Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

What are the benefits of the s/c.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

To put things simply, if you've done enough research, you shouldn't have to ask this question.

Also, the S/C won't help you in autocross, you're going to struggle for traction all over the place.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i dont plan on flooring it around each turn and spin my tires i can drive. and yes i have done enough research. ive searched and searched and searched. now i want opinions. power is not the main decision here. the main decision is will it be worth it in the long run. would i rather just trade my tc in for more than its worth because of the s/c or do i want to worry about selling my turbo kit and making not even half of what i paid for it back. i know turbo delivers more power i am def aware of that. but is it worth spending that much money on something that ima eventually take off my car anyways and not get that money back and is it also worth throwing away a 100,000 mile warranty that i have. no IMO. that is my situation. like i said faster daily driver. cause man do i drive my car a lot. havent even had it a year and ive already put almost 22,000 miles on it. and if something breaks on it the dealer will fix it not me. its that warranty thing mang. i dont want to have to worry about cutting and drilling for an intercooler or getting someone to tap my oil pan mounting the turbo and driving it hoping it doesnt run lean, all these things i have to monitor. im sorry id like to be able to drive my car with no worries. been down this road before in another vehicle. reliability was the main factor. now im not saying turbo kits are junk and break and are unreliable by no means. im just saying that i worry too much and it def would make me worry a lot. id feel much more comfortable somebody else putting in my s/c than me trying to install a turbo. never had one before. know a pretty good bit about it and on a daily driver im sorry its just not for me. if i was building a fun play car then yes TURBO FTW!!! and i know a lot of ppl that have turbo tcs as daily drivers. probably most of the turbo guys on here. but like i said. not for me. i want something factory and warranty and that is going to give me the hp im looking for. if its just not enough in the end then bye bye tc ill get something faster. the way it goes. thanks for the info guys. anyone else got anything good to say about the s/c please post.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:15 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

then do it. sounds like you have already decided.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i guess i have lol. thanks for all the help guys. couldnt have done it without ya lol.