Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

used SC

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: used SC

Originally Posted by Robs_tc

Talked with Bob over at TRD and since the new blower hasn't been asigned a vin number yet (never installed), it will carry a new warranty. Straight from the source, I wouldn't post such a responce with out support. Besides my friend who bought the kit off me has it in writting from the service manager at the dealership, even has a new warranty card.

I agree that no one should buy a used blower. You never know what kind of install it had on the previous car, could have stresses the bearing etc. But if you got it really cheep and kept your old ecu, in case you were supplied another, you could always go back to stock pretty easy.
If Bob told you that then then it would have to be true.

Now if you sell the S/C you would also have to send/swap the ECU in order for it to work with the new car. The flash software isn't available (as of right now) separately and from what I understand can only be used once.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Flash software can be used again, it says right in the manual if it does not take or somthing like that then to run the flash program again Have to dig the manual up to verify. Also if it was a one time shot they would not ask you to keep the chip in the car in case they need to re-program
Old 11-23-2006, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yah, I do have the old (reflashed) ECU with the s/c kit. It cost a ton for a new one. It's still shocking that no one wanted this kit. I'm happy I pulled the kit off my car with the arrival of the new blower, I don't want to even think about the resale value of the kit would be with a used blower.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member

i feel all of ya,...im confuse of going turbo or supercharger...i live in georgia and looking for the best installation...got money and stuff but dont want my motor to blow up...what should i do
Old 02-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Holy thread revival Batman!!

Turbo guys are going to say go turbo and S/C guys will say go S/C. It really up to you. If you want something you can mod then get the turbo. If you want some extra HP to play with and don't want all the major headaches that boosted cars have then go S/C.

Any guy or girl with a turbo car will tell you it's constant maintenance. So if you're not mechanically inclined then it may not be the way for you to go.

Just my $.02