Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

uni chip or aem fic???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 02:49 AM

Default uni chip or aem fic???

ok i bought a 06 scion tc wrecked and working on completing it but..... the original owner took out the piggy back which i later learned was a greddy blue. well after talking to a couple of different people i was told that the aem fic sould be the best route for tuning this car. so i bought it. Well after talking to a tuner today who was persuading me to use uni chip, he stated that it was the best choice for tuning the car and that aem wouldnt be. so yes im not really up on the import scene. dont know much about these cars thought it would be a fun ride. btw... its duh huh.... turboed. the kit originally came from dezode a older one i was told it has an its turbo tail wastegate, and hks ssqv. and i do not know if it has injectors or a fuel pump wich i did but here we are. so what i am getting at is which would be my better choice. AEM or UNI CHIP.

Thanks for ur help!

Wes
Old 09-23-2011, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd go aem. And for tuning the unichip is not the way to go. Im currently on the UC and it works but ur not gonna get the best outta ur car until u get a better piggyback ill sell u my UC if u need something to get boosted n be safe. The UC works fine but I need more!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:29 AM

Question

ok so what your saying is that the fic can give you more performance then the uc correct?
Old 09-23-2011, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the fic is better than the unichip. 1.) there are more people to tune the fic than the unichip. 2.) i believe the aem is better due to the fact it has more functions.

hands down the fic would be the best way to go out of these 2. if u were contemplating the greddy ultimate or the fic than it would be more difficult of a choice.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt know people still ask these question
Old 09-23-2011, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aem fic hands down used it loved it only complaint was not being able to raise the rev limiter and 2 step besides that worked like a charm.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bigG2148
i didnt know people still ask these question
Yes they do...LOL but if u need to tweek go with the aem. But I looks like ur tuner does do unichip
Old 09-23-2011, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

the main reason the fic took off is because it has a better fuel map and the big thing is it can tune partial throttle with no aditional hardware needed.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:55 PM

thanks for the info on that guys and as for the guy that didnt think people asked such questions. yeah im that guy. also off the wall a bit who would be the best to tune this car around the east tennessee area. sorry if this is another question that people didnt seem to ask anymore but since im new to the ricer scene better safe than sorry especially when it comes out of my wallet. i dont care to drive a lil ways but dont want to go somewhere and get a crap tune. is anyone familiar with this dezod turbo setup with the its turbo. just wondering like maybe if it came with injectors and fuel pump. just checking sorry to be a lil duh huh on this stuff but injectors are hard to decide what the are.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:46 PM
SL Member

I couldn't tell you what the dezod kit comes with, you can change that when you order the kit. Or depending on what was offered at the time injector sizes may change. Only way to know for sure is pull an injector and see if it has a SN, Manufacturer, modified injector clips, etc. Try to see how much information you have on that item. RC injectors came with some of their old setups too. If they are Deatschwerks they should have the SN on file, you can email Deatschwerks and see what they can help you with.

If you can spare the change go for full standalone. I'm upgrading to standalone within a month from an AEM FIC. I wish I would have spared the extra change for an AEM EMS. Something to consider is all.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:51 PM

yeah i thought of doin that but more than likely i will just have to buy a fuel system to be safe. so throwing it out there if n e one has a fuel system. drop me a line cause i dont want to a tuner and have to turn around and get a system. so keep me in mind people who have such things for sale.

Still no ideas of a good tuner in my area within a 4-6 hour range of east TN. thanks
Old 09-25-2011, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sent you pm