Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

What should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Banned
SL Member

^ what you are saying makes sense... but I would rather be safe than sorry if you know what I mean...
Old 01-10-2008, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It makse sense, but I dont' think it's right. See, the f/IC is just a piggyback, so it really only tunes when in boost. This is the same thing as putting the f/ic on an NA car...it wont' do anything.

On the other hand, the SC comes with injectors, so you can pull fuel if it gets to rich, but you can't ADD fuel if it gets to lean. I guess if your just going straigt to the tune shop after the SC install to get tune, you might be alright...but if youd rather be safe then sorry, get the reflash.

What is keeping you from doing the reflash?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand your concern, I just thought someone should try it to see what kind of numbers it puts down stock.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no I have no problem goin trd reflash but I am buying a used s/c so I can't use the reflash tool again so I want to avoid buying a new tool thingy to reflash my ecu that's y I am seeing if I can get away withjus the f/ic...also my installer will tune the car for me he does awesome work with f/I cars plus he has done a couple of tcs b4 he usually works on srt4's so he's good with tuning for f/I
Old 01-11-2008, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well...if he's good with the f/ic, and he's done the tC before, then I think it's worth a shot to have him tune the SC straight on the f/ic with no reflash.
I think you should go for it.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well as of right now that's the plan and what someone mentioned b4 about added a piggyback to a turbo car and comparing it with the s/c is a good theory so I think I should b ok wish me luck guys
*** if anyone else has info on the please chime in thanks
Old 01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the tuner is good I bet you can break 200whp with the stock sc, go for it.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by IcetC
^^^yea no...do you wanna pay for me to go turbo? b/c if your funding it be my guest i would love to just dont have the $
You'll be saying you don't have money again when toyota won't cover your supercharger under warranty. It breaks a lot!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
^^^yea no...do you wanna pay for me to go turbo? b/c if your funding it be my guest i would love to just dont have the $
You'll be saying you don't have money again when toyota won't cover your supercharger under warranty. It breaks a lot!
^x2 and you also will be paying out your butt for the tune. You have to build an entire map for the whole RPM range.... thats gotta cost a pretty penny.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I know that toyota won't warranty my s/c one cuz its used and 2 cuz I am not having them install the s/c and as for it breaking I understand what the usual problems r like the oil nd stuff but idk if you guys have seen the thread that I think garage1217 made where he tore apart the s/c nd basically reinforced it like he changed all the bearings and upgraded the internals that is the unit I am getting but I do understand the problems that usually come along with it
Old 01-11-2008, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well I know that toyota won't warranty my s/c one cuz its used and 2 cuz I am not having them install the s/c and as for it breaking I understand what the usual problems r like the oil nd stuff but idk if you guys have seen the thread that I think garage1217 made where he tore apart the s/c nd basically reinforced it like he changed all the bearings and upgraded the internals that is the unit I am getting but I do understand the problems that usually come along with it
OH! well if garage1217 reinforced it I would think it would be pretty good. He's been on here for a while and seems to know a thing or two about stuff.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow you can sleep well if your bought the s/c from garage, he's awesome!

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire
Originally Posted by etsnet
^x2 and you also will be paying out your butt for the tune. You have to build an entire map for the whole RPM range.... thats gotta cost a pretty penny.
exactly my point i was trying to make in the previous thread. it's gonna take some time for him to tune from scratch and i dunno about you, but i get billed by the hour when tuning..and it isnt cheap!
Old 01-12-2008, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea he's gonna give it a basic tune so that its driveable and I could run it everyday with that tune but if I want it fine tuned from like the track and dyno and w/e else he feels like doing to it he chargers 150 an hour so the car will b tuned and ready to go but if I want a serious fine tune yea it will cost me some cash