Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Watch out boys....340WHP at 10 PSI Omifab turbo kit results!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Incredible. :D
Old 03-20-2007, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are many reasons I'm making so much power. The ECU is the reason that it is so reliable. Also that turbo is better matched than others I've seen. The intercooler is far larger than the turbonetics (which is tiny). And lastly that manifold....it speaks for itself.

I wouldn't be surprized to make 375+ on 93 octane. EVERYTHING is stock on the motor! I do have another motor being built as well as a new intake manifold. Just wait til you see the results on that one! phew!!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:31 AM

Hey. I need your help lol. Im going from a 327 whp turbo Talon to a tC. After totaling my car I wanted a new car. I eat, crap, and dream performance lol. I was looking into building a tC to the 300+ whp range reliably because its going to be my dd as well as my weekend warrior. Is it really that reliable? Was your manifold custom made or ordered? Also, wheres the shop where you got your ecu reflashed and tuned? I live in Dearborn, MI like 20 minutes away from Novi so I guess I really lucked out on finding someone who accomplished something I wanted to do so close lol. Thanks in advance.

PS: What clutch are you going to go with to hold all that power? Is it slipping terribly? Thanks.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by turbo27
Hey. I need your help lol. Im going from a 327 whp turbo Talon to a tC. After totaling my car I wanted a new car. I eat, crap, and dream performance lol. I was looking into building a tC to the 300+ whp range reliably because its going to be my dd as well as my weekend warrior. Is it really that reliable? Was your manifold custom made or ordered? Also, wheres the shop where you got your ecu reflashed and tuned? I live in Dearborn, MI like 20 minutes away from Novi so I guess I really lucked out on finding someone who accomplished something I wanted to do so close lol. Thanks in advance.

PS: What clutch are you going to go with to hold all that power? Is it slipping terribly? Thanks.

I think between Mildmod and me we can help you out. I'm in Novi as well and been boosted for almost a year without any issues.

That manifold was made by Tuning Factory. From what I'm told Tuning Factory is going to release a kit, dont know when. But I would think it would be something like this kit.

As far as reliability, Its very possible to run a safe DD. Ive been doing as well as alot of others. I currently run a Turbonetics kit.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the clutch was a-ok until we tried putting the boost up to 11 PSI. Seemed fine on the way home though at 10 PSI. Wow is this thing fast! turbo27 you may want to talk to Tuning Factory about the setup and about pricing. My manifold is a production piece and readily available. it will only work with the Omifab turbo, wastegate and downpipe pieces and I would never recommend running this much power without the Hydra ECU. I do know that everything was tuned extremely conservatively and that there is a lot more power in there but for now it is plenty for me.
As for the clutch, Tuning factory is working with competition clutch on a solution for me. Can't wait to see what they come up with.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello all. This is Dan from Tuning Factory and yes indeed we did build the prototype on this kit but it is being labelled under the Omifab name as there are others involved in making it. I am doing all the base map tuning for the Hydra Tc ECU's that will be shipping out and we are the official Hydra Nemesis ECU Tuning Facility for Michigan. It is an inmensely powerful tuning device that allows us to do some great things. Of course it eliminates the MAF which is how we are able to run a 4 inch intake on this kit as well as a full atmospheric BOV. Secondly we are using a decently sized Garrett GT turbo that works well for this size motor. We found most other kits use turbos that are far too small on the turbine side to work properly at anything over 7-8 PSI. We found high EGT's terrible efficiencies and many other problems with those other kits on the market so we went in a different direction. Obviously it has worked much better than most. Next the manifold. It is a completely unique design and we went to great pains to keep the runners equal length. It was tough since we couldn't go to a top mount manifold (due to the damn radiator hose being in the way of the intake). The top mount manifolds on the market gets around this by using a 3 inch intake but that will not work on the larger turbo we are using. A 4 inch intake is a necessity to make sure we have both adequate intake volume as well as to eliminate compressor surge. We went to a bottmo mount deign and actually had to make new radiator mounts to move it forward away from the turbo compressor. It is a pretty large turbo with a GT40 75 lb comperessor wheel. It uses a stainless housing to minimize lag and increase efficiency compared to the iron housings all other kits use.
The injectors are not just any kind of injectors but rather brand new Denso made PE units to assure adequate fuel supply. We are using the stock fuel pump at this power level amzingly. No problems. If we need to we have a new Fuellab/Perrin fuel setup in the works as well but we want to test the limits of stock setup first.
We are using a full 3 inch exhaust although the one you see on this car is a prototype. Production ones will also be a full 3 inch stainless cat back's which will also be released soon. Not sure on the s pipe yet. We may include it in the kit to minimize problems with other cat back exhausts and to assure that it is full 3 inch up to that point. The wastegate is vented back into the downpipe and is very quiet.
The intake manifold is terrible for boost but at least it has a dual stage design. We are working with a manufacturer to come up with a nice full aluminum short runner high flow design. If anyone wonders no it will not be $500 or something that inexpensive but for those who want more top end power it will work fantastic.
Lastly the clutch. Yep this is a tough issue. not being happy with the units on the market and not wanting to use a custom Tilton setup since that is beyond the reach of most consumers we are working with Competitiion Clutch on an affordable solution. We are hoping they can come up with a solution for us that will be drivable yet be able to handle the rigors of the drag strip where this car will be going from time to time.
As for the internal stuff we have planned for others in the near future stay tuned. We have some VERY cool stuff available shortly.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sign me up. haha
Old 03-20-2007, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NICE!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Old 03-20-2007, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

watching NICE...
Old 03-20-2007, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

go fast girl...
Old 03-20-2007, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice pixs, nice numbers, nice car.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thats some big piping for the intake haha
Old 03-20-2007, 03:02 PM

Yea Im definetly interested in your tuning now Dan, you really seem to know what your doing. For now I was thinking of just getting it up to 300hp with a MHI 16G as my experiences with those turbos were amazing. That GT40, Im worried about the lag as Id rather have more power in lower power band instead of most of it being up top. But when boosted it probably pulls like a mother . Did you guys try using a 16G or any MHI turbo with your setup for the GT40? How bad is the lag for the GT40? Oh and Dan, what did you mean by you would have to use a Omnifab turbo with the manifold? Do you just mean the flangs are different?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes the flanges are different. It is a stainless housing turbo so everything is pretty different although the internals are all Garrett. Actually the turbo spools up wickedly quick. I have full boost by 3750 RPM which is pretty quick for a turbo of that size. It feels incredible on the street with no feeling of lag at all. I have no plans on doing anything with the 16G although the manifold WILL fit a 16G turbo also but the rest of the part needed to run it you're on your own unless you want me to custom make you something. As for the kit we designed it for a built motor. There are a LOT of kits if you want a generic smaller turbo setup. There are none that offer enough size to be able to support the big numbers and obviously the Tc likes a lrger frame turbo to really come alive.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Guru
Yes the flanges are different. It is a stainless housing turbo so everything is pretty different although the internals are all Garrett. Actually the turbo spools up wickedly quick. I have full boost by 3750 RPM which is pretty quick for a turbo of that size. It feels incredible on the street with no feeling of lag at all. I have no plans on doing anything with the 16G although the manifold WILL fit a 16G turbo also but the rest of the part needed to run it you're on your own unless you want me to custom make you something. As for the kit we designed it for a built motor. There are a LOT of kits if you want a generic smaller turbo setup. There are none that offer enough size to be able to support the big numbers and obviously the Tc likes a lrger frame turbo to really come alive.

Big numbers, but I think where he is coming from is along the lines of using a 16G and hitting full boost by 2600-3k RPM's vs. bigger HP and not hitting full boost till 3750 RPM like you mentioned.

So, You said the Manifold with fit the 16G though. I'm really diggin it. How much? The only other option for an Equal length mani is from Full RACE, and it's roughly $1500 bucks for that one. I would go that route, but I wouldn't buy it unless I'm running something like a GT32R. But if your manifold is relatively easy on the wallet, I will see about getting this one. It's sweet looking by the way.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Manifold alone is probably around the $1000 range or so. Haven't really priced it out alone since it wasn't designed to be sold as a one off unit.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^you said this kit on this particular car is designed for built Engines? What differences will there be if you guys decided to start a production kit? Smaller turbo? Different manifold? Different Intake size?
Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

What would be th cost of the full kit??

Props 2 MildModtc, I'm sure it looks sweet but the pics
didn't post up for me (dang govt comps, i'll try at home).

Chics representin
Old 03-20-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Good job!

Quick Reply: Watch out boys....340WHP at 10 PSI Omifab turbo kit results!