Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Where are the SC and Stage 0 1/4 mile times?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Supercharged
Yeh, I understand your points on the wrx, but a stock wrx non sti version won't beat a stock SRT4. I have done alot of research on that . Check the srt4 and wrx forums and decide for yourself. Also ,read all the articles from the magazines like motortrend, car and driver, sport compact, they all have the srt4 being faster in the 1/4, 0-60, and topspeed. So I don't know where you guys are getting your info. Plus a wrx out thedoor price is 4-5 grand more, I have qoutes from dealers. Also, look at the following these pocket neons are getting. Their forum sites are awesome. There is a huge online database. Plus if you want the whole cheap american pos vs the import thing, then the neon is the way to go .
I own a 05 WRX. Yes, it's true that SRT-4s are faster then us. But if you're considering buying a new vehicle you should do a little bit more looking around. I got my loaded premium WRX sedan for $23,900 out the door with a little haggling. This was in the middle of the year, no sales or anything. That's what, an extra $2gs? I've heard of WRX wagons leaving the lot for around $21K. I haven't tried it myself, but I understand you can get a Saab 9-2x Aero (rebadged WRX) for under $20k with the GM discount stuff going on. Also, the new 06 WRX has the 2.5l now and is way underrated. It's being dynoed somewhere around 260-270hp so it should be very close in terms of performance with the SRT-4 now. Plus the WRX is loaded, power windows all around, security system, moonroof, heated seats, 6-cd changer, climate control, foglights, windshield deicer, cruise control, etc. It also outhandles the SRT, build quality is better, it's more reliable (Consumer Reports number 1 most reliable sporty car now), and resale value is higher, etc.

And I don't hate on the SRT-4, I actually like the way it looks. People can call it a Neon if they want but it is a muscle car, despite being FWD and 4-cyl turbo.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any times yet or just more talk?
Old 12-10-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its just talk..

What did you want to know? The blower installed should run low 14's. It depends how BAD A DRIVER YOU ARE.

Since the focus of this car is on people in their early 20's, how many of you have more than 5 passes down a drag strip on anything but regular street tires?

Not many here anyway.

Quality control doesn't mean crap when your lined up at the Tree. When the light turns green its who has more power, period. The tC is going to loose that war, period.

Some have had tranny problems but I would chalk that up to ham-fisted youngins learning how to drive a stick on a performance car, there alot of those.

Stage 1 - mid 13's

Stage 1 with additonal mods and nitrous oxide - 11.3@129

Stage 2 - low 13's, high 12's on drag radials.

Stage 0 with nitous oxide and bleed value - high 11's

Stage 3R with supporting mods - 11.61 all the way down to 11.14

10's are going to happen very soon.

Where's the tC?

Tyler Hara will have the fastest tC for a LONG time becaue -

A) He works for AEM, you don't

B) He got connection, you don't

C) He isn't 20 posting know it all answers on the web about cars he generally knows nothing about.

Any questions?

My Neon runs faster, you want to run me? Hit me up, I'll run it up to LACR...
Old 12-14-2005, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

soo......anyone else with times yet?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="Typhoon" I mean comparing a base str4 with a base tc is like comparing evo to a wrx its just not the same ballpark because the evo guy paid more money and it comes stock like that with the extra cost.[/quote]

What the hell are you talking about, ROFL dont even POST here if you have no freakin clue as to what you are saying! So let me get this straight, a turbo 2.0L Evo with AWD is not in the same ballpark as a turbo 2.4L STi with AWD... wait their time slips are almost identical... wait the evo makes around 280 and the STi 300.. so the STi is slower? PUT down the Import Tuner magazine and get some real knowledge. ROFLMAO.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i think he ment the 2.0 L wrx... but just a thought
Old 12-15-2005, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Relax before you start trying to flame people please get your infromation streight. I was takling about the base wrx not sti version. Tunermagazine I dont even look at it (Some peopel might be into it just not for me) I wasnt going by anythign but my personal experience in driving both cars I drove an evo and an wrx (BASE NONE STI) wrx costs about 26,000 about 240 hp and evo costs about 34,000 and is 297 hp not 280 ( as far as I rememebr) If you want to get technical with hp. I know that STI and Evo compete in the same market and them being almost identical save for for some differences 2.0 vs 2.5 turbo engines, sti is a .1 sec faster or something in the 1/4 mile ( dont know the right time so dont reply that Iam a dumbass and post the right time) and the evo handles slightly bit better on track - Ones again this isnt somethign I got out of a magazine and by no means am I knowledgeble enough about drivign cars to claim that I saw those differences when i drove the cars ( I test drove an sti) but both people who I know tha own the cars take their cars to tracks almost daily in the summer and one is even sponsered this is their opinion.

So please next time before you decide to start flaming someone to dont assume a simple question would have resolved the issue.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also my original point was that while a wrx (base) is a great car its only 26,000 compared to evos 34,000 and therefor comes with less hp(both are steal great deals for the hp per dollar in my opinion great cars). Same with tc and srt4 tc is 16750 while the srt4 is something liek 21,000 you are paying more for that hp. If i invest the money saved from buying a wrx instead of an evo I can upgrade and make it compete with the evo. Same with the tc upgrade and you got yourself a nice car.

My whole point was that there is just no reason to compare cars totaly outside of each others price range because there is always a car that costs more that has more hp and is faster/better at handling.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This year the STI got bumped to a 2.5L from a 2.4. The evo starts at 31,399 (the IX version while the base version starts at under 30k). The WRX starts at , $24,495, while the STI version starts at, 32,995. Sure you can get the cheaper version for 24k, but the the STI is so damn nice. Sorry I was so harsh before, everyone on this forum (not everyone but quite a few) seem to "know" everything because they read it off of a ricer magazine.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kenshin
This year the STI got bumped to a 2.5L from a 2.4. The evo starts at 31,399 (the IX version while the base version starts at under 30k). The WRX starts at , $24,495, while the STI version starts at, 32,995. Sure you can get the cheaper version for 24k, but the the STI is so damn nice. Sorry I was so harsh before, everyone on this forum (not everyone but quite a few) seem to "know" everything because they read it off of a ricer magazine.
U.S. Spec STI always was a 2.5 liter. WRX got a bump from 2.0 to 2.5 this year.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its ok I understand. But to in my defense I never claimed to know everything actually there is quite a few posts on here with me asking a lot of questions and for peoples help I dont pretend to know information that I dont know. However when there is a topic that I do know something about I try to post about my knowledge hoping itll help somone. It just happens to be that I love subarus and awd cars in general so I used them as a comparison. Just thought Id say that becaue I never try to pretend that I know more then I do I will be the first person to admit that Iam a total newb to car moding and tuning.

Anyways its cool as long we understand each other.

^^ hehe yeah I was very excited with the wrx new model (still trying to adjust to the new look though) mostly because of the higher displacement engine 2,5 like ryno stated. To me meaning higher potential hp plus stock turbochargers are awesome as I ve learned recently from here.

I am really hoping for my next car to be a wrx . I still love the tc though.

Also whenver I say wrx I mean the base wrx, and I call stis sti hehe. Sorry if there is any confusion didnt realize I wasnt saying what I meant when I was saying wrx, just got used to it.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Typhoon
plus stock turbochargers are awesome as I ve learned recently from here.
Your telling me, I went from a turbo eclipse to a 160hp power plant! Hehe, my eclipse was pushing around 230-240whp before I sold it for the "reliable" toyo. Though if I was told that I could trade in my tc for a 99 GSX I would in a blink, nothing like AWD launching or driving in the rain with awesome traction .
Old 12-16-2005, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member

Ill just say if ne one wants a srt-4 they better buy it now. cuz there not makin neon srt-4s anymore cuz dodge is trashing the neon next year.... good ridance i say
Old 01-16-2006, 09:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

my buddys got a 06 wrx. stock on a awd dyno the car pushes about 190-200 at the wheels. and stock track times are said to be about 13.8-14. with a simple cat back the numbers jump to 220ish. my buddys got a complete turbo back and stage 2 accessport done for only about $1300. and its hella fast. bout 250 at the wheels on an awd dyno. running low to mid 13s. would take a 06 wrx over an srt4 any day.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

oh and a while back i asked kenny from zpi what the stage 0 times were and he said right around 14.4
Old 01-16-2006, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well since no one has posted anytimes yet ill post my times with my kit,

13.54@104 1.9-60ft 5.5psi
Old 01-16-2006, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I guess the final answer is mid 14's at the track.

Buy a bike, and you'll be in supercar territory
Old 01-16-2006, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by enriquetc
well since no one has posted anytimes yet ill post my times with my kit,

13.54@104 1.9-60ft 5.5psi
Nice #'s. How much are you putting to the wheels if you don't mind me asking? And where you on slicks?
Old 01-16-2006, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly i dont ecaxtly know how much power im doing, i was on drag radials, i was currently at 5 psi because i was till on stock injectors fuel pump and clutch.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by enriquetc
honestly i dont ecaxtly know how much power im doing, i was on drag radials, i was currently at 5 psi because i was till on stock injectors fuel pump and clutch.

Ironically, I was looking up slicks and drag radials today. What size, brand radials where you using? Are they mounted on your stock rims?

Quick Reply: Where are the SC and Stage 0 1/4 mile times?