Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Where are the SC and Stage 0 1/4 mile times?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member

Times? Where are the Stage 0 guys? You guys sure talked alot about how bad the SC was verses the turbo, but where is your proof?
Old 11-24-2005, 08:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by damieean
arnt the srt4 getting trashed this year by dodge?
Technically yes, like the Chevy Cavalier, the Dodge Neon is old news and is gonna be replaced by some crap called theb "Dodge Caliber." You can google it if you want, personally its not worth your time.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes a 5 speed is definately necessary. You don't want the auto.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member

Now this is what I am talking about. A bunch of guys talking Sh**T about "get a turbo dude, my car is awesome, I'll smoke everyone" .

Not a single Stage 0 turbo 1/4 mile time!!!

DAMN!!!!!!

And people bash the SRT4! At least there is proof they are quick and fast! Looks like all we can say about our TCs is "But its built better"

Has anyone with a s/c or stage 0 upgrade with everything else stock, ran a 1/4 mile time of low 14s? Period. Stop saying "Dude, you should be able to, trust me!" Whats the problem here? If our Tcs can't do it, then just say it and stop making excuses.

People wondering why I am considering purchasing a SRT4, Read this entire post and then you'll know why. Damn, I want to hear that we can run low 14s, that way I don't have to purchase a new car. Thats why I am playing Devil's Advocate here. Not to ____ off Tc owners. I can either put 3-4 grand in upgrades on my Tc or a down payment on a SRT4.

Buy the way, my friend with the SRT4 and a $400 stage 1 upgrade, is smoking everyone that challenges him here in San Diego! I have seen him race Stock 2005 Mustang GTs, turbo MR2s, Eclipses, and even a newer vette! His car is completely stock except for the new ECU and lowering springs. 2004 Silver with black stripes.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 11-25-2005, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
Originally Posted by Supercharged
Just got back from my test drive of the srt4! Wow!

Now I currently own a mid 14 second v8 and this neon to me feels alot stonger in all gears and speeds. Its quite noisy and feels alittle rough, but I like it. I didn't purchase. I want a couple of more days to think about it.
Hey homes not to romp on your parade, but uhhhh

Dodge NEON SRT-4 ; 2.4L - 16 Valve - FOUR CYLINDER - Turbo Engine

SRT-4's are NOT V8's

leave our boards now please, before SRT-4 Owners spot you.

you are embarrassing SRT-4 Owners with your stupidity

sorry but you didnt read that correctly fix your post before ppl b!tch lol he has a mid 14 sec v8 and just test drove a srt-4 and likes it more then his car with a v8
Old 11-25-2005, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you might want to edit your quote so ppl dont b!tch lol

i dont see why you would go from V8 to SRT-4....
Old 11-25-2005, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Edited first part

And to go on topic, the problem is the release date of the S/C. Being a mid to late fall release means the majority of s/c owners live in area's where tracks are closed for the winter. Yes, some live in area's where they are open all year, but most don't. I've only seen the 14.6 post for s/c and that's it. That 10.5 or whatever 1/8th mile run is ____ POOR!!! That s/c should be taken from him and put in another person's car that can drive. I ran a 9.9 COMPLETELY stock even with the 18" wheels.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
i dont see why you would go from V8 to SRT-4....
Gas mileage
Same power/lighter car= faster (in his case anyways)
Warranty
Newer/better creature comforts than his older V8 car

I went from a V8 to a tC....go figure
Old 11-25-2005, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, i guess gas mileage is a good reason
Old 11-25-2005, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member

Alot of ignorance on this site and apparently people who can not read well.

I own a 2006 TC and a 1987 Pontiac Formula 350. The Formula is 18 years old and is hardly a daily driver anymore, so I purchased the TC. The Tc is relatively cheap, is built by Toyota, has tuner ability, and great gas mileage compared to my V8. I want to make my Tc as quick as my Formula and be a daily driver.

Now as far as the SRT4 goes, they kick a$$ period!! Not as reliable as japanese cars and not as pretty, but gots it where it counts in a drag race. Thats all I'm trying to say.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn, nothing but srt-4 this Si that, geesh people. Look, i believe you should drive the car YOU want and not what everyone else wants. You want a srt-4, well get one, they are the fastest car under 25k, just take extra care of it. You want a Si, BAM put a downpayment and you wizzing around with 8000 rev limit. Just get the car you feel best in.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Buy the way, my friend with the SRT4 and a $400 stage 1 upgrade, is smoking everyone that challenges him here in San Diego! I have seen him race Stock 2005 Mustang GTs, turbo MR2s, Eclipses, and even a newer vette! His car is completely stock except for the new ECU and lowering springs. 2004 Silver with black stripes.

Dude, I am a total newbie to this car stuff and I know thats bs.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hi with all bull ____ting aside i work at quigney dodge in boyertown and these cars are great til you hit about 20k The trannys are giving problems because they were not really meant for all that power and the driving the owners put them through. Most warranty work will not be covered because the ECU puts a data log on everytime you abuse the car. ( hit rev limiter, race the engine, nasty burnouts) and it is grinding to tranny into pieces. Also the clutch begins to slip right around there too.

If the warranty does cover some work it is still a neon i despise working on these and no matter how you look at it... Its Still a NEON.

I am going to put an app in at Tri-Count Toyota my C tech status at quigney is over.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha... yeah right... New vettes run low 12's stock. The SRT will be in the mid 14's with a good driver and launch.... go pedal your BS elsewhere..
Old 12-05-2005, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*sneeze*

oh im sorry....

i'm allergic to BULL$HIT
Old 12-05-2005, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-05-2005, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-05-2005, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikem53
Haha... yeah right... New vettes run low 12's stock. The SRT will be in the mid 14's with a good driver and launch.... go pedal your BS elsewhere..
I've seen many srt4s hit 13.8-13.9 completely stock. You have to be a pretty bad driver to get mid 14s on a stock srt4. Mopar stage 3 srt4s have hit 12.4 @ 122mph. Stage 1 srt4s can get into the low 13s/high 12s with a decent driver, that's right there with the new stang gt. A base C6 is not out of range if the vette owner isn't the best driver. I have 3 friends who own srt4s, and I was actually going to buy an srt4 before I saw the tC, so I have done my research on the car and know what it's capable of. That said, I think the srt is much more childish looking and the interior sucks in comparison to ours (although my friends' cars don't rattle like mine )
Old 12-05-2005, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by unsungfate
damn, nothing but srt-4 this Si that, geesh people. Look, i believe you should drive the car YOU want and not what everyone else wants. You want a srt-4, well get one, they are the fastest car under 25k, just take extra care of it. You want a Si, BAM put a downpayment and you wizzing around with 8000 rev limit. Just get the car you feel best in.
hehe definitly agree with you, people come on these forums and start posting trying to convince them selves that them trading a tc for one of those cars is the best thing in the world, and then they exepect with everyone to agree with them. You want to trade your car in thats great congrats to you, just dont come on here expecting to change everyones opinion on this car aswell. I mean you dont see and tc owners go on str4 forums posting man iam trading this pos for a tc becuase its more reliable and blah blah blah. Do something productive get the car post times so we can see how it compares to our cars or how turbo or sc copare to an srt4.

Quick Reply: Where are the SC and Stage 0 1/4 mile times?