Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Where are the SC and Stage 0 1/4 mile times?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member

Default Where are the SC and Stage 0 1/4 mile times?

First I would like to say I love this forum and it has been a wealth of info for me. I am a proud owner of a 2006 Flint Mica TC. Like most of us, I am debating if I should get a Turbo or a Supercharger.

I need to know only one thing; real 1/4 mile times! I have been searching and searching but it seems that people talk alot about the differences of the two and how much HPs they put out but hardly any 1/4 mile times. I am not trying to rub anyone the wrong way. I have seen the vids of ZPI doing low 12's, but I want to know stock Stage 0 #s and stock SC #s with manual and auto. Yes, I know there isn't a SC auto kit out yet.

I am alittle confused. When people got new headers or intakes installed, they were at the track within a few days and then stating 1/4 mile times (14.9, 15.2, 15.5 etc). Now that many have turbos and Supercharger for over a month, it seems nobody goes to the track to test them. Again, I am not trying to start anything. I am just very excited about my TC and want to purchase a Turbo or SC soon.

Now I have the Automatic (yeh yeh) and I believe a time of mid to high 14s in the 1/4 mile is possible but is it with the Stage 0 or a TRD SC with a pullie upgrade?

Please no "get a 5spd" replys! I have an 87 formula 350, automatic, stock except for catback and a K&N air filter, 130K miles on it, never been rebuilt, and I can run consistant mid 14s at Carlsbad Raceway (closed now)! I have beat many faster cars on the street because they mis-shifted or had no traction. So I have faith that I can make my auto Tc a bonefide street machine with the right upgrades!

So , any real times out there?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member

Last edited by lg2989; 09-09-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member

Get a 5spd.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member

Ha Ha! Whats your turbo or sc 1/4 miles times?

Thats what I thought!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i do have a time slip posted on here many times and i will get a video next spring

unless some one wants to front me the money to go to the stip this weekend
Old 11-16-2005, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

street drags at pomona has been close for awhile, same with carlsbad, and soon at palmdale. Im not much of a fan drag'n so i doubt i ever will.

Since your name is supercharged, i hope you live up to that. If you really want it just put it on.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and the tc is low compretion not high
Old 11-16-2005, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member

Oh I'm serious about it, but like my post says "1/4 miles times?".

How else is one to determine if spending 3-5 Gs is worth it. Come on, look on dragtimes.com. Neon SRT4s are cleaning house. Then look at the Scion TC page. Wow, where are all the turbo and sc car times?

Dont get me wrong, I want to turbo or sc soon, but I am beginning to think that unless you spend for a stage 1 turbo, we will still get beat up by stock srt4s and wrxs. How else am I to know unless one of you give me some times. I love the TC, but if it can't run with the big boys after a stage 0 or sc upgrade, then I'm selling it and buying something else or I'll give it to my wife!

Just a note, my friend has a 2004 srt4. I like the looks of our TCs way more and its Toyota built quality, but, he can smoke me like a cuban cigar! I mean, I hate to say it, but I'm not even in the ballpark. Thats why I need some street results before my purchase.

ANyway, congrats on your purchase and SC upgrade!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Supercharged
we will still get beat up by stock srt4s and wrxs. How else am I to know unless one of you give me some times.
as said by other people here your not comparing "apples to apples "

SRT4 are made for power

Impreza WRX/STI's are made for power

Different level of playing field, if you are not happy with the tC then you should move up.

Im not here to bash you, or be a a$$hole but it seems alot of people are unhappy when they cant beat RX-8,EVO,WRX/STi/RSX-S/ETC

Good luck with what you decide on.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member

Point taken!
Old 11-16-2005, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is nothing at ALL wrong with anyone wanting to try and build their cars to be faster than those mentioned. In fact, I praise anyone who has those goals in mind! My major goal is to beat a stock SRT-4 and then Im good.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would like those times very much too. As for str4, rsx s and other cars in the ballpark i think the scion is more then capable of beating those if you put the money in it and get a turbo or sc. I mean comparing a base str4 with a base tc is like comparing evo to a wrx its just not the same ballpark because the evo guy paid more money and it comes stock like that with the extra cost. Of course let the wrx (especially the new ones) put the money it saved instead of buying an evo on the itself upgrade turbo and someother things and bam its the same game. same with this your friend paid more money for that str4 invest the money in the scion and youll keep up with him and even beat him i mean look at all the engines of all these cars save for the hondas engines 2.0 l 200 hp and 140 lbs - sucky in my opinion but i love higher displacement, to our engine is the same size without the extra things on it to give it boost, buy them and youll be in their times. Yea its true with some light mods str4 will increase its hp but its goingto pay more money opnce again. I mean really you just cant compare diff price tag cars to each other in the end the engines are not that much diff - 2.4, 2.5, some are even smaller 2.0 and in the end it comes down to the money you put in the car to mod it (which coud just be used to buy a faster car, but i like the modding) because all those engines are around the sizes. Those cars are the same as ours just no boost on ours and less performance type things but you could buy them and put them on and youll be where they are, so decided weatehr you want to do this or get a car with this and upgrade (both ways would come out to the same amount of money about) its just one way is a lot more work involved if you dont want that just buy a faster car. but rem someone outthere will always have more mods or a bigger engine or awd (awesome lunches, but from a role they suck its like they just die at higher speeds - drove a wrx and 2.5 rs) or something, you just gota pick a car you like and do the most you can with it. I love the scion its a coupe, its cheap, nice standard options, everything i could ask for so i chose this to modify.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member

My major goal is to beat a stock SRT-4 and then Im good.
I hear you !
Old 11-16-2005, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about that mini cooper s with the upgrade package 208 hp wonder if it can take srt4
Old 11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Typhoon
How about that mini cooper s with the upgrade package 208 hp wonder if it can take srt4
hell no hahaha but what it can do is out handel the crap out of them auto x a stock srt-4 and a stock cooper s and see who wins

once again diffrent cars though

and as for the tc if you learn how to drive it and mod it wisely it can beat any of thoughs cars listed not stock for stock or equaly moded but if you bring the total price of your tc (including turbo kit and tuning) up the the price of a stage 2 or even stage 3 srt-4 then you will have a how do you say mean b!tch lol
Old 11-16-2005, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea the time would b nice my gaol with my tc is to b able to beat mustangs!!!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member

With a few options, such as spoiler, foglights,auto, etc, I paid almost 21g out the door for my Tc. It looks like a stock Tc with a manual can run around mid 15s in the 1/4 with a good driver and traction. I just got a quote for a new srt4 from Hemet dodge in CA for $21800 out the door! Srt4s run low 14s according to most major mags. Now that price is tax, licience, doc, all fees! I guess they are trying to get rid of them fast.

So if I spend another 4g on a stage 0 or sc, I am at 25g and maybe be able to run with the stock srt4s and wrxs. Thats what my original post is for. If I am in the ballpark with the stage0 or sc, then I'll get one cause the Tc is a better looking and built car than those others.

Any times yet?
Old 11-16-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Supercharged
With a few options, such as spoiler, foglights,auto, etc, I paid almost 21g out the door for my Tc. It looks like a stock Tc with a manual can run around mid 15s in the 1/4 with a good driver and traction. I just got a quote for a new srt4 from Hemet dodge in CA for $21800 out the door! Srt4s run low 14s according to most major mags. Now that price is tax, licience, doc, all fees! I guess they are trying to get rid of them fast.

So if I spend another 4g on a stage 0 or sc, I am at 25g and maybe be able to run with the stock srt4s and wrxs. Thats what my original post is for. If I am in the ballpark with the stage0 or sc, then I'll get one cause the Tc is a better looking and built car than those others.

Any times yet?

well get your tc with the same fetures an srt-4 has lol crank windows hahaha (well in the back) so basicly stock 5 speed tc and stock srt-4 there is like a 4-5k diffrance in sticker price so buy a stage 1 zpi kit and a lsd and bam srt-4 killer now stage 2 srt-4 is what another 2k over stiker add another 2k to your tc and wow look you can hang with a vett were the srt-s is just now running high 12's if enven that

this is asuming you do all the work your self if you pay for labor then expect it to cost more but just an example
Old 11-16-2005, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member

So we need, limited slip, stage 0, emanage ultimate to reach the same topspeed as a srt4, and the funds for installation; then we will be on par with a stock 21g srt4? Isn't that gonna cost us more than 21g in the TC? And I am talking performance here, not accessories like moonroof etc.

Come on, anybody got some times!!! Because of the lack of replys regarding 1/4 times , I am beginnig to believe that a stage 0 or sc Tc can't break into the 14s.

Please, prove me wrong!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha bull i know for a fact that the stage 0 and s/c tc's should be in the mid to low 14's maybe if you suck at driving you couldnt do it but im damn near stock and run 15.2's should be in 14's n/a next spring

Quick Reply: Where are the SC and Stage 0 1/4 mile times?