Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Well guys, I ordered a Greddy Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member

well guys. I got my car back and turbo'd. Came back from my long extended vacation.. Any who, the turbo runs greats. Pulls hard in second and shifts very smoothly. So far no problems. Im getting the BOV HKS SSQV installed next week and a few other things. Ill have to find a place for me to dyno it. Ill let u all know how it all turns out. *pics on the way**
Old 06-29-2006, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by Mizle
im thinking about gettin this kit and letting titan motorsports install it and tune it for me . Just heard theres a lot of problems and stuff with it so im not sure if i should get this kit or not.
I was also think of having them install my kit. I just want to make sure the place I take it to knows tCs and or the greddy kits and titan knows the greddy and the tc (well, kinda the tc). What other problems have you heard with this kit besides that guys motor blowing?
Yea they know a **** load about those greddy kits haha. I figure though if it doesnt run to great i live literally 5 minutes away so i can take it to them whenever i need. the only other problems ive heard of though are just like starting issues, and the car not running perfectly. if i get this kit i want it to run like the car came turbo from the factory and im sure titan would be able to do that.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default .

my car will be getting delivered today with my nice new greddy kit on it
Old 06-29-2006, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

did u have it installed at a shop? if so let me know how everything runs and what not when u get it back
Old 06-29-2006, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: .

Originally Posted by noTCed
my car will be getting delivered today with my nice new greddy kit on it
Anything... Bueller Bueller Bueller Bueller. I think he's out having to much fun with his car.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^hahah yea he hasnt posted any response.....boost is addicting =P
Old 06-30-2006, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member

Sorry for the delay guys. I dont know how to post an article but its in the August issue of motor trend on p. 164 it says 260hp 0-60 in 5.7 the 1/4 in 14.2 @101.6. Also they said they have Nitto NT555 P225/40zR18 tires mountd on Rays G-games 77s 18x7.5. they said on the launch the nittos are squealing and they are in definate need of a limited slip
Old 06-30-2006, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member

no pics yet maybe next week. But whoever needs something done. I know a guy thats better than anyone else around this area even the performance shops. If ur interested let me know and ill give u his contact so u can sort it all out with him. Hes a loner.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonny
Sorry for the delay guys. I dont know how to post an article but its in the August issue of motor trend on p. 164 it says 260hp 0-60 in 5.7 the 1/4 in 14.2 @101.6. Also they said they have Nitto NT555 P225/40zR18 tires mountd on Rays G-games 77s 18x7.5. they said on the launch the nittos are squealing and they are in definate need of a limited slip
I bet with good track conditions and an ingalls stiffy it would drop below 14sec. Add an exhaust and spipe and now we're talking. I'll be happy running 13.5-13.7 without upping the boost. 8.5psi is the stock boost for the people who were about to ask... again.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default .

There have been some complications with my greddy install

apparently the 2005 and 2006 have different ecu wiring a fact which greddy has now been made aware.They are working on getting out a corrected diagram for the emanage but in the meantime i have a nice turbo'd car i cant drive because it has no feul management system
Old 07-01-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: .

Originally Posted by noTCed
There have been some complications with my greddy install

apparently the 2005 and 2006 have different ecu wiring a fact which greddy has now been made aware.They are working on getting out a corrected diagram for the emanage but in the meantime i have a nice turbo'd car i cant drive because it has no feul management system
I wonder if the PnP Harness would have helped?
Old 07-01-2006, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

know the feeling man im not to happy with greddy myself i blew my engine due to what i belive was a sucky map for the emanage or maybe a overboost due to the wastegate not being set properly i will no more soon when i get my new motor in the car and a street tune. did you install your kit yourself? if you did what did you think of the install i say the instructions are horrible compared to turbonetics and also the altenator heat shield has to be cut so not to hit the manifold. i was very disapointed in the greddy kit ive always recomended there products and have had a honda b and d series kit of there among other products but now i wish i had spent more on the turbonetics kit.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by cdp1279
know the feeling man im not to happy with greddy myself i blew my engine due to what i belive was a sucky map for the emanage or maybe a overboost due to the wastegate not being set properly i will no more soon when i get my new motor in the car and a street tune. did you install your kit yourself? if you did what did you think of the install i say the instructions are horrible compared to turbonetics and also the altenator heat shield has to be cut so not to hit the manifold. i was very disapointed in the greddy kit ive always recomended there products and have had a honda b and d series kit of there among other products but now i wish i had spent more on the turbonetics kit.
That sucks to hear. I'm trying to find the best place to install and tune mine so I hopefully don't have to deal with problems. Back at the top of my list is Titan Motorsports after I found that Dezod isn't doing installs yet.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default here are some pics before i took it out and blew engine

when i took it around my house if felt great in the fist 3 gears must have made 15 passes taking friends for rides. but the motor shot a rod right threw the bottom of the block in 4th gear on the highway at around 4.5-5k rpms i personnally think greddys map sucks and was the cause i know im not the only one who feels this way. if you get this kit get it tuned!!

Dont know if you can see it here but there is a one-way vacumfitting that is in the parts list as #47 but not in the instuctions as to where to place it i was told when i called greddy that it goes before the three way T-fit with the black side and arrow facing engine just incase this helps anyone.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Were these pics before or after the engine blew? If before do you have the new one in yet?

Anyone have numbers yet? noTCed hows yours coming?
Old 07-04-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where is your BOV?????
Old 07-04-2006, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I heard its best to wait a while to put a BOV on this kit so that the Emanage gets used to everything. Thats just what I heard, I dont know.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like somebody spilled some oil!

To those considering the Kit, yes, I always recommend our customers to get a shop to tune the ECU/Emanage, even thought it comes pretuned at 8.5 psi.

You know your car more than GReddy does, hopefully that goes for all of us here.

We've sold 6 of these kits, no known complaints regarding parts. We try our best to help you out, by email, phone, forum, or IM. Even I try to help when I am at home, liek now, haha.

The kit definetely bolts right up, comes without the BOV (We have BOV's and Flanges in stock). I myself am not sure about installing the BOV during the initial install or by waiting. In my opionion, either way is fine. just be sure to have it in by tuning time.

One customer got as much as 275 to the wheels with the kit, an exhaust, and some other parts. The largeer gains came from fine tuning by a good shop.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Where is your BOV?????
He didn't have it installed at the time of the engine blowing so I guess I answered one of my question.

"the motor shot a rod right threw the bottom of the block." Didn't the same thing happen on the silver zpi car during testing of a new kit? They knew the reason too. Wonder if it was the same reason?

As for not putting a BOV on here for a while , I don't know about that. I'm not claiming to know a lot about turbos (nothing much really) but I've read a lot of people that know their stuff and it can cause problems not having one. Even not having a good one. I've also read up on the HKS pull BOV and it seems to be a better design. I'll stick to having my HKS installed during the kit install.

cdp1279, and the others that have posted problems with the different issues... thanks for the info. I'm sure it will help others installs go smoother. Keep the info coming!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by PRacing_com
One customer got as much as 275 to the wheels with the kit, an exhaust, and some other parts. The largeer gains came from fine tuning by a good shop.
WOW! I'll be happy with that for a daily driver. At first and then the boost will have to be turned up once I start hitting the track more.

Quick Reply: Well guys, I ordered a Greddy Kit