Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Well guys, I ordered a Greddy Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cant argue with you there it does take a bit for the e-manage and ecu to smooth. Things like the idle out, but my partial throttle where the ecu was controlling everything out of boost my AEM UEGO read 14.7-14.8 all the time i belive thats perfect so the emanage was working to compinsate for the 440cc injectors. I am having a new engine put in and Act Clutch, HKS BOV and Greddy 52mm boost guage (will never make that mistake again no boost guage) also gonna try to get my car to turbotrixx in NJ for a dyno Tune will just have to keep it out of boost till then was hard to control myself before but learned my lesson now.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one more thing with the BOV the only damage not having one with cause is when you let off the gas the throttlebody slams shut leaving nowhere for the boost pressure in the pipes to go but back towards the turbo now your turbo spinds at very high Rpms this will eventually cause shaft play on the wheel but for a short time to make sure the kit was running right its not a big deal.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea TurboTrix or RIPPMODS would be a good place to tune. RIPP already has some tC tuning expierance under their belt. :D
Old 07-04-2006, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks fpr the advise i will look into ripp being that they are in staten island anyone have expericance with them comments are appreciated thanks
Old 07-08-2006, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

To those considering the Kit, yes, I always recommend our customers to get a shop to tune the ECU/Emanage, even thought it comes pretuned at 8.5 psi.

I would have to agree also my car is up and running again however it pretty much falls on its face around 4k rpm's but I'm headed to vacation so no tuning until i get back
Old 07-08-2006, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just got back from having my car dynotuned with this kit. it went very well.
the final numbers are 240whp and 240 torque. i will post the dynosheet later when i have a chance to scan it and post it.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tCrew_R
the final numbers are 240whp and 240 torque. i will post the dynosheet later when i have a chance to scan it and post it.

Nice numbers. Glad to hear you got it tuned. Im guessing you got the new clutch?
Old 07-08-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

How is the tune? Did you get it tuned for as much power on 8.5psi or a more conservative tune for everyday driving? I'd be pretty happy with those numbers for everyday driving.

Also, how is it running now that it's tuned?
Old 07-09-2006, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rOmEro

Nice numbers. Glad to hear you got it tuned. Im guessing you got the new clutch?
Hey Art! No, I haven't replaced the clutch yet, don't really need it yet, the stock clutch is fine for now!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
How is the tune? Did you get it tuned for as much power on 8.5psi or a more conservative tune for everyday driving? I'd be pretty happy with those numbers for everyday driving.

Also, how is it running now that it's tuned?
Its set at 8.5psi. At 240whp, its 100hp increase over stock, which is what Greddy initially claimed. So, expcet that after a tune. Like you said, im happy with 240 right now, its only a matter of time before i want more power! Good luck with your kit, let me know if you have any questions, etc.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by noTCed
To those considering the Kit, yes, I always recommend our customers to get a shop to tune the ECU/Emanage, even thought it comes pretuned at 8.5 psi.

I would have to agree also my car is up and running again however it pretty much falls on its face around 4k rpm's but I'm headed to vacation so no tuning until i get back
\yup same falls on its face at 4k on the pretuned map which sucks, so def i reccomend getting it tuned right away.....mine is getting tuned tomorrow accually and im hoping to get around 260 to the wheels...

did anyone with this kit wrap the actuator with heat wrap?
Old 07-09-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcholic

did anyone with this kit wrap the actuator with heat wrap?
I'd like to know that too and if anyone coated the manifold.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no the manifold is fine....the ss looks soooo good when there has been no finger prints and is a gold color with purple around the welds....;)
Old 07-09-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcholic
no the manifold is fine....the ss looks soooo good when there has been no finger prints and is a gold color with purple around the welds....;)
I'm gonna coat mine (when it gets here ) cuz I have a AW header and I'm just not crazy about the way it looks now. I've only seen like two headers that still look new without any coating.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just before you start the car with the manifold dont touch it and wipe it down with alcohal so they dont burn into the ss......keeps it fresh and soo clean
Old 07-27-2006, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want to make sure I get everything correct when I order this kit next month... I should definitely get the emanage upgrade, the Dezod PnP harness, the emanage tool, boost gauge, oil temp gauge and widband gauge. Then I should take it to a shop ASAP to avoid eating another motor (yeah TRD sure did keep my motor under warranty... bunch of ******) sorry to sound like a noob but i was getting ready to order this kit right when I read about that guy eating a motor... i'm sorry bout that man I feel for you,I've been there and done that and lost my **** in the process had to sell my rims and my SC just to get my car on the road again... it hurt... so yeah lemme know if i missed anything
Old 07-27-2006, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just so everyone know i blew my motor due to the wastegate not opening properly and i way way overboostin that would explain why the car was so fregin fast rediculous. problem is fixed and car is running again
Old 07-27-2006, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup....seems like A LOT of turbos are coming outta the boxes on 11+psi...happened to a friend...blew his up, rebuit the motor...has a mist to it, sounds so bad....thats why I trust / <3 TRD Supercharger...but for the people who make the turbos work, awesome
Old 07-27-2006, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cdp1279
just so everyone know i blew my motor due to the wastegate not opening properly and i way way overboostin that would explain why the car was so fregin fast rediculous. problem is fixed and car is running again
what were u boostin at? also do u think the wastegate wasnt opening properly because of the increased boost? just wanna make sure this kit works properly at the stock boost settings
Old 07-27-2006, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

probably greddys fault...like turbonetics had/have some...every kit should definately be checked first time runnin and again, and again...to make sure no rise or fall of PSI...normal stuff...right through the wastegate with a tirepressure gauge....simple stuff

Quick Reply: Well guys, I ordered a Greddy Kit