Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbotoyotas "Twin-scroll" Mani NEW PICTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Is this still an equal lenght mani?
Old 02-02-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

supposedly...
Old 02-02-2008, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not finished yet...but yeah.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I spoke with todd a couple days ago to upgrade my setup to this one. Only cost $600 to upgrade which isn't bad as well as i upgraded my intercooler. He also mentioned that there will be dumptubes for the 2 wastegates soon. So im pretty much looking forward to that.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not going to be exactly equal length unless he's changin it up again. It'll almost look like it though.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I have a ? What would be the benifits of lets say a guy running a gt35r going with the twin wastegate setup vs. the single wastegate setup. Would it help manage gas bypasses at lower pressures or ? I know my friend who had a about a 500 hp WRX only had the one 44mm wastegate. Just curious as to the reasoning. Does look sick though, I really like the looks of it so far Todd. Keep it up man.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to my knowledge the twin scroll manifold takes advantage of the firing order of the different cylinders. For example, if the firing order is 1-3-4-2 then the 1 and 3 runners and 4 and 2 runners would be paired together for each of the halves of the divided turbine housing. This decreases the turbulence at the point where the runners meet and help for a quicker spool (less obstruction, the quicker stuff can go through)

please correct me if I am wrong as I am very new to this myself.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ it sounds right to me.. : )
Old 02-03-2008, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire
to my knowledge the twin scroll manifold takes advantage of the firing order of the different cylinders. For example, if the firing order is 1-3-4-2 then the 1 and 3 runners and 4 and 2 runners would be paired together for each of the halves of the divided turbine housing. This decreases the turbulence at the point where the runners meet and help for a quicker spool (less obstruction, the quicker stuff can go through)

Yes I understood that aspect of it and you are correct! That's what makes this thing so "baller" lol. After reading my question again I realize that I'm retarded. The wastegates are paired with the runners they will be be supporting. Since it's divided you're going to have to have 2...lol duh!!! Anyways, Todd great work man.

If I was looking to make about 350+ what twinscroll exhaust housing and compressor set up would you suggest for a good amount of low end punch but still giving you that turbo hit. (which you're going to get no matter what size you really go with for anything upwards of 250+ hp...but you know what I mean).
Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Resu

Yes I understood that aspect of it and you are correct! That's what makes this thing so "baller" lol. After reading my question again I realize that I'm retarded. The wastegates are paired with the runners they will be be supporting. Since it's divided you're going to have to have 2...lol duh!!! Anyways, Todd great work man.
I believe the cylinders are actually paired 1 with 4, 2 with 3. Todd says its not completely necessary to have two wastegates but that its a little easier to do it that way. He said awhile back he could do it wih one. But the two look sick as hell and that would be the way i would choose.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SHDWtC

I believe the cylinders are actually paired 1 with 4, 2 with 3. Todd says its not completely necessary to have two wastegates but that its a little easier to do it that way. He said awhile back he could do it wih one. But the two look sick as hell and that would be the way i would choose.
No doubt they look amazing, I would spend the extra.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FINALLY!!!!

Some finished picts.

The install will be done tomorrow night, just wanted to show some picts of the finished manifold.

Pictures do not do the polished manifolds justice....belongs on my dining room table as the center piece.

Enjoy!!

Old 02-07-2008, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy crap.... i'm in love
Old 02-07-2008, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

that's where you're wrong. it belongs on my dinner table.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

that looks hawt!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually, i'm pretty sure in this situation, cyl 1 and 4 would collect together, and cyl 3 and 2 would collect together.

if 1 and 3, 4 and 2 collected together, there would be more backpressure and turbulence.

follow:

1 fires first, then 3 fires fractions of a second after, if they both collected into the same runner, the gases from 1 would still be flowing thru the runner as 3's exhaust valves are opening.

if..... 1 fires, then 3 fires and dumps into a different runner, then by the time 4 fires, the gases from cyl 1 will be more evacuated. and same thing with the other cylinders.

anyone else?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...everyone's googling right now.... :D
Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

... no.... nobody gives a ____ what you say dude.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually if you look at the pictures it explains itself.... 1 and 4 collect together and 2 and 3..
Old 02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SHDWtC

^^^^^^^its 1 and 4, 2 and 3....the pictures say it all!

Quick Reply: Turbotoyotas "Twin-scroll" Mani NEW PICTS