Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Which kit do you own or want?
I want Dezod
17.11%
I want GReddy
6.58%
I want Sound Performance
1.32%
I want Turbonetics
10.53%
I want TRD Supercharger
15.79%
I want ZPI
3.95%
I own Dezod
3.95%
I own GReddy
3.95%
I own Sound Performance
1.32%
I own Turbonetics
10.53%
I own TRD Supercharger
19.74%
I own ZPI
5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

The ultimate F/I Poll!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have the GReddy Kit

I wanted the ZPI Stage1 (because it was the most HP kit out and seemed to be the one)

I didn't get the ZPI cuz of the delay's and the whole money return issue but now that they seem to be getting things together I probably would get them if I didn't already have the GReddy. I also like the Dezod kit now and can't wait to see it with the new emanage. I'm also interested in see what the World Descendent kit will be like.

I got the GReddy cuz it was the kit I wanted before the tC was even released. I saw the xB and xA commercial, went to the site and saw the tC and said that was the car I wanted and I want to put a GReddy kit in.

Can't really say how much I like the Greddy kit cuz it's not installed yet but I can say I've already thought about customizing it to make a bigger, faster, stronger kit.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

dezod wont be using a emanage as their new ECM^^^
go get your greddy kit installed so we can see how you like it
Old 07-20-2006, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really want a supercharger. with some dezod, zpi, ect. add ons to get that thing spinning like a MF.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, it's obvious who I choose. But here is why....

1) First tuner company I have ever delt with that the owner personally drove to me just to bring me some springs the first time I ever bought anything, buy me dinner, and race me on the interstate.
2) People are down to earth, and real with you
3) The only company to NOT play it Safe and pushes the envelope with every advancement. (People who play it safe are SORRY....)
4) YOU GET FREE ****
5) LAST but not least.......Who's Faster than ZPI
Old 07-20-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

#1 - what about the TBK performance turbo kit?
#2 - I want the Turbonetics because it has gone through much R&D and seems to be a very good turbo kit. After going to their factory and seeing what goes into their R&D, i was sold. Also, how can you beat a 1 year, no questions asked warranty? You can total ur car within that year and request a new one after ur front end is totalled, and get a new one FREE!!! Awesome company that is very reputable and very well made products over the years
Old 07-20-2006, 01:37 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I WANT DEZOD
Old 07-20-2006, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the T-net kit for many reasons:

1)extensive R&D. They were selected by Scion of North America to build a turbo kit for the tC that was going to be released as a TRD model. But tons of red tape later...Vortech supercharger was used and T-net was free to sell the kit on their own. Scion of North America trusted them, no one else, to build a turbo kit.
2) 1 year, no question's asked, you break it we replace it warranty!!!
3)AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: They were the only ones, and I mean ONLY ones that even entertained the idea of giving me a military discount. I place my ___ on the line for the freedom of small business to live their dream and they **** on the idea of even granting a small thank you. Thank you Turbonetics for your military appreciation.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

2 tC's powered by T-netics.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by jam0321
3)AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: They were the only ones, and I mean ONLY ones that even entertained the idea of giving me a military discount. I place my butt on the line for the freedom of small business to live their dream and they **** on the idea of even granting a small thank you. Thank you Turbonetics for your military appreciation.
thank you for serving our country...you deserve everything good that comes your way in the future
Old 07-20-2006, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks bro, I don't ask for anything except for maybe a little military discount every now and then. I do this because I love to...not because I want recognition or appraisal
Old 07-20-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

The sad thing is...and i'm not gettin down on anybody, all of these kits are more than qualified...but i think most people are getting the other kits because of price. Turbonetics is the most expensive bang for the buck...that's for sure, but again, after seeing what goes into the R&D of their products...i go with the old saying...
Good things ain't cheap
and cheap things ain't good
Again, I'm not cappin on any company, just my opinion
Dezod, ZPI, and Greddy are good companies and the only other Turbo i was lookin into was Dezod (you guys to a great job from what i've seen and are an awesome company especially for Scion) but after weighing out everything, I think i'm goin with T'netics...
Unless i get a hook-up
Old 07-20-2006, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BuddhasTC
The sad thing is...and i'm not gettin down on anybody, all of these kits are more than qualified...but i think most people are getting the other kits because of price. Turbonetics is the most expensive bang for the buck...that's for sure, but again, after seeing what goes into the R&D of their products...i go with the old saying...
Good things ain't cheap
and cheap things ain't good
Again, I'm not cappin on any company, just my opinion
Dezod, ZPI, and Greddy are good companies and the only other Turbo i was lookin into was Dezod (you guys to a great job from what i've seen and are an awesome company especially for Scion) but after weighing out everything, I think i'm goin with T'netics...
Unless i get a hook-up

The Dezod kit is REAAALLLY well made. I am so impressed, the fastest cars never come out of the brand names but the tuners who make it happen.

Joe and Paul know whats up.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man i wish i could leave a comment on here........

but i can't yet
Old 07-20-2006, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
man i wish i could leave a comment on here........

but i can't yet

You can't leave a comment anyways.....You have NONE of the above.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I decided to go with Turbonetics for a few different reasons. First off I will say that I am new to the turbo scene in a car so I did quite a bit of research before purchasing.

Originally I had intended to go with the dezod kit a few months ago. I spoke with paul a few times over the phone and PMs. Even ordered a few items from them in prep for once they had their turbo on sale. Then I decided to wait until someone else purchased one and had it running on their car (aside from joes). Months went by and those that purchased the kits on here still had no running dezod kit.

I then checked out the ZPI kit as I saw a customized version of their stage 1 when they brought their car down to orlando. They were really nice people and the car was super fast. But with all the delays on the kit I just did not want to drop all the money then and have to wait months for the kit.

That is when I looked into the turbonetics kit and the unichip. With the research Id done I noticed that toyota's in general respond very well to the unichip. I saw the #'s the kit was putting out and spoke with some of those who were running the kit on their cars. The price was pretty good from a very well known and reliable company in the business. Not to mention the fact that if anything happens with the turbo kit within a year it will be replaced no questions asked.

I'm in no way trying to say anything bad about dezod's kit/company as their customer service is A++. Joe and Paul are some very knowledable people and really helping out the scion community. Now that a few people have purchased the kit I cannot wait to see some numbers!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Turbonetics equal well known, but reliabilty...that's questionable. Just ask the 350Z guys...
Old 07-20-2006, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If I had a Nissan you could rest assure that everything on my car would be coming straight from JWT
Old 07-20-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
If I had a Nissan you could rest assure that everything on my car would be coming straight from JWT

Nice choice..

Ok, trying to stay on topic here..
Old 07-20-2006, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks to everyone that support us! We're glad we can live up to the exectations on our service and support .

I obviously have a Dezod kit and love it haha. About 10k boosted miles, and 10 months of boosted abuse and the motor's still running fine haha. I guess that says something about our kit.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Wouldn't that say something about the tune...rather than the kit.

Quick Reply: The ultimate F/I Poll!