Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Watch out boys....340WHP at 10 PSI Omifab turbo kit results!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ahh, i just want 300 WHP, lol
Old 03-20-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahh, i just want 300 WHP, lol
That's how it always starts....
Old 03-20-2007, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Guru, any plans on offering built motors too? I'm at a point where it's sell the tc and get something different or hold on to it, build it, and buy a second car. I like the price of the full turbo, ecu, exhaust setup you're offering and would be interested in a built motor too.

It's nice to see more companies getting into the market.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes actually we are. We are working with Manley to offer some very nice and much more affordable rods than the ridiculously pricey Carillo rods. They JUST released their valvetrain and valves and of course we are working with Brian Crower on the cams for both NA and turbo applications. Wiseco is making our Tc pistons for us and they are wonderful as always. We already have A1 fasteners just about ready and ERL has finished testing their sleeving process so I'd say we are looking good. We also will have stroker and big bore engines available to get you to 2.6 liters and possibly more.
As for the 16G, I have yet to see a dyno chart with a Tc making 300 WHP at 10 PSI out of one of those. As for reliability that is up to you but I am not going to risk all that R and D time to come up with the same thing that is already available. You folks now have a choice. Is it everyone's choice? No probably not, but it at least offers a nice alternative to those who are just not satisfied with 300 WHP and ultimately that is what you want. Why a person who wants a 16G even cares what kind of power we make is beyond me. He has made his choice and he should purchase a 16G kit. If that is what will make him happy so be it. This is a completely different kit for guys who want big numbers now and even bigger numbers later after a motor build. I did NOT design this kit to compete with a less expensive 16G kit. It should not be compared but as for a race I'd be happy to put this kit up against a 16G Tc anyday. Any takers?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Guru
Yes actually we are. We are working with Manley to offer some very nice and much more affordable rods than the ridiculously pricey Carillo rods. They JUST released their valvetrain and valves and of course we are working with Brian Crower on the cams for both NA and turbo applications. Wiseco is making our Tc pistons for us and they are wonderful as always. We already have A1 fasteners just about ready and ERL has finished testing their sleeving process so I'd say we are looking good. We also will have stroker and big bore engines available to get you to 2.6 liters and possibly more.
As for the 16G, I have yet to see a dyno chart with a Tc making 300 WHP at 10 PSI out of one of those. As for reliability that is up to you but I am not going to risk all that R and D time to come up with the same thing that is already available. You folks now have a choice. Is it everyone's choice? No probably not, but it at least offers a nice alternative to those who are just not satisfied with 300 WHP and ultimately that is what you want. Why a person who wants a 16G even cares what kind of power we make is beyond me. He has made his choice and he should purchase a 16G kit. If that is what will make him happy so be it. This is a completely different kit for guys who want big numbers now and even bigger numbers later after a motor build. I did NOT design this kit to compete with a less expensive 16G kit. It should not be compared but as for a race I'd be happy to put this kit up against a 16G Tc anyday. Any takers?
i like where this is going, any 16G's out there ?

i want to see a race darnit !!! hehehe
Old 03-21-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like your attitude towards that. I completely agree. Your are making me think about selling my 18g Greddy kit. Honestly.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by zer0
I like your attitude towards that. I completely agree. Your are making me think about selling my 18g Greddy kit. Honestly.

Amen to that. Well put Dan!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:50 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Yes actually we are. We are working with Manley to offer some very nice and much more affordable rods than the ridiculously pricey Carillo rods. They JUST released their valvetrain and valves and of course we are working with Brian Crower on the cams for both NA and turbo applications.
Great news on the Manley rods.

Let's hope Brian Crower comes with more to the plate than his S2K cam fiasco. I will not even post the S2K info on that.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Ditto.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a tc with a 16g kit i would take you up on your kit on a tc vs. my car with a 16g LOL but if you really wanna do this it's on DOT tires for shyts and giggles......
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Don't get me wrong, I think this kit looks awesome. It's just a matter of personal preference. Me personally would be:

Stock Motor (Daily Driven)
Fast Spooling
300+whp
Around 10-12 PSI
12 sec 1/4mile

Built Motor (Driven sometimes)
Slower spool (but made up for More HP)
Around 20 PSI
10 sec 1/4mile

The market for Built motors (or should I say the buying power) is rather slow because of the majority of the tC's looking for turbo's are owned by teens who can't afford it.

As for 300+ whp on a 16G, it's not far fetched you know:

http://www.supload.com/vid_confirm.p...Dyno_Movie.wmv

At 14lbs it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that it's pushing well over 300hp..

When we go built (which we will do as well), you will find a GT Series turbo under the hood too. But for a built motor, not for a stock one. Big turbo to me needs to run Big boost. I would not feel comfortable running Big boost on a stock motor. And Low boost on a Big turbo with a long spool time is not my preference either.

PS...You guys do know about the Scion Shootout right?

http://www.scionshootout.com/

You should make it, so we can put it to the test. I'll be there most definitely. I love to race, so matched HP for HP, I'll put the 16G up against the GT turbo, and see what we can make of it as for a stock motor Street/Strip setup. Win or Loose, I love racing.. Run 10lbs on it (non built motor), and I'll run 12lbs (non built motor) to match HP wise. We can also get some highway runs in as well. Should be fun..

Hope you guys can make it out. Last year was fun, this year will be even better because of all the turbo cars now. I'm sure a Dyno will be setup as well.
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet kit by the way
Old 03-21-2007, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

4 inch is huge!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the 16g will make 300whp on 10psi my car made 320whp on 11.5 psi and stock midpipe and stock motor and stock clutch so 10psi +16g+good tune on piggy back not standalone should = 300whp see what i'm saying
Old 03-21-2007, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ Yeah, like I said, it's not far fetched as one would think. It's advertised at 300whp @ 10 PSI to begin with. We match 300whp for 300whp, and I'll take that race anyday. Would be fun to do it at the Scion Shootout, so try to make it out there boys. We rent out the 1/4 track for a full day. Nothing but rubber laying...
Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hasn't he been saying this turbo was made for a built motor not stock? Why is everyone trying to race him on stock if that's not what the kit was made for?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL lay rubber and sheading tears HAHAHA
Old 03-21-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Hasn't he been saying this turbo was made for a built motor not stock? Why is everyone trying to race him on stock if that's not what the kit was made for?
Yeah he has, but he also was trying to appeal to both sides by iterrating that it has good spooling characteristics for a daily driven street car. We are only wishing to test those claims. No need to get hostile, it's all in the name of "advancing" the tC's turbo capabilities. If max boost @ 3750 is DOable and dosen't feel to groggy, then I would look into it myself. But the only way to get a sense of that, is to actually ride in it, cause on paper, I'm not feeling 3750 as necessarly a quick spooling turbo seeing as how I'm use to 2600 rpm boost. We are not picking, we want to see what it's got. Dyno #'s and Street performance doesn't necessarly go hand and hand.

We already know what it does for a Built Motor Full Race setup tC (10sec's and 140mph trap speeds). Seeing as how most of the boosted tC's are NOT looking for a Full Raced out setup, we would like to test, or for them to test out as a Street setup.

PS....he offered to race first by the way
Old 03-21-2007, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see these threads resort to bashing and hostility quite often. Kudos to those keeping these thread positive.

Some things I noticed. Guru is right in that you can NOT compare the kit to a base priced kit for half the price. Yes the base kits do not perform as well, and yes they cost HALF the price. He built this kit for a different crowd. I think it's up to the buyer to educate themselves on what turbo kit out there is good for their goals. Proper product and customer service research will help make that decision.

One underlying problem is the type of dyno here. Yes this car has posted the highest hp for the given psi on a stock tC motor but it was done on a Dynapack. A Mustang dyno, or a dyno-mite dyno that is load based will yeild lower numbers for the same car. Add different atmospheric and temperature conditions and you have some variables.

I'm not looking to bash anyone, especially you Guru. I'm just trying to clear some things up because it seems that some people here are missing things. I have a load based dyno showing 296whp and 302wtq on a B-housing Turbonetics turbo system. I'm not using an E housing F2 series turbo from Innovative that makes much more power than my old one, and makes 5psi at 2200rpms. I just want to distinguish that from other things out there. We do not make a "one kit fits all" product. We have a 500whp tC that goes public soon so that should help.

The other thing is stating that all other turbo kits use iron log manifolds. Granted it would be nice, a lot of companies do not have the leisure to make stamped manifolds. Everything I've seen on the market (excluding one) uses either hand-welded or robotically tig welded manifolds, both log and runner based. So please do not mislead the consumer on that aspect. I will admit that iron manifolds are more reliable than any welded log manifold, and it'd be nice to play along and go with it, but the right information needs to be presented at all times.

Anytime there's false information on the web (quite often mind you), confusion, questions, and "rants" break out. I'm trying to jump in before this get's a little sided here.

Guru, welcome to the Scion community. I look forward to having another company focused on the racing aspect of the tC rather than the show and braggin rights aspect. Please stick to that plan and I feel that companies like us will help develop products to a greater extent for the tuner community.

We too have used hyrda and like them. We're about done making the AEM stand-alone and it'd be great to share our experiences on what the outcomes have been.

Again, everyone, please keep to facts. Do not skew anything (on any side) and look forward to getting more parts and options for your car.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Good post Joe. I don't think anyone is bashing though, or being Hostile. We are debating. And debates create product awareness.

Quick Reply: Watch out boys....340WHP at 10 PSI Omifab turbo kit results!