Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbotoyotas and UMS Tuning here to help you !

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

howdy tony keep up the good fight
Old 06-27-2008, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UMSTuning
Tony Here...tuning boosted Scions since 2004! Looking forward to working with the SL community!
Hi Tony! Thanks for tuning my car...it is running WAY better then it EVER has before!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 PM

All right...

I will be in Hawaii ( Kauai ) in August............ on Vacation that is...

what part of Florida are you in ? I lived in Defuniak Springs and Tallahassee back in 02-03......
Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by KineticGSR

what part of Florida are you in ? I lived in Defuniak Springs and Tallahassee back in 02-03......
nice.. i'm northeast over in jacksonville
Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by KineticGSR
All right...

I will be in Hawaii ( Kauai ) in August............ on Vacation that is...

i am on oahu which is the island you will be arriving and departing hawaii from! if you extend your trip one day ill pay for your lodging on oahu!! and then you can tune my car!!!! haha payment of course!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:13 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
^i ha8 you.
you ha-ate sombody?

psh h+8.

anyways yay for az! im going to get tuned by you guys soon. very soon.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn all the great stuff going on with TT is making my decision tough. I dont know whether i want to stay n/a so i can get the RWD toybaru when it comes out or stay with the tC and turbo it.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is up with my Kit and When is it going to ship its been 8 Weeks!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude chill out man. Mnay people have waited longer. It will get there. You gotta undersdtand your not the only one wanting one of these. They take time. He has been a lil slow with all the business and making manifolds and stuff for ZPI's crappy kits and Greddy's not so great kits. He has stoped that now but those took some time to do which put him behind. He has turned people away to catch up on orders already placed. So hold your horses ok. I know your anxious i would be too. But do your research next time and you wouldve seen a long wait time for these.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't complain dude..... I've been waiting for my ZPI replacement kit since 1/27/08 (fully paid invoice). That's 20 weeks for you
Old 06-30-2008, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

thats along darn time
Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Dude chill out man. Mnay people have waited longer. It will get there. You gotta undersdtand your not the only one wanting one of these. They take time. He has been a lil slow with all the business and making manifolds and stuff for ZPI's crappy kits and Greddy's not so great kits. He has stoped that now but those took some time to do which put him behind. He has turned people away to catch up on orders already placed. So hold your horses ok. I know your anxious i would be too. But do your research next time and you wouldve seen a long wait time for these.
No, you have to understand full details. I ask him the build time and he said 4-6 weeks. I am overseas and explained this to him. I don't get to come to the states often right now. I will only be there two weeks and won't be able to come back until Dec and that's a maybe. I told him the entire situation. On the 6th of June he told me the manifold and dp were done and the kit would be ready to ship as soon as he get the ic pipes done. I scheduled the dyno for the 3rd leaving me a day and a half to install this. On the 16th I ask him again what is going on, now he tells me he is finishing the welds on the manifold and it would ship. Why did he tell me on the 6th of June it was done and now he is still welding on it. One the 23rd he tells me the same thing he is still finishing welds on manifold and says his goal is by Friday. No more updates from him or any other news yet.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is up with my Kit and When is it going to ship its been 8 Weeks!
You need to read your emails sir

But regardless your here and your posting.

Your kit was delayed a week by all the coating issues I had with the simples.

Your mani/dp is at the coaters and in line. I pick up the SIMPLES in the AM and your stuff is next for the coaters to do.

I've been waiting for my ZPI replacement kit since 1/27/08 (fully paid invoice). That's 20 weeks for you
But don't want to elaborate to why........just give a time frame........

sorry I am getting a little defensive....but I feel I have too.

You know why you have been waiting so long. Mani issues plus all the "extras" that were needed to make it right...and the fact that I covered all those "extras" (as I should)

plus the fact your in another country which makes it tough just to send out a part here and there.

Just had to throw that in there

Regards-

Todd
Old 07-01-2008, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the update. Overnight everything to me, go ahead and charge the fee, and send me the invoice after. Thanks again for the update.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been waiting for my ZPI replacement kit since 1/27/08 (fully paid invoice). That's 20 weeks for you
But don't want to elaborate to why........just give a time frame........

sorry I am getting a little defensive....but I feel I have too.

You know why you have been waiting so long. Mani issues plus all the "extras" that were needed to make it right...and the fact that I covered all those "extras" (as I should)

plus the fact your in another country which makes it tough just to send out a part here and there.

Just had to throw that in there

Regards-

Todd[/quote]

I do understand the extras that you have PMed me the last time (beginning of the month) but was stated "the manifold is complete along with one charge pipe, the dp is being done and coated next week". That was the progress then.

To be fair, I do understand the need to collate all the parts before sending them out to me since I'm located overseas, thats perfectly fine. Just that I haven't been given any replies on this forum or from the email I've sent you (is it still valid?)

I realise things get done according to the degree of difficulty and sometimes you get hiccups along the way which are beyond your control ie coater's oven down etc.... but imagine if a guy may it be local or overseas had to wait for such a long time, anything could have happened to his car during this large window period ie. car totalled, decides to sell or trade-in the car etc... What is the poor guy going to do when he receives parts he can't possibly use on his next car (unless its a 2AZ motor )

That was the difficult part for me in the waiting. I don't think it had anything to do with any scam as claimed by others. Its about delivering a great product within reasonable time (+/- 1 month delay) which in turn fortifies TT's USP (Unique Selling Proposition) and what its known for and why people would turn their backs on other brand parts even if immediate stock was available and ready to ship.

I hope you don't take my rationale too offensively and in a bad light. I defintely appreciate what you have done for me in my order , this is coming from a ZPI customer who waited 8 months before receiving their kit (after endless calls and emails), which gave problems and hence why you got the after sales business. I still have faith in industry players like you Todd, but you have to be reasonable in your delivery timing. Thats all.

I rarely complain and write about companies in the threads, not even when ZPI gave me hell for my order. I always use the PM or email 1st. Its difficult for me to reach you via phone, it always the answering machine. Perhaps you could let me know what time of the day/nite is best to call you?