHRA event. I will have some new "goodies" and cars on display as well

Regards-

Todd
Old 05-08-2007, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
I will be in Vegas in July at the NHRA event. I will have some new "goodies" and cars on display as well

Regards-

Todd
AWSOME! Make sure you post up before you come down to remind us Vegas boys!
I'd love to see your $h!t in action!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You don't have to upgrade the internals for either ZPI's or my kit. You only need to do so depending on the power level you are after. Turn up the boost on either and try and make 400whp on pump gas and your going to want to at least do rods/pistons.(recommended anyways for safety sake)

I have the GT28R kit running at just under 330whp and the GT3071R kit at over 350whp and they are both stock motors. And I have plenty of room for "error".

What are you looking for out of a kit?(powerband, hp level, future growth potential) once I know what you want and need we can put something together that gives you what you are looking for.
what i want is around the 300 whp range without having to turn the boost up too high. i like the stage 1 GT kit with the Garrett GT28RS turbo. that looks like something i would like on my car. would there be anyway to get a 3 inch downpipe rather than a 2.5?
i am planning on upgrading the internals quite a bit with some of ZPI's great products, but i wont be able to do that right away; which is why i asked.

Regards-

Todd
i will be there for sure. along with plenty of other scion guys. cant wait to see some of your stuff
Old 05-08-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what i want is around the 300 whp range without having to turn the boost up too high. i like the stage 1 GT kit with the Garrett GT28RS turbo. that looks like something i would like on my car. would there be anyway to get a 3 inch downpipe rather than a 2.5?
You can get 300 on that set up running 7-9psi. You can upgrade to a 3" Dp if you want it, but I would stay with the 2.5" But its your choice.

am planning on upgrading the internals quite a bit with some of ZPI's great products, but i wont be able to do that right away; which is why i asked.
If you can wait until what you see at Vegas before you make up your mind on those parts

Regards-

Todd
Old 05-08-2007, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey Todd
Sorry, just thought I would say..."Hey Todd"... I swear, if I ever meet you in person....All I'm ever going to be able to say to you is....."Hey Todd".
Old 05-08-2007, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm...
Old 05-08-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you can wait until what you see at Vegas before you make up your mind on those parts

Regards-

Todd
ooooooohhhh, new products?? i guess then ill just have to wait
Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 AM

sent u a pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

swear, if I ever meet you in person....All I'm ever going to be able to say to you is....."Hey Todd".
Hopefully we'll get to meet at the shootout..if I hear Hey Todd, I'll know who it is.

hmmm...
Did I catch your attention?

ooooooohhhh, new products?? i guess then ill just have to wait
Good idea

sent u a pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you and you have one too

Regards-

Todd
Old 05-09-2007, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

giggity
Old 05-09-2007, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

So for the stage 2 you say that it needs to be on a semi-built engine. What does that entitle and can you tune it down to safely run on a stock block?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So for the stage 2 you say that it needs to be on a semi-built engine. What does that entitle and can you tune it down to safely run on a stock block?
Too get 480whp on the stage 2 kit you need a semi-built engine. To realize the full potential of the turbo utilized you need a built motor, rods/pistons at the minimum.

You can run any of my kits on a stock motor at lower psi levels. That kit currently is making over 350whp at 11psi on a stock motor.

Regards-

Todd
Old 05-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

todd, does this go for the bushing turbo too? i would like to be at or around the 330-350 numbers. what would be the best setup for that? what PSI would the kit be running at?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

todd, does this go for the bushing turbo too? i would like to be at or around the 330-350 numbers. what would be the best setup for that? what PSI would the kit be running at?
I could utilize a similar spec bushing turbo and get the same numbers, so yes. The only difference being the slower spool time with the busing resulting in the powerband shifting about 500-800rpms higher.(say 3000-vs 3500-3800 start point for conversations sake)

for 330-350 up top how low would you like the power to come on at? do you want to run a bushing setup or a ball bearing?

boost (psi) levels will depend on the turbo you run. But figure in the 9-12 range

hope that helps.

Regards-

Todd

Quick Reply: Turbotoyotas TC turbo kits. Not in business no more!