Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Warenteed Power

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Warenteed Power

I have an '06 tC with Auto Trans. and i want to be faster then stock, but stay within the my warentee (the whole reason i went with buying a brand new car). the obvious choice is the TRD S/C kit (with Auto Fit kit, of course) but what else can i do to bring out the full potential of the 2.4L power house.

what kind of WHP should i or could i expect with just the S/C

Any one with Auto Trans S/C Dyno Charts?

Please help me out
Old 10-24-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

175-180whp.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If you want full potential of the 2.4L then you should forget about warranty.

If you just want some bump in power then just S/C and enjoy if you want more as I said before forget about warranty and add pulleys, header, full catback, custom cai and if you want to go far some n2o should help.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want more power with warranty, go supercharger like i did. You should be 165+whp with just the supercharger.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have auto with s/c and trd exhuast
Old 10-25-2006, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks everyone for your input.

what about the the TRD high flow Air filter? do you guys think that that will accually help at all or is it just a waste of money?

does anyone know what kind of power comes out of the TRD Exhaust alone?
Old 10-25-2006, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no power for the exaust or air filter.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really?? absolutly nothing? or just next to nothing in power/torque.

any subsitutes that maybe i can sneek around the warrentee? exhaust alternative? any kind of intake (just something to hold me over a little bit until i get the S/C)
Old 10-28-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm pretty sure that you would be looking more towards the 180-190 Whp range with the S/C. Now with the ZPI Pulley (which apparently looks almost indentical to the stock one), you will be looking more towards the 210 Whp. Headers, Full exhaust, Crank pulley, and other bolt ons will net you more, but at the expense of your warranty...
Old 10-29-2006, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by svrTc06
Really?? absolutly nothing? or just next to nothing in power/torque.

any subsitutes that maybe i can sneek around the warrentee? exhaust alternative? any kind of intake (just something to hold me over a little bit until i get the S/C)
hey, i am in the same boat you are... what i have already done to work with the blower is add the MMW headers, midpipe, a 2.5 inche midpipe, and whatever aftermarket exhaust you like the sound of (i picked magnaflow). what all this does is expand the restrictive pressure cuased by the stock exhaust. In any forced induction setup, just adding a axle-back does jack diddly... you need to keeped that air flowing out of your car quickly so it does restrict your vehicle! you need to replace that s-pipe! 2.5 is the best bet around supercharger systems, go 3 if you decide to go turbo... just letting you know that your car will be much louder whaen you take out the stock components. i have 2 resonaters in my car to stop that rasp!

p.s. headers and exhaust will NOT void your warrenty! ugh... shame on you dealers for trying to convince us that the law is on your side, and that adding aftermarket parts automatically VOIDS everything! read the magnusen moss act guys!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...338&highlight=

read it over... you will realize that adding parts starts a fight with your dealer if they are ******, but we tuners have rights too!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually in the TRD Warantee it has a statement that basically makes the magnusen moss act completely usesless. I can not remember what it exactly said but you need to be aware that the magnusen moss act only helps people if their warantees did not already have special conditions. So you must READ the warantee before you can say anything about it.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

so what exactly is this clause? i do not see how any add on (official or not) could null in void a federal LAW... can u post it, cuz something is fishy there...

say my engine block fails... my dealership blames that it is the fualt of the forced induction system. that is fine. but toyota makes the forced induction system! so then my dealership is going to say that it is the fault of the f/i system, and that the header caused the blower to fail? i would not mind starting that fight! even if it is true, toyota would be using it as a scare tactic... you could still drag the dealer into a suit. The magnuson moss act is federal law, and in court will take precednet over whatever trd says... sorry
Old 10-31-2006, 08:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you even read the magnusen moss act?? Read that first before you start making assumptions about knowing what federal law is. Sorry, not trying to pick on you but I just do not like it when people do not educate themselves before assuming knowledge .
Old 10-31-2006, 08:47 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by OuterHeaven
Have you even read the magnusen moss act??
we have it here:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55338

and it's warranty
Old 10-31-2006, 09:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For reference here is one example of what I am talking about. This is after all the definitions but towards the top.

...Section 2302. Rules governing contents of warranties

(a) Full and conspicuous disclosure of terms and conditions; additional requirements for contents In order to improve the adequacy of information available to consumers, prevent deception, and improve competition in the marketing of consumer products, any warrantor warranting a consumer product to a consumer by means of a written warranty shall, to the extent required by rules of the Commission, fully and conspicuously disclose in simple and readily understood language the terms and conditions of such warranty. Such rules may require inclusion in the written warranty of any of the following items among others:

(1) The clear identification of the names and addresses of the warrantors.

(2) The identity of the party or parties to whom the warranty is extended.

(3) The products or parts covered.

(4) A statement of what the warrantor will do in the event of a defect, malfunction, or failure to conform with such written warranty - at whose expense - and for what period of time.

(5) A statement of what the consumer must do and expenses he must bear.

(6) Exceptions and exclusions from the terms of the warranty.

(7) The step-by-step procedure which the consumer should take in order to obtain performance of any obligation under the warranty, including the identification of any person or class of persons authorized to perform the obligations set forth in the warranty.

The whole act just says that basically a warrantee is a contract and must be followed upon just as it is written. So TRD can put any special conditions it wants.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

i have read it, its posted... as squall has pointed out... and i am a regular poster on that thread.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Honestly, it still all boils down to the dealer service manager. They can blame any problem on any part of your car and get away with it, since you'd have to sue them to repair or replace it. Some dealers are level-headed and know that an aftermarket part couldn't have possibly caused the problem. Other dealers won't want to deal with it because they have far more costly (read: profitable) repairs to work on without having to deal with the hassle of warranty paperwork and Toyota corporate.

So basically, forget the law, it's not on your side unless you have the time and money to sue... and you aren't likely to do that over a $3000 motor swap when a lawyer's retainer will cost more than that, not including his hourly fee - not to mention how long it will take for your case to be seen in court.

If you care about your warranty, use ONLY toyota/trd/scion approved parts, and have the dealer install them if you need to be perfectly safe. If you feel a risk is worth taking, by all means do it, just understand the risk involved.

I personally kicked my warranty to the curb, and no Toyota/Scion service department will ever see my car again - but should things blow up, I have the cash reserves to swap a motor. If you don't, then don't risk it.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

yes... true, but also take into account the perspective of the other side. if you (scion owner) are well educated in your legal rights, you can clearly state your case to the service manager. just in case he decideds he wants to fight over a sub-$3000 fix, the threat of a open-and-shut legal battle should persuade him to think not only of being level-headed, but self-preservationist as well...

the truth is neither side wants to be dragged to court, so I just want everyone to be educated and know it is a card in your deck, and play as you wish...

all i want is for people to stop making blanket statements like "adding a intake voids your warrenty"
Old 10-31-2006, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SkaTG2k3
yes... true, but also take into account the perspective of the other side. if you (scion owner) are well educated in your legal rights, you can clearly state your case to the service manager. just in case he decideds he wants to fight over a sub-$3000 fix, the threat of a open-and-shut legal battle should persuade him to think not only of being level-headed, but self-preservationist as well...

the truth is neither side wants to be dragged to court, so I just want everyone to be educated and know it is a card in your deck, and play as you wish...

all i want is for people to stop making blanket statements like "adding a intake voids your warrenty"
That's the thing... a service manager knows it takes money to hire an attorney to fight him on his call, and he will have toyota on his side, complete with expert witnesses.

Yes, the statement "adding an intake voids your warranty" is only partly true. A more correct statement is, "A dealer may decline warranty service if you add an intake."

Again, it varies by the service manager. If they're rational, and your problem is something that is obviously not caused by an intake, they'll cover it. But if the service manager is a ***** (and many are), they'll blame your intake and take their chances on you suing (since the likelyhood is near zero).
Old 10-31-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone know what type of track times a stock supercharged automatic tC will run?

Quick Reply: Warenteed Power