Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

vs Modded CRX

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by brett561tc
And you know very well a select few would make snide remarks if I were to post times without running on slicks.
awwwww please dont be so sensitive travis. besides. i'd probably make snide remarks even if you did run on slicks.

Thus is true. But I got you covered. You give me hell for not running yet because of my "no slicks, no track" policy. You would give me hell if I ran without slicks and posted some snotty time. I would rather just take the hell part for making you wait....lol.
So why not just do a run with slicks, and a run without slicks. That way you can pretty much tell everyone to STFU .
Old 08-18-2008, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Okay? None of this has anything to do with the fact that you brag about street racing. All this is doing, is making you fail even harder. Not only did you just tell me that you do go race, but you're telling me that you're bringing the race back to the street. The track is for racing, the street is for driving. I think it's time you learned that.

I brag? Where are you getting that from? This was my friend. He has a tC too. He wanted to race, we raced, I got it on video, and posted. I'm not understanding how you figure I'm bragging. It was an exhibition between two friends.

A car is technically to get you from point A to point B too, but that don't stop anyone from adding turbo's, bucket seats, tint, rims....etc. You fail harder.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
i hava to agree with carbon on this. travis you put other people in danger when you race on the street, i really hope you dont hurt anyone or kill anyone becouse you have too big of an ego and feel you have something to prove. I cant lie i think at some point in life we have all done it but id like to think most of use have grown out of it or atleast dont glorify it like you do. again i say keep it on the track and out of the street.

Like who? There isn't anyone even in the video but me and him, which is 95% of the ones I make.

Again, a simple exhibition between two friends. You know, I didn't create street racing...
Old 08-18-2008, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
And you know very well a select few would make snide remarks if I were to post times without running on slicks.
awwwww please dont be so sensitive travis. besides. i'd probably make snide remarks even if you did run on slicks.

Thus is true. But I got you covered. You give me hell for not running yet because of my "no slicks, no track" policy. You would give me hell if I ran without slicks and posted some snotty time. I would rather just take the hell part for making you wait....lol.
So why not just do a run with slicks, and a run without slicks. That way you can pretty much tell everyone to be quiet .

One small thing....still need slicks to do even that.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Okay? None of this has anything to do with the fact that you brag about street racing. All this is doing, is making you fail even harder. Not only did you just tell me that you do go race, but you're telling me that you're bringing the race back to the street. The track is for racing, the street is for driving. I think it's time you learned that.

I brag? Where are you getting that from? This was my friend. He has a tC too. He wanted to race, we raced, I got it on video, and posted. I'm not understanding how you figure I'm bragging. It was an exhibition between two friends.

A car is technically to get you from point A to point B too, but that don't stop anyone from adding turbo's, bucket seats, tint, rims....etc. You fail harder.
The general public doesn't give a ____ who you beat on the road from a roll. No one is asking or forcing you to make these threads. By you coming in here and making these kill threads, you're bragging. You're basically saying "OMFG LOOK EVERYONE I CAN BEAT A CHIPPED CIVIX".

What does modding have to do with street racing? Nothing. You fail for trying to find an easy way to defend street racing.

Also, I can't believe you're actually defending street racing. When you get past the mentality of a 15 year old who just watched Tokyo Drift, you'll realize how stupid it is.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

I have some tolerance in a SHORT race from a roll on the highway without traffic as long as safety will be first rather than taking the kills in fact driving hard like boosting on the highway basically has same safety concern .. what ____es me off is when cars racing are on the traffic or populated areas and they start cutting on cars just to get ahead.. we with boosted cars once in awhile drive or hit some boost on the streets and go beyond speed limits and we share same concern on safety as those racing but racing involves competition & ego which pretty much leads to recklessness so its not very much recommended
Old 08-18-2008, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The general public doesn't give a poop who you beat on the road from a roll. No one is asking or forcing you to make these threads. By you coming in here and making these kill threads, you're bragging. You're basically saying "OMFG LOOK EVERYONE I CAN BEAT A CHIPPED CIVIX".

What does modding have to do with street racing? Nothing. You fail for trying to find an easy way to defend street racing.

Also, I can't believe you're actually defending street racing. When you get past the mentality of a 15 year old who just watched Tokyo Drift, you'll realize how stupid it is.

I'm sorry, did you watch the whole video, or stop it the minute you saw it was on the street?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
I have some tolerance in a SHORT race from a roll on the highway without traffic as long as safety will be first rather than taking the kills in fact driving hard like boosting on the highway basically has same safety concern .. what ____es me off is when cars racing are on the traffic or populated areas and they start cutting on cars just to get ahead.. we with boosted cars once in awhile drive or hit some boost on the streets and go beyond speed limits and we share same concern on safety as those racing but racing involves competition & ego which pretty much leads to recklessness so its not very much recommended

That's what this video is. No one said I recommended people to do it, so not seeing the point that I was bragging. It's an exhibition again, between two friends.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ not talking bout you anybody specific, im just saying that some people say things about street racing but dont realize that driving hard on the street is pretty much the same thing
Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i hava to agree with carbon on this. travis you put other people in danger when you race on the street, i really hope you dont hurt anyone or kill anyone becouse you have too big of an ego and feel you have something to prove. I cant lie i think at some point in life we have all done it but id like to think most of use have grown out of it or atleast dont glorify it like you do. again i say keep it on the track and out of the street.

Like who? There isn't anyone even in the video but me and him, which is 95% of the ones I make.

Again, a simple exhibition between two friends. You know, I didn't create street
racing...
grow up travis,

my cousine said the same thing until he hit some one, and still he said he never seen them.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Again, a simple exhibition between two friends. You know, I didn't create street
racing...
grow up travis,

my cousine said the same thing until he hit some one, and still he said he never seen them.

Hit someone....did you watch the video? Does it look like there is any possibility of traffic entering an intersection?

Can't please everyone, so your entitled to your opinion.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
^^ not talking bout you anybody specific, im just saying that some people say things about street racing but dont realize that driving hard on the street is pretty much the same thing

IC. Kinda like comparing the video on Brake boosting, and this one. They are one in the same, but server 2 different purposes.