Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

who has an ebay turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 10:47 PM

Default who has an ebay turbo kit?

ive seen ebay stores sell turbo kits for $1000. i read a review on one of them sayin that all parts were there except the turbo. IMO that seems like a good deal. only think about the kit was the downpipe had to be modified in order to fit. so u think 1000 for pipes, intercooler, bov, wastegate, hardware. an extra say 1500 for turbo, downpipe, and e-manage. good deal?? yes or no. im gonna do anything i can to stay away from buyin a turbo on ebay but for 1000 yucks who here would take that chance?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mean i wouldnt take a chance, the car is like a baby , take care of it , buy it quality stuff, not cheap things it will save you money in the long run trust me im sure everyone will tell you. As for ebay turbo kit piping should be ok but the wastegate and bov and turbo i would buy seperate.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I heard some terrible fitment issues with ebay piping and stuff like that. I'd just get a legit kit.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by ValenciaS
I mean i wouldnt take a chance, the car is like a baby , take care of it , buy it quality stuff, not cheap things it will save you money in the long run trust me im sure everyone will tell you. As for ebay turbo kit piping should be ok but the wastegate and bov and turbo i would buy seperate.
i agree 100% ive only bought mods that i probably shouldnt have (very pricey, but top brands) as far as kits id like to have somethin that not everyone has. so i wanna put together my own. for 1 i cant afford a kit in its entirety, 2 i dont want one of the 3-4 kits every one has, and 3 i have the warrenty mod still so id like to piece somethin together and go with that
Old 11-09-2008, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

say no to ebay turbos. i wouldnt chance it
Old 11-09-2008, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dave2610
say no to ebay turbos. i wouldnt chance it
+eleventy billion and one

Unless you want to spend $3-400 every 1000mi if they even work that long haha. And I'm speaking from experience.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm rocking an Ebay Manifold and FMIC. Manifold has been re-welded for insurance. Fitment isn't bad but there is a small exhaust leak.

FMIC seems alright. but the piping will have to be customized to fit even though it specifically says it's for a Scion TC.

Just get a proven brand turbo/wastegate and you should be set with the rest. I have an Ebay turbo sitting in my garage and it's pretty much trash. It was spitting oil, the fins were scratching against the housing, etc. But I've said it before, those Ebay turboes are either hit or miss.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a reason that stuff is expensive...
Old 11-10-2008, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by indyTC
There is a reason that stuff is expensive...

you mean inexpensive.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have an EBAY kit! I didnt buy one of the kits but bought all my parts seprate from ebay. I had my buddy weld me a custome DP (The hardst thing) Ive been running 6psi with 2.5" turbo-back catless exhaust, 2.5" FMIC EBAY PIPING, EBAY INTERCOOLER, EBAY TURBO, EBAY MANIOLD EBAY BOV, EBAY WASTEGATE, EBAY EVERYTHING....My car runs great no problems at all....Will be upgrading to 8 psi with SP Racing 440cc injectors and Apexi Neo tune.....Recently "blew" my turbo - The seal blew out--no problems with shaft play or anything else. BUT IT WAS ONLY $150 Shipped!!!! Better than buying $1000+ turbo and having it blow out in 2-4 years any way. I could buy a new turbo every 6 months and it would still be cheaper than a "real" turbo..........Just watch who you buy from.....
Old 11-10-2008, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by johnhawkins
BUT IT WAS ONLY $150 Shipped!!!! Better than buying $1000+ turbo and having it blow out in 2-4 years any way. I could buy a new turbo every 6 months and it would still be cheaper than a "real" turbo
Class, how many $150 eBay turbo's do we think it takes to ruin an engine?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CDogbert
BUT IT WAS ONLY $150 Shipped!!!! Better than buying $1000+ turbo and having it blow out in 2-4 years any way. I could buy a new turbo every 6 months and it would still be cheaper than a "real" turbo
Class, how many $150 eBay turbo's do we think it takes to ruin an engine?
LOL ^ true, stay way from ebay
Old 11-10-2008, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

In before someone with cheap parts says to keep away from cheap eBay turbo kits.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CDogbert.....I think your in the wrong section - This is a FORCED INDUCTION thread......You belong in the N/A section. Dont forget to do your HOMEWORK.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive had an ebay turbo kit on my car for 3 years now. never once had any problems with it. the fitment and quality of all the parts was phenomenal. i love the fact that it was only $1,300, and now i can decimate evo's and sti's. i have sice put about 90,000 miles on it with only 3 oil changes, and it still runs great to this day. best bang for the buck.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

CDogbert.....I think your in the wrong section - This is a FORCED INDUCTION thread......You belong in the N/A section. Dont forget to do your HOMEWORK.
I guess you're in the wrong too, because you obviously didn't do your homework if you bought an ebay turbo kit.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive had an ebay turbo kit on my car for 3 years now. never once had any problems with it. the fitment and quality of all the parts was phenomenal. i love the fact that it was only $1,300, and now i can decimate evo's and sti's. i have sice put about 90,000 miles on it with only 3 oil changes, and it still runs great to this day. best bang for the buck.
brett561tc if yu have a ebay turbo kit how come your profile shows a peakboost kit? I would hardly call your set up a ebay setup. Yu have listed all ame brand pparts and have a picture of a killer manifold. Do you have a second setup somewhere or are you just yankig the OP's chain?
Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

He's joking. The
i have sice put about 90,000 miles on it with only 3 oil changes,
pretty much gives it away.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1vicissitude
brett561tc if yu have a ebay turbo kit how come your profile shows a peakboost kit? I would hardly call your set up a ebay setup. Yu have listed all ame brand pparts and have a picture of a killer manifold. Do you have a second setup somewhere or are you just yankig the OP's chain?
its for my other car. i drive a chevrolet movie theater.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hah hah... I was thinking somehw you picked your kit up from ebay used or something, was going to say good find. No need to be a dick about it. I just wanted to clarify so hopefully someone doesnt jump out and buy a ____ kit and think they can beat "evos and sti's" Some people obviously don't know not too.

Quick Reply: who has an ebay turbo kit?