Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Well guys, I ordered a Greddy Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what i had to do was call greddy and have them send me the map because it wasnt pretuned, loaded it and started up first try and ran o.k. then i got it tuned and it runs very well now....
Old 07-28-2006, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Greddy internal wastegates suck if u plan to crank up the boost. they are known to cause boost spikes if u turn the boost up. as long as u're tuned out good, its no problem. with my rsx, i'm at 12psi, but spikes to 16psi. but when i had the 10psi, 11psi tunes, it never spiked.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
Greddy internal wastegates suck if u plan to crank up the boost. they are known to cause boost spikes if u turn the boost up. as long as u're tuned out good, its no problem. with my rsx, i'm at 12psi, but spikes to 16psi. but when i had the 10psi, 11psi tunes, it never spiked.
I don't think we have to worry about too many people boosting much over 10/11psi with the tC on a stock motor. Most of the the bigger power tCs seem to be running at about 10 and sometimes 10.5. After that you'll have to do the internals to run that high safely everyday.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

with emanage ultimate and a good tuner, i'm sure ppl could go 15psi daily on stock motor and still be reliable and gas efficient. if a high compression Honda motor could, so can these torquey low comp 2.4L's.

its all in the tune. stock internals nowadays are stronger than most ppl believe. esp since these 2.4L love boost. it just takes the right ppl to harness the potential.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:51 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1lowtc
Anyways, here is an important tip for anyone going to use dezod's pnp harness with the greddy turbo kit. I have been working with Bennie @ greddy and Pual from Dezod to find out a cold start issue with the kit. After tinkering with it for weeks, I found the issue and solved the problem.

The greddy pretuned emanage comes with the rotary settings and jumpers preset. On the jumper JP2, greddy sets it at 1-2 which is correct if you use their splice in main/injector harness,.... However, if you use the dezod pnp harness, the jumper setting must be changed to 2-3. The dezod harness includes the ignition harness, which changes the greddy setting as they do not include the harness. The JP2 setting 1-2 =5v ignition output while the 2-3 =12v ignition output. Hope this helps others that encounter the same problem.

Jon
Originally Posted by cdp1279

I would also like to thank 1lowtc for his advice i was having the exact same cold start problem with the PnP Dezod harness and i switch jp2 over to the 2-3 setting today and it works flawless i am so glad you shared that info all this time i though i might have been the dezod harness and that is something i would have never figured on my own
This is for Jerry.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no offense RS1 but have you even seen our internals... well i have and their nothing short of the stuff you leave in your comode every morning... This is what our internals look like
Old 08-01-2006, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

those high compression honda motors have cranks without counterbalances, better bearings, better rods and pistons... sorry 15 psi on a daily driver isn't gonna happen for the occassional racer... maybe if you love and caress your car but then whats the point in spendin 4 gs for a turbo lol... hell when i get boost again my foot ain't ever leavin the floor haha
Old 08-02-2006, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member

Default EMANAGE ULTIMATE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1lowtc wrote:

Anyways, here is an important tip for anyone going to use dezod's pnp harness with the greddy turbo kit. I have been working with Bennie @ greddy and Pual from Dezod to find out a cold start issue with the kit. After tinkering with it for weeks, I found the issue and solved the problem.

The greddy pretuned emanage comes with the rotary settings and jumpers preset. On the jumper JP2, greddy sets it at 1-2 which is correct if you use their splice in main/injector harness,.... However, if you use the dezod pnp harness, the jumper setting must be changed to 2-3. The dezod harness includes the ignition harness, which changes the greddy setting as they do not include the harness. The JP2 setting 1-2 =5v ignition output while the 2-3 =12v ignition output. Hope this helps others that encounter the same problem.

Jon

cdp1279 wrote:

I would also like to thank 1lowtc for his advice i was having the exact same cold start problem with the PnP Dezod harness and i switch jp2 over to the 2-3 setting today and it works flawless i am so glad you shared that info all this time i though i might have been the dezod harness and that is something i would have never figured on my own

This is for Jerry.

THANKS PAUL, BUT I HAVE THE EMANAGE ULTIMATE. WHAT JUMPERS DO I NEED TO MOVE , MY CAR WONT START.
THANKS
Old 08-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Change JP8 to 2-3 from 1-2

All else I believe should be fine.

Resource: http://mohdparts.com/emanage/ultimat..._manual/06.jpg
Old 08-02-2006, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i got the map from greddy it started perfectly, i didnt need to change the jumper settings at all.......
Old 08-02-2006, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member

thanks - paul

That worked . I the area of were the turbo manifold and the turbo attach I see smoke , cant really tell were it is coming from. What can be the problem? I will take it to a shop to have it look at.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:38 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcholic
when i got the map from greddy it started perfectly, i didnt need to change the jumper settings at all.......
He has the ultimate. We have seen a number of tC have this problem with the GReddy kits.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by ROCKET77

thanks - paul

That worked . I the area of were the turbo manifold and the turbo attach I see smoke , cant really tell were it is coming from. What can be the problem? I will take it to a shop to have it look at.
Maybe an exhaust manifold leak from the gasket?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member

[/quote]Maybe an exhaust manifold leak from the gasket?

I WILL TAKE IT TO THE SHOP ON FRI. I THINK THAT IS THE PROBLEM AS WELL. I MADE SURE TO TIGHTEN IT WELL.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1lowtc
Stay tuned for install within the next couple of weeks. I am going to have the valve flange, and egt bung welded prior to install.

Jon

Do we need to weld these parts and do they come with kit?

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by tcholic
Any dyno/track numbers yet? Any kills with this kit?
not many people have this kit on this forum.....and the people who do are kinda still fine tuning them a bit till there ready....=/ i mean dont get me wrong, its a really nice kit. it just doenst come fully complete like other turbo kits so there are alot of minor tweeks and adjustments of parts you have to get before the kit will run.....

What extra parts did you get? Here's what I ordered and ordering...
GReddy Kit OPT. 1
Dezod EManage P&P Harness
HKS Super Sequential Blowoff Valve (SSQV)
HKS SSQV BOV Flange

Gauges and POD
Full Synthetic oil & Filter
Denso IK22s Spark Plugs
GReddy Support Tool
Down the line I'll get a boost controller

Am I missing anything? I think I'm gonna stick with the 440 injectors for now... or should I? It'll probably be almost a month before it's installed unless I can get in some extra work hours before then or if I'm brave and install it myself with the help of someone. After install it'll go for tuning or maybe I'll have the place that install's do the tuning. I'd really like to find someon to install that knows the tC and if possible the turbo but that might not happen.
Based on this post, it leads me to believe otherwise. Any input? I want to make sure I get everything needed to make the kit run right and have potential for future enhancements.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ You will need to buy a BOV Flange (www.dezod.com) and have that welded to put a BOV on. Also, you will need a bung welded (www.dezod.com) if you get the AEM wideband gauge (not sure if you need one for a regular A/F gauge). You will also need the oil return pipe welded to the oil pan (that comes with the kit). That should be it. You can install yourself but will have to take somewhere to get welded unless you can weld. ZPI (www.zpiracing.net) has pre welded oil pans for like $170. That should be all for the welding.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ You will need to buy a BOV Flange (www.dezod.com) and have that welded to put a BOV on. Also, you will need a bung welded (www.dezod.com) if you get the AEM wideband gauge (not sure if you need one for a regular A/F gauge). You will also need the oil return pipe welded to the oil pan (that comes with the kit). That should be it. You can install yourself but will have to take somewhere to get welded unless you can weld. ZPI (www.zpiracing.net) has pre welded oil pans for like $170. That should be all for the welding.
Thanks a lot! I wonder, is any of this discussed in the instructions because from what I've heard, they're very vague.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
those high compression honda motors have cranks without counterbalances, better bearings, better rods and pistons... sorry 15 psi on a daily driver isn't gonna happen for the occassional racer... maybe if you love and caress your car but then whats the point in spendin 4 gs for a turbo lol... hell when i get boost again my foot ain't ever leavin the floor haha
the base rsx engine does not have a counterbalance, weaker rods/pistons, i wouldnt be surprised if they're weaker than the tc's.. it depends on thew size of the turbo and how good its tuned. with greddy's 18g, 15psi wont harm with good tuning. too bad i dont have a turbo'd tc to break the ice. but yes, u'll might want to upgrade valves if u want to stay at that level.

i run 12psi daily on my base auto rsx. spikes to 16psi, for almost a year now. many told me "oh it'll blow on stock motor". u wont know until someone knowledgeable tests its limits
Old 08-04-2006, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member

I JUST DROVE MY TC FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER FINISHING THE INSTALL OF THE GREDDY TURBO KIT. IT SOUNDS GREAT , THE PICK UP IS GOOD . BUT IT TURN OFF ON ME TWICE. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM. IT DIDN'T STEP ON IT , I TOOK IT EASY. THIR KIT IS A PAIN IN THE ___!!![/img]
Old 08-04-2006, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member

I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. WERE DOES THE ONE WAY VALVE GO? ITS IN THE TURBO KIT . BUT THE INSTRUCTIONS DOES'NT TELL U ANYTHING ABOUT IT. THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE REALLY BAD.

Quick Reply: Well guys, I ordered a Greddy Kit