Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

who makes the best turbo kit??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default who makes the best turbo kit??

:D
Old 04-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Not to start a war, I like the turbo toyotas kit
Old 04-12-2008, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like saying what's the best cereal... Most are made by only a handleful of companies but gazillions of different options...
Old 04-12-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Zero Point Industries

Scion Speed

LMFAO, hahaha

Those are ( not ) the best.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL, Brett, I knew this was a joke. I like Dezod for beginners and TurboToyotas for more power potential.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Old 04-12-2008, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

World Racing
Stripper Motorsports
ZPI
Scion Speed

definitely you best choices with the best availability and quickest shipping.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

u da man brett
Old 04-12-2008, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate you Brett

but heres my share...let the fun begin.

Best turbo kit based on these factors:

Highest Quality: based on fabrication and parts included in the kit:

TurboToyotas..........there isn't anyone close....they can try but I can say with 100% confidence that I am a long way ahead when it comes to this.

Best performance per dollar spent: ie return on investment

Turbotoyotas

Highest Volume sales:

Probably Dezod, but I dont know how many Turbonectics/Greddy kits are out there.

We will start there.

regards-

Todd
Old 04-12-2008, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this thread should get stickied cause this is probly the first post in the 4+ years that Ive been posting on this site where the OP has asked what the best turbo kit out there is for the tC
Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
I hate you Brett

TurboToyotas..........there isn't anyone close....they can try but I can say with 100% confidence that I am a long way ahead when it comes to this.

Turbotoyotas

Highest Volume sales:

Probably Dezod, but I dont know how many Turbonectics/Greddy kits are out there.

We will start there.

regards-

Todd
thats nice and all. but i'll be going green here soon. so i need a turbokit that runs on hippie love, rainbow magic, and hydrogen.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^
Old 04-13-2008, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ZPI hands down... best BANG for the buck!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

You all know nothing!!!!! Those ebay turbo kits for the tC OWN ALL!!! Highest qualty, ive seen some that have 800whp potential, kits come with turbo timers and boost contollers......

And all yours for 800-1000

I'm considering selling my bad F.ucking A.ss turbo toyotas kit with the "make the girls get low" manifold for one.. I messed up going with Todd according to ebay....

baaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa TT "can't touch this"

P.S.- Todd both of those quoted statements above should be used to describe your kits when selling... You will sell and sell..... Hahahaha thank you come again!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

todd i think the highest volume would probably be greddy just because it seems that everyone with a scion is cheap and they get drawn by the cheap appeal of the greddy.

quality though is deff todd, hands down, i cannot WAIT to get my kit
Old 04-14-2008, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
I hate you Brett

Turbotoyotas

Highest Volume sales:

We will start there.

regards-

Todd

Todd,

You can't speak 100% of quality yet, because you haven't had kits out as long as we have. We’ve sold many kits since 2005, and those all still run well. Your kits have been here for less than 2 years but they're somehow of higher quality? Does that mean they last longer than ours? We have cars with over 60k miles on them on our kits. They continue to run fine. The only failure on a kit with over 60k miles on it was due to an RC Injector failure, which no longer comes with our kits. I believe you still use RC Injectors which requires the end user to cut off their fuel injector clips and wire in their own. Ours are OEM quality Plug and Play injectors, with flow-charts on each injector included. I can't recall the last person that had cracked any of our parts.

We had a couple small QC issues with less than 5 downpipes. It led to a SLIGHT fitment problem. Others have spoken of fitment problems with your kits as well, so I guess we're even there. Our turbo manifolds do not break either. The welds are of the highest quality, and we have the manufacturing down to a science, so every manifold matches the last. We chose a log for reliability on the street, and for a faster spool up. Logs make more torque and give a better mid-range power band. The tubular manifolds are better for top-end where flow starts to get strained (for applications over 300whp).

The next one you say is for best performance for the dollar, rather than best performance. I say it's close and depends on the car and tune. We have more cars over 300whp at the base 8psi than anyone else in the Scion industry. Our bolt on kit on 07+'s makes over 300whp on almost every car it's been bolted on to. The 05+'s have been scattered, and so have yours. We've seen the power bands online, and so have you. I noticed that some owners at less boost still managed more midrange torque than your more expensive setup, so touche there . As far as for the money, the last post of the extreme kit, which I believe costs more, made less power than our base street kit. Your base street kit is selling less than a couple hundred dollars shy of our own. So for bang for the buck, I guess would be in the air.

I'm sorry to attack but honestly some of the stuff on here lately is pretty frustrating. You indiscreetly attack or question every thread we have, but have no problem having over 10 threads a day about your own product. I don't mind competition, or you having as many threads as you want. But when we have a thread, stop asking us what our turbo specs are and what works and what doesn't. Do the R&D yourself, and stop trying to take what we've done to figure out a less expensive angle. I've PM'd you asking to speak via phone, gave you my number, and told you when I was available. I try to be civil so we don't step on each other's toes, yet you refuse to speak professionally about the kits and Scion parts. Our goal is to develop the parts with unique features and benefits, and share resources. It hasn't been to make a kit cheaper and cheaper and cheaper. Yes you keep coming out with less expensive kits, but you're offering kits with no intercooler or EMS? You know about turbos, you should know that offering a turbo kit to a non-turbo'd car requires some type of engine management, and the necessary cooling.

Our kits cost more because we're just as concerned with the end-user's long term reliability as we are with our own kits. We do not cut necessary parts out because we know what it takes to offer a complete package that’s safe for long term use. ALL of our kits are track ready, with the necessary cooling upgrades (radiator for example). We play it safe, and develop things with the proper R&D necessary to provide quality product. We've been doing this for years and I think our kits speak for themselves. We're also the number 1 D17 turbo manufacturer in the industry.

I’m sorry to rant on another poster’s thread. This wasn’t a big enough deal for me or Dezod/Dezod West to post up an individual thread. When I see you say how superior your stuff is, it sent me over the edge. Keep in mind our turn time is less than two weeks on all kits, with shipping time included! Most kits go out within 3 days, depending on turbo choice.

Last but not least, I am not speaking for Paul or the guys from Dezod Motorsports. We work together but do not speak on each other’s behalf. I will leave it up to Paul to speak his own opinion, as it is separate from ours at Dezod West.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ouch...

I'm planning on going Dezod once I part out my Supercharger set up.

DEZOD FTW!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like this thread
Old 04-14-2008, 12:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for the thousands in attendance, and the millions viewing around the world...
Old 04-14-2008, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

LOL....at this thread.

Quick Reply: who makes the best turbo kit??