Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Warenteed Power

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

i think this discussion is created by the fact that so many service managers are ******... i had my vac line pop off during driving. my a/f got so messed up my car stopped working and would not start. it got towed to the dealer (scion of morristown) and they tried to charge me 107 dollars when my service was only 2 wekks earlier. they blamed my intake. they said it was aftermarket and that they were not responisble. Since I knew my rights, I was able to make them realize while they are not liable for aftermarket product failure, they were still responisble for full funtionality of the car (which includes making sure all conections are secure).

I disagree with thinking that toyota will always be on the side of th dealership. 9 times out of 10, the franchisor sides with the final consumer, as they tend to bring home the bacon. toyota has too much to lose in a lawsuit. the money for a legal battle (trial lawyers and expert witnesses are not on constant payroll) plus bad publicity in the public eye. when our cars had a small recall, toyota sent us all jada toys to boost pr. I worked as an intern for a legal analyst for Best Buy corp, and the large company usually will find the sub $3000 fix small time and tell the franchisee to stop wasting resources and to satisfy the customer. nobody wants to get sued... sure i dont want to do it, but it sure does scare somebody into doing the right thing!

that is y i guess i am a bit strong when i say "SUE SUE SUE." what would suggest that a distressed customer should do is call toyota customer support and bring the issue to them with any problems you have with your dealership. give the mother company the oppurtunity to solve the problem before you drop the big bomb. I do not think toyota wants the image of "all our service managers are ******."
Old 11-06-2006, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default CAI

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF BY GETTING AN INJEN CAI ON A 06 TC , IF THAT WOULD VOID OUT THE WARRANTY?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

no, some dealerships actually offer it in the showroom
Old 11-07-2006, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really?? what about the TRD CAI? evan tho it not CARB approved, will they give you any kind of crap for having it on there??
Old 11-07-2006, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

honestly, any cold air intake will not void your warrenty, except for the fact that the dealership is not liable for the replacement of the new part due to failure (aka ur intake breaks).

warrenty is about them refusing to fix your car for free. If your engine fails, they really are not going to give you problems because you had a cold air intake. If they do, you probably already know your dealerships service manager is a dick. We really need to stop having arguements and debates on which parts void an entire cars warrenty. Read up on the sticky about "the truth about voiding your warrenty" and you can be prepared with your rights, so you can work out with your dealer what is covered.