Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Video: Ptuning Turbo tC at Redline TimeAttack, Summit Point

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Video: Ptuning Turbo tC at Redline TimeAttack, Summit Point

The link below is a video taking by James Elterman driving the Nukabe/Cusco sponsored ShimmySideways Subaru Sti at the Redline TimeAttack, Summit Points, WV on Sept. 30, 2007. James is chasing down our turbo tC piloted by the capable hands of seasoned driver Ross Miller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPE8W27lRv0

Below is a video of the tc flying underneath the bridge at Summit Point Sheanoah circuit:
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/pt...a-jet/72136446

Enjoy,
MrC

Old 10-24-2007, 04:48 AM
SL Member

that s$%$ was hot. like watching grantrismo!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:25 AM
SL Member

ha the second vid was sick
Old 10-24-2007, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THAT WAS DOPE!
the tC really pulled away in that straight, after he hit the dirt!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That was just awesome. This is so much better than drag racing
Old 10-24-2007, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Looks like he was waving bye bye to the STI....haha
Old 10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Mike that really did sound like a jet
next time I come over let me drive it
Old 10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

the Body kit isn't my cup of tea, but the race looked fun as heck.
so what were the end results of the race? how'd the tC fair in the ranks? is the tC boosted?

best of luck to you guys.
Comp.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

nice!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Complication
the Body kit isn't my cup of tea, but the race looked fun as heck.
so what were the end results of the race? how'd the tC fair in the ranks? is the tC boosted?

best of luck to you guys.
Comp.
Yes, the car is boosted. We came in 1st place for FWD Modified. It was an amazing feat, considering we only had 3 days to transformed a show car into a race car. Here's some links to the result:

http://www.ptuning.com/html/redline_timeattack.cfm

Here's a nice writeup on the car event:

http://www.capitaldrivingclub.com/blog

Here's more pictures of the car:

http://www.myspace.com/ptuning

In order to defend our title for next year, the ptuning tC is getting a major over haul for next year. Expect to see a lot of new performance goodies from us for the tC. Everything from competition motor, 3" racing turboback exhaust, racing turbo kits, -8an return-fuel system, fuel surge tank, aero parts to suspension components.

MrC

Old 10-24-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^ Sounds good!! I will definetly be joining you guys next year
Old 10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

are you guys going to any more events thru out the year ??
Old 10-24-2007, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by kanundrum
are you guys going to any more events thru out the year ??
We may be going to the Lustine Scion event in Nov. As far as racing goes, probably not until next year. We're hoping to have the car developed through the winter and be ready for the Redline TimeAttack event next year on the east coast, i.e. Summit Point, VIR and maybe Atlanta Motor Speedway, Autodrome St-Eustache, BeaveRun, Mid Ohio Sports Car Course--if time and funding permits.

MrC

Old 10-24-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

wow gotcha! lucky!!!! lol
Old 10-24-2007, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice vids... shows the true potential of the tc!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

What class does this car compete in? Where you at Nationals in OH? I don't recall seeing you there.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
What class does this car compete in? Where you at Nationals in OH? I don't recall seeing you there.
You're thinking of the NASA timetrials, which is something completely different. The timetrial we're running is organized by the Redline TimeAttack (www.redlinetimeattack.com), it's geared towards tuner shops (just like the JDM timeattacks). The classes are stock, modify, and unlimited, broken down further into FWD, RWD, AWD. Chris Rado runs the Unlimited FWD class. We compete in the Modified FWD class.

The thing that makes this interesting for us is that unlike most SCCA or NASA events, the rules are not very restrictive, so it gives shops like yourself and us, the opportunity to experiment with different modifications without being put into a different class everytime you make a small modifications. It's not to say that they don't have rules, but the rules allow alot of modifcations and the class restrictions are based primarily on tire compound, i.e. unlimited cars can run DOT slicks like hosiers or kuhmo V710 (UTQG <=50), modified >50<140, and stock >=140). This tire classification works great for now--It's useless running a FWD car with 500whp on street tires, you're not going to go anywhere, at least not on a road course.

I spoked to Nikolas (one of the founder of Redline Timeattack) at length about the event and we both agree that as long as we can keep it a tuner-shop only event, the event will attract a lot of tuner shops. The day that Ford Corp. enters a factory car, or a motorsports racing team, or GM enters another $300,000 cobalt that uses "of the shelf" performance parts (yeah right), that's the day, we'll stop running the event.

MrC

Old 10-24-2007, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

if only they made it a little cheaper for us to go to the events, cars are already taking a beating out on the track >_< ah well
Old 10-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
Originally Posted by paul_dezod
You're thinking of the NASA timetrials, which is something completely different. The timetrial we're running is organized by the Redline TimeAttack (www.redlinetimeattack.com), it's geared towards tuner shops (just like the JDM timeattacks). The classes are stock, modify, and unlimited, broken down further into FWD, RWD, AWD. Chris Rado runs the Unlimited FWD class. We compete in the Modified FWD class.

The thing that makes this interesting for us is that unlike most SCCA or NASA events, the rules are not very restrictive, so it gives shops like yourself and us, the opportunity to experiment with different modifications without being put into a different class everytime you make a small modifications. It's not to say that they don't have rules, but the rules allow alot of modifcations and the class restrictions are based primarily on tire compound, i.e. unlimited cars can run DOT slicks like hosiers or kuhmo V710 (UTQG <=50), modified >50<140, and stock >=140). This tire classification works great for now--It's useless running a FWD car with 500whp on street tires, you're not going to go anywhere, at least not on a road course.

I spoked to Nikolas (one of the founder of Redline Timeattack) at length about the event and we both agree that as long as we can keep it a tuner-shop only event, the event will attract a lot of tuner shops. The day that Ford Corp. enters a factory car, or a motorsports racing team, or GM enters another $300,000 cobalt that uses "of the shelf" performance parts (yeah right), that's the day, we'll stop running the event.

MrC
Ahhh interesting. Yeah our sponsored race team with Dan Gardner competes in NASA PTE & TTE classes and took 2nd at Mid-Ohio Nationals.

Edit: 2007 N/A tC reving to 7500 RPMS
Old 10-24-2007, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm confused about the tuner-shop only designation. I'm assuming it is meant to keep large budget corporate-sponsored vehicles out for a level playing field. I did notice Justin was running the xA. Do you need a shop to sponsor a vehicle in order to race or is it open to independants as well?

Quick Reply: Video: Ptuning Turbo tC at Redline TimeAttack, Summit Point