Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Where are the SC and Stage 0 1/4 mile times?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Joe ran 13.8 @ 103 with poor traction on our Dezod Stage I turbo kit @ 8.5 PSI.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Stage 0 will put you above a stock srt-4 dude. I'm not sure on the S/C, but I'm positive on the Stage 0.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member

Looks like we got our first times for the SC:

Outcrnru posted;

3 runs total

Run 1: 60': 2.2
ET: 14.66@ 96mph

Run 2: 60': 2.23
ET: 14.67@ 94mph

Run 3: 60': 2.32
ET: 14.67@ 96mph

Not bad, with a pulley upgrade I would think low 14's are possible.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now that is more like it and with better tires i think the 60's can be lower
Old 11-19-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JINeration
yea the time would b nice my gaol with my tc is to b able to beat mustangs!!!!!
I ran against an 90something Mustang the other night with my bone stock 06' 5-speed Tc. It was a V-6,but that still more powerful than me( Im sure). He also had auto tranny, and i have the stock tires which are not great in the grip department, but anyways...

i was seeing rear fender the whole way, no taillights in my face!! I am pretty proud of that.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member

Still waiting for the stage 0 or trd sc stock 1/4 miles times?

Where are all the turbo guys at?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thereis a video out right now where the sc tc pulled a 10.5 in the 1/8 mile which is like a low 16...but he was a ____ty drive cause alot of us pull better 1/8 with 1/h/e
Old 11-19-2005, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member

I went to an SRT forum site and they post times all over the place.

Anyway, I love the Tc and decided to keep it. I'll probally give it to the wifey. I will still put a sc or turbo in it but I'll wait til more perfomance results come in.

On a different note, I am going down to the local Dodge dealer a 4pm to test drive an orange blast SRT4. I got quoted at $21999 out the door if I come down today to test drive. I have already spent 22.5k on my scion, so its about the same cost.

My wife will have the better built, nicer looking, and easier to live with on a day to day basis. I will go for the rude and crude in your face mobile, the SRT4!

I'm not a traitor. I will have both if the test drive goes smooth and I plan on continuing upgrading the TC.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Supercharged

Anyway, I love the Tc and decided to keep it. I'll probally give it to the wifey. I will still put a sc or turbo in it but I'll wait til more perfomance results come in.

On a different note, I am going down to the local Dodge dealer a 4pm to test drive an orange blast SRT4. I got quoted at $21999 out the door if I come down today to test drive. I have already spent 22.5k on my scion, so its about the same cost.

My wife will have the better built, nicer looking, and easier to live with on a day to day basis. I will go for the rude and crude in your face mobile, the SRT4!

I'm not a traitor. I will have both if the test drive goes smooth and I plan on continuing upgrading the TC.
Dont waste your money on that thing... get a wrx if you want stock turbo
Old 11-20-2005, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by -Keith-

Dont waste your money on that thing... get a wrx if you want stock turbo
I'm with Keith on this one. Two things I must say,... Number one, first and foremost no matter how you cut it, you will be driving a NEON! Second, no matter how much work you do to try to make it look curvy and like a coop it will still look like crap!
Old 11-20-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am suprised at no times from turbos and lack of times from sc just one?
Old 11-20-2005, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

WRX... AWD... faster stock vs stock. SRT-4 Throwing together... wrx much nicer interior and hey the motor will last.... BECUASE ITS NOT A NEON! ;)
Old 11-20-2005, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member

Just got back from my test drive of the srt4! Wow!

Now I currently own a mid 14 second v8 and this neon to me feels alot stonger in all gears and speeds. Its quite noisy and feels alittle rough, but I like it. I didn't purchase. I want a couple of more days to think about it.

Yeh, I understand your points on the wrx, but a stock wrx non sti version won't beat a stock SRT4. I have done alot of research on that . Check the srt4 and wrx forums and decide for yourself. Also ,read all the articles from the magazines like motortrend, car and driver, sport compact, they all have the srt4 being faster in the 1/4, 0-60, and topspeed. So I don't know where you guys are getting your info. Plus a wrx out thedoor price is 4-5 grand more, I have qoutes from dealers. Also, look at the following these pocket neons are getting. Their forum sites are awesome. There is a huge online database. Plus if you want the whole cheap american pos vs the import thing, then the neon is the way to go .

Unlike our site here, the guys on the srt4 sites post times. The general time for a stock srt4 with an average driver is 14.1-14.4. With a good driver and 60 foot times, 13.6-13.9! All for 21g out the door and a 3 year warranty.

Im just posting facts not trying to rain on the TCs parade.

Honestly, I love our Tcs but I don't think even with a sc or stage 0 turbo we can beat srt4s. With the stage 2 and 3 srt4 setups, they are running low to mid 12s, viper territory.

Anyway sorry for getting off topic.

Anymore turbo or sc times for the Tcs?
Old 11-20-2005, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member

True, the str4 is great bang for the buck but there is a price. Mopar quality. I dont care what kinda warranty is has, not any good if you gotta go back to the dealer constantly. I know of quite a few srt4 owners around here. Their number one issues have been drivetrain wise. I know about 4 guys who have had to have their trannies replaced with less than 20k on them. Also, these were not heavily modded srts eitehr. One was stock, the others were lightly modded (around stage 0-1 power levels). I know of one guy who managed to break his clutch disc in half. I know of others who have had axles bend, or even fall out. Again, they're great bang for the buck, but is the hassle of mopar quality really worth it? After seeing all the mopar projects come in to my work with leaking trannies, engine seals, power steering racks, etc with low miles, im just not impressed.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I test drove a SRT-4 before purchasing my Tc . I am not gonna lie, the thing was a beast!! fast as hell and pulled hard. But there were big draw backs. i noticed it wasnt boosting in first gear so i decided to break loose ... it boosted.... but the thing peels out like a piece of crap. engine was bouncing around nasty!!, i bet it was horrible on the engine mount.

Plus i know a guy who has a SRT, he races it all the time, he is looking to sell it now... the 4th cylinder is running on very low compression. Sounds like crap and struggles to stay alive. Im glad i didnt get the crappy thing.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did he say v8.....
Old 11-22-2005, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member

arnt the srt4 getting trashed this year by dodge?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i mean they are fast and all... but they don't last... and i would wake up everymorning and hate myself... but i guess if u get past the fact that its fast... but other than that i dunno.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member

If you are interested in going fast man, i have a Sonic Blue 03' Cobra for sale in MD. that wont have any problem taking care of an SRT-4....
Old 11-22-2005, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still waiting for the stage 0 or trd sc stock 1/4 miles times?

Where are all the turbo guys at?
Should be in the 14.3 -14.6 range with a good driver and one mod manual.

Quick Reply: Where are the SC and Stage 0 1/4 mile times?