Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbotoyotas TX Style!! broked axle!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

No didnt have problem contacting tony, he responded to my email fast but i havent decided on the hydra yet that time and was with emanage which tony doesnt tune anymore. T1 might be a plan very soon but I will not judge yet that i have a bad tune. I know the guy can tune and even him was surprised to have those low numbers there could be issues i need to look into, maybe leaks or something and im getting an updated map.

And yeah I dont think its the manifold, there is a only slight difference of the 2.1 from original and you can see from the design itself that its not restrictive. And yeah these are mustang numbers and expected low so it should be around 250 at least with others, still low though even the tuner agrees but still working to find out why aside from the tune.

Also I went as high as 10 psi, i think it spiked to 10.7 if im right.. I revved as high as 6400, but I will try look at the tune again and try to have it compared with other hydras.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Todd...why don't you post up a new sheet from my car I think you said toni got it pushing out better then what it was at?

Then you can put the new manifild on it and do another run to prove the new manifold is better...just a thought (and new manifold for me! )
Old 06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
The new manifold out performs the olds style manifold across the board.
In what aspect?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
Again...Tuning is the most important part of the equation, no matter how good or how bad the quality of the turbo components are.

Regards-

Todd

LOL.....I find that comment hilarious. Nothing against you, just having flash backs to whenever someone had a 16G turbine, and something were of an issue, it was 100% always the "Chinese Knock-off" turbo at fault.

.....My windshield washer is not squirting?

----Damn Chinese knock off turbo is your problem...
Old 06-05-2008, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Todd...why don't you post up a new sheet from my car I think you said toni got it pushing out better then what it was at?

Then you can put the new manifild on it and do another run to prove the new manifold is better...just a thought (and new manifold for me! )

So what's the numbers on yours?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

And just for the record....everyone talking about the tune this and tune that, and making it be the ONLY culprit to the low numbers.

Just for the record, I had LOW 10's A/F (10.2 - 10.4 ) ratio and at 7 ish PSI, STILL put down more hp than this car. Let alone being at 10 PSI.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
And just for the record....everyone talking about the tune this and tune that, and making it be the ONLY culprit to the low numbers.

Just for the record, I had LOW 10's A/F (10.2 - 10.4 ) ratio and at 7 ish PSI, STILL put down more hp than this car. Let alone being at 10 PSI.
Thats why im not blaming the tune right away, i could have other problems i need to fix.. the guy just tuned a 1000+ hp viper and other cars, cant discredit the guy for one tune with low numbers, at least part throttling is way better than before.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Yeah, Do Work Son! Hehee... Maybe when I get down to Houston for my Hydra tune, we could meet up Ace.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL.....I find that comment hilarious. Nothing against you, just having flash backs to whenever someone had a 16G turbine, and something were of an issue, it was 100% always the "Chinese Knock-off" turbo at fault.

.....My windshield washer is not squirting?

----Damn Chinese knock off turbo is your problem...
that's hillariouse!

I don't know what my new numbers are, which is why i want Todd to post them! He just said it did better then before.
And with the tuning, your kit was designed to basically run off the stock ECU, this one is not. Your AFRs alone are not indicitave of a tune...there are many other aspects. For example, my old tune had consistent cruizing AFRs, and were good in boost as well, but if I stayed in boost to long, it would drop, and I'd have random bogging issues if I floored it in 4th after cruizing for a little. That's all tune related as well.

Oh, and I think Todd mentioned before about the version 2.1 mani having a larger diameter, less bends and better welds, or something like that.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^Yeah, Do Work Son! Hehee... Maybe when I get down to Houston for my Hydra tune, we could meet up Ace.
It might be a longer ride for me 6 hrs and i live in tx.. But I'll see if i'll be available. They have a pretty good shop there and they stock tons of parts that i might need if something happens so its convenient for guys like me than going to a shop that does pretty much only tuning.

Anyweiz stuff im going to look at:
1. No manifold to turbo gasket- possible leak?
2. 3" PVC pipe placed on the air filter so it would clamp better to the intake pipe- possible flow obstruction
3. Anodized IC, possibly less efficient, dont know how much
4. boost leak on IC clamps and pipes
5. correct injector size
Old 06-05-2008, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
It might be a longer ride for me 6 hrs and i live in tx.. But I'll see if i'll be available. They have a pretty good shop there and they stock tons of parts that i might need if something happens so its convenient for guys like me than going to a shop that does pretty much only tuning.

Anyweiz stuff im going to look at:
1. No manifold to turbo gasket- possible leak?
2. 3" PVC pipe placed on the air filter so it would clamp better to the intake pipe- possible flow obstruction
3. Anodized IC, possibly less efficient, dont know how much
4. boost leak on IC clamps and pipes
5. correct injector size

Oh, it's still 6 hrs for you to get to Turbochargers.com? Dang.

1) yeah, I don't know to many NOT running a gasket there.
2) I need pics of that. Having a hard time following that description, or understanding why it is that you need a 3" PVC pipe placed on the air filter.
3) That shouldn't be a problem
4) That would be a problem
5) What size are your injectors?

PS....just thought I would add that Kenny has most likely tuned more turbo tC's than anyone on this site, or anyone that is recommened by turbo kit manufactures on this site.

---Keep in mind, I did not say has more tuning experience than any of the recommened shops(cause I don't know how many years he's been in the game, it's a a long time though), I said he has tuned more turbo tC's than anyone. And that list includes Emange, Emange Ultimate, Hydra, and AEM.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

I will take a pic of the filter when i get a chance dont think its a prob though, injectors are 550s supposedly but not sure of true size but kenny thougth it might be bigger..
Old 06-05-2008, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Does it not come with a gasket or something? lol, there should be a gasket between all metal-metal..

And the painted IC would result in less efficiency, but only by like 2-3%, at most, 2whp.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^It's anodized though instead of just straight up paint. So, I wouldn't think it would even be less efficient than an non-anadozided one. The layer produced from anodization is so micro in coat that I wouldn't think it would even loose 1 whp.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

^^It's anodized though instead of just straight up paint. So, I wouldn't think it would even be less efficient than an non-anadozided one. The layer produced from anodization is so micro in coat that I wouldn't think it would even loose 1 whp.
It's still an obstruction .
Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I will take a pic of the filter when i get a chance dont think its a prob though, injectors are 550s supposedly but not sure of true size but kenny thougth it might be bigger..
A question for anyone.....Is there an easy way to check what cc's they are short of having the thing flow tested or some extra work like that?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
It's still an obstruction .
Well...I reckon I won't argue with ya on it...
Old 06-05-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

the turbo was shipped by peakboost and they sent me a t25 not t3 gasket, so i have to buy one but the turbo was installed so it wasnt placed.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Oh, but I wouldn't think that you would have to buy one. Instead just have Todd correct the mistake and get you the right one.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

A question for anyone.....Is there an easy way to check what cc's they are short of having the thing flow tested or some extra work like that?
bump on this one..

Quick Reply: Turbotoyotas TX Style!! broked axle!