Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

WHO HAS THIS KIT AND IS IT GOOD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyways after long and extensive time using this new tool that many ppl have pointed out to me " SEARCH" lol. i have ran into a conclusion but yet another speed bump. after throwing up on either getting the dezod s1 turbo kit and the TT stage 1 turbo kit im highly considering the dezod s1. many reasons. the recirculated dump they offer, same products and great reliability for a lil bit cheaper price. and its an overall lil smaller kit and looks awesome. what i mean by smaller is that with the TT kit i would have to relocate one or both of the radiator fans for clearance ( dont really want to do that) so im highly considering the Dezod s1 kit. now what about this guys? i want recirculated dump, im thinking of getting the 2000 black jet hot coating on the manifold, and the steel braided lines. im not upgrading the clutch right now cause my car is fairly new and im not gonna replace the clutch till it is absolutely necessary so im run stock clutch and flywheel. not gonna race it 24/7 anyways. and no ball bearing upgrade. sound like a possible good kit and power gain with 2.5 turbo back exhaust? what are yalls opinions on this decision?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:20 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly, i like the open dump, sounds crazy!

the radiator fans is really really really insanely easy. don't worry about that.

there are pros and cons for both kits, you can't even begin to compare them.

in the end you just pick the one that you like more.

personally, i like hte tt because todd has helped me out a bunch and his manifold is pretty

but then i'd also like the dezod because dezod has helped me out a bunch too. and their service is insane.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

really? hmm. well see im not exactly sure how to listen to the sound of open dump and recirculated dump never heard either lol. and yes very hard decision between the two kits. still leaning more towards the dezod kit though. cause im also afraid of the TT kits turbo manifold raising up to high and melting the paint right off my engine cover. cause i had my engine cover professionally painted and would like to keep it that way on my car with no problems. its still a show car too ya know.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kris5597
alright cool. so how awesome would it be to take off the HKS ssqv blow of valve and replace it with a goose. that would be awesome. and thats completely random lol. o yea and stupid.
I wasn't even gonna post in here till I read that!

um...yeah, dezod is great, but if this is a show car, you should deffinatley go with the TT cause the tubular EL mani looks SICK! If you wanna save money, TT has a log style kit as well similar to the Dezod.

But one question...why do you want to recirc your WG? It only opens up at full boost, so it's not like your gonna be doing that around cops, so it's not an "It's to loud...gonna get pulled over" issue.

Just so you know, I have a TT kit, open dump, catless exhaust and no resonators.
You can see pics and dynos here, but just so you know, i have the older manifold and older IC pipes...new one has lower manifold and higher IC pipes:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...084&highlight=
Old 07-06-2008, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i know its just a very hard decision to choose. yet another thing im having problems on choosing what to go with. i hate this so much. had to go through it with exhaust, springs, and every other thing with my car. now turbo. lol wish it was easier to make a decision. i love the TT and i love the dezod kit. and see i didnt know that so now im considering the open dump. of course where does the open dump run on the TT and the dezod kit? would rather the dump shoot out the bottom of my car not all over the engine or oil pan or anything like that. ya know.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Open dump on dezod shoots all over the place! my TT open dump has a tube putting it down under the engine bay...but any exhaust shop should be able to make you a dump tube for either kit.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

really? see didnt know that about the dezod kit. and yea thats cool about the TT. yea i would def have the dump going down past the engine to the ground. and yea if i went with the dezod i would prob go with the recirculated dump but if i went with the TT kit i would of course have the open dump with the tube low. idk like i said very difficult decision. what would everybody recommend? TT stage 1 kit or the Dezod s1 kit?
Old 07-07-2008, 03:59 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love the sound of open dump, it sounds like my turbo spooling but at a louder faster rate.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Please let me know if I can clarify anything you may want to know about our kit. We are the largest volume tC turbo kit on the market, and we have the longest production of it as well (3 years now)
Old 07-07-2008, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok dude thanks. i will consult you for info dude thanks.