Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbotoyotas TX Style!! broked axle!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

SO the original mani design is the peakboost model? I have the orignal mani now and I can only say that larger primarys than the Megan manifold leads to a quicker spool up for me!
Old 06-05-2008, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you have the OG TT mani, and used to have the megan mani? and the TT is working better for you?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

yes sir..... soo bascially Todd for the win and anyone who doesnt agree can go purchase an OG mani and do their own comparisons
Old 06-05-2008, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

If java can dyno his new 2.1 without change in his tune then that would be a good comparison between the two.. but as mentioned before i think the manifold has least to do with it, the slight change in the design would not make a 60-100 hp difference.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

agreed..... there is no concrete eveidence anywhere that says its the manifolds deficeintcies causing this only speculation IMO
Old 06-05-2008, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Todd told me with the new mani, i wouldnt' need but should get a new tune as the new mani helps the turbo spool quicker.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bryan06tC
agreed..... there is no concrete eveidence anywhere that says its the manifolds deficeintcies causing this only speculation IMO

If they were flow tested, then there wouldn't be any question whether or not one performed better than the other.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just saw the black tc with the tt sticker on the door i want me some of them got to rep it and rep it loud lol
Old 06-05-2008, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Todd told me with the new mani, i wouldnt' need but should get a new tune as the new mani helps the turbo spool quicker.

See, it's things like this that erk me. I guess cause I'm not as gullible or a die hard fan that I would just openly believe what was told to me over the internet. But HOW does he know it helps the turbo spool quicker? Like did he show you hard core example, or case study with the comparison, or was this just "Todd's word". There are only two ways people get me to believe something.

1) Show me the comparison you did to come to this conclusion.

and

2) I actually performed the comparison myself, and single handedly verified it.

Otherwise, I don't just take their word for it, and if I did, and bought one manifold after the other and was told it would yield gains, when in fact it was little to no gains, you can assure that I would be asking for my money back, or a product replacement.

Seeing as how none of them are flow tested, all you got is for someone to do a straight-up comparison on their own and verify whether or not a change in the mani caused any of these low dyno numbers. And it would not make sense to RE-tune the car after changing the manifold, as that (imo), could be all a matter of how you re-tuned the car and would not give an accurate representation of how much more "Flow" or "Restriction" was achieved by (what should be) the only variable change...which would be the manifold.

Also not to mention....every tC is different from every other tC, but we can expect a general estimated whp range it SHOULD be in.

-------------------------------

Also I would venture further to say, that there is not enough evidence to support whether or not the manifold has ANY effect what-so-ever on his dyno numbers. We have like enough cars to count on one hand. When scientist/engineers do a case study, they go through 100's even 1000's of test subjects before they can determine whether or not factor X causes Y, Z to perform in whatever the results are to be expected.

So, I would kinda say lets not get off on some conspiracy theory about it being the manifold, and let Ace tie up any loose ends then make an "Educated" guess on what's going on with the numbers.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How would you determine the benefits unless you bougth both and tested both yourself? Todd build the old ones, dynoed them, built the new ones, dynod them, and they spool quicker. No, he did not show me dyno sheets on each one, so yeah, I'm just taking his word for it. Just like I took his word that his turbo kit would fit my car...which it does.

In any event, like I said, I had the old mani, and we got dyno numbers...I THINK I'm getting the new mani, and we will have new dyno numbers, so we will be able to see how much power they make and when they spool up in comparison to each other.

Todd barely has enough time to get the mani's to his customers, so it's not like he's gonna hold onto one to have it flow tested.

Not that any of this matters anyway since the old ones are not being made anymore...
Old 06-06-2008, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

when i get mine im going to dyno before and after....

just like 1/4 mile time slips dont lie, neither does dyno numbers done on the same dyno..

stay tuned.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
when i get mine im going to dyno before and after....

just like 1/4 mile time slips dont lie, neither does dyno numbers done on the same dyno..

stay tuned.

That would be the ideal situation. Same dyno, same day, same boost, same tune.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with all that except the same tune. There should be some minor adjustments if needed for the new mani, if it does indeed flow better.

Just like an exhaust setup, not so much for our cars stock, but say an EvoX or something, when you increase the airflow, your gonna want to retune to take full advantage of it.

Maybe a dyno wiht the OG mani, swap mani's to take another dyno, and then tweak the tune a little while it's on the dyno and get new numbers after the retune.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
So, I would kinda say lets not get off on some conspiracy theory about it being the manifold, and let Ace tie up any loose ends then make an "Educated" guess on what's going on with the numbers.
once and a while travis actually says something i can agree with. im almost willing to bet money that its not the manifold. theres sooooo many other things that could be wrong. for instance. last time i had my car tuned it was on a mustang dyno. it was reading way too low. at first i thought there might be something wrong with my car. my tuner was also puzzled as to why it wasnt making that much power. come to find out that the dyno wasnt on the right settings. once he swiched it to where it should be, the numbers shot right up to where they needed to be. also, he brought the gaps on the sparkplugs down closer and we picked up 23whp just from that. so lets just wait and see what the real problem is.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my bad, travis...I didnt' even read that part of your post under the --------------
<=
Old 06-06-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

its cool Meaty....hehehee
Old 06-07-2008, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

haha you guys are funny.. but yeah same day, tune, dyno just different mani and we shall see the numbers.. the spool charecteristics should be different as the runners arent as high but that shouldnt adjust the power band to much should it?
Old 06-07-2008, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

here's the graph, just took a video than pics coz its so faint.. looks pretty solid just low

Old 06-07-2008, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

dang cant see it at work will look at home!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

That graph looks very smooth. No dips in power.

Quick Reply: Turbotoyotas TX Style!! broked axle!