Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

who makes the best turbo kit??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, Joe, I was talking about TT having a booth there.
To answer a couple things, though, that latest TT kit i saw came with the deatchw (spelling?) injectors, same as Dezod, and TT offers kits' with our without management, just like Dezod does, for those who either already ahve an EMS or are going with something different.

And Joe..."Back on topic!"
that was a joke, right? Like this whole thread? It's a joke!
Shoulda been posted 2 weeks ago!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

haha obviously a joke thread, brett is bored and want to warm things up lol
Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
haha obviously a joke thread, brett is bored and want to warm things up lol
Exactly!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw the point of the thread in the beginning. I just needed to say something in response to Todd. It's been kinda rendundant lately.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thread... straight killer
Old 04-14-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread should never have to be posted lol. The idea is that a customer has a specific need. Through research, the most compatible system would be best.

It's never cut and dry where one kit is the best no matter what. There's always other conditions and stipulations.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the turbo tCs running on the race track at our show next month. Should be fun!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry to attack but honestly some of the stuff on here lately is pretty frustrating. You indiscreetly attack or question every thread we have, but have no problem having over 10 threads a day about your own product. I don't mind competition, or you having as many threads as you want. But when we have a thread, stop asking us what our turbo specs are and what works and what doesn't. Do the R&D yourself, and stop trying to take what we've done to figure out a less expensive angle. I've PM'd you asking to speak via phone, gave you my number, and told you when I was available. I try to be civil so we don't step on each other's toes, yet you refuse to speak professionally about the kits and Scion parts.

Granted.......

I have had no issues what so ever with DEZOD until the past few weeks...

It hasn't made it to the boards..until now.

We have potential customers who shops us both, its part of the business.

But when I get phone calls and emails from those potential customers who tell me when they ask you guys (not from you Joe....not yet, and I wouldn't think so at this point) about my stuff and they get this response:

"TT uses sub par manufacturing techniques and lower quality materials than we do"

"He is the new kid on the block offering nothing that we havent already done"

Strikes a nerve with me like no other.

So yes I have been a little more active when it comes to things I see on the boards when it comes to you guys. Im ____ed...not because your my competition, but because of the fact that if thats where you have to go to make the sale.

I dont ask questions for myself..you guys need to get over the fact that you think I am prying you for information. I have no need to copy you. There is no benefit for me to do so.

In the grand scheme of things you would be more inclined to copy me. As I have products you do not offer.

I get asked all the time about your stuff.....granted I know allot more about your stuff than most think. I have quite a few kits currently in my garage that I have disected to the point so I can pick apart your welding process. And not for the reasons you might think.

But I give a fair an honest answer, I do not have to go where you have gone to try and sell a kit.

Before I came out with the SIMPLE kit, I would recommend you guys to my customers because at the time what I had to offer was way too much.

My product and the quality of the product speaks for itself.

I take allot of pride in what I do and so do the guys that work for me.

We do not want to be the big kid on the block, the company that sells the most kits etc.

We just want to be the best at what we do...and currently we are.

The level of fabrication is on one that no other company in the Scion community is on and only exceeded by one in the Sport Compact commmunity as a whole. A level which once we implement a new process we will be on here shortly.

Does this change things probably not.......

Its just something I couldnt just sit and be quiet about.

This is the best line I have read in a long time:

The idea is that a customer has a specific need. Through research, the most compatible system would be best.
Even after all that I wrote.......Props Joe

End of rant..

-

Todd
Old 04-15-2008, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't want to bring this up untill Todd did, but I get alot of questions about the TT manifolds...recently I got a couple PMs from people who had talked to Paul and told me how Paul was putting down the TT manifolds.
I won't get into any specifics, but I just wanted to verify that what Todd was saying is true, and I don't think it's very sporting to be ******* other competitors like that.

But hey, that's competition, right?
Old 04-15-2008, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just hope that one day...

-There's no more love/hate with companies online. It's stirred up by customers more than anyone else.

-The kits are at mere benefit to the customer, and not to the company.

-Some of the companies here become the next AEM or HKS. That's my goal at least.

I take a lot of pride in my own work, which may not be much on the fabrication end. I like to be perfect with everything I do.

Hopefully we stick with good healthy competition to get better parts to the consumer. I have still yet to hear from you about the PM I sent though! Tag!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't seen or played with any of Todds manifolds so I can't speak to them. I argue about the design benefit of EACH one, not just ours. I know I'm not being brought up here, but I would like to clear up my end in case my name every gets brought up.

Logs spool quicker and are known for mid-range torque. The tubular manfolds do flow better at higher boost and rpms. There is a benefit for both manifold designs, and my customers know that.

Maybe we can do a shootout of company parts down the road, being that we're both local. I just don't have that capacity yet lol.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TT FTW! yeah, Dezod has been around longer, but that doesn't mean thier kits are higher quality, does it? i have seen both kits in person, and TT has the quality factor IMO. its just straight baller
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i respect both meaning the end links for my sway bars will be bought through Dezod and my kit and motor mounts will be bought through TT(thanks for helping the Scion community with both of your guys products)...my only question is...does Dezod have a plan to make a EL manifold?
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
Originally Posted by SHDWtC
As far as i can see TT is more customizable (pre-order) so it would probably be more difficult to keep that many parts in stock seeing as how almost every kit is different according to what the customer desires. This is of course after hearing EVERY option possible and hearing an IMMENSE amount of advice to help choose the right components to make the customer the most happy.
Just to play devils advocate, you can fully customize a Dezod kit as well.

Choice of Engine Management
Choice of Turbo Size
Choice of SS or Aluminum Intercooler
Choice of Intercooler Size
Choice of Injectors Size be it 550 or larger

The list goes on and on, its all about what the user wants. I talked hours, no probably Days with Paul_Dezod on what I wanted when I ordered my kit. You can customize any kit, just have to pony up the dollar bills!
i have a HUGE issue with this post and infact i was going to make a joke post untill i read this.

If you took the time to to navigate TT's site you would see you have all these choices aside for the SS ic piping. Just because it's not on some flashy website doesn't mean it isn't offered. Now you have a great kit mighty and i could see why you wouldn't need to navigate the website. What isn't on the site is offered by Todd himself. You don't order off his site. you order from him, one man. not a web site.

Joe, Paul and, Enq.... i don't know how to spell it. Offer a HUGE product base on a website. But when i was researching into my kit Paul honestly treated me like crap. He also lost a customer for it.

It's not what your website can show your customer it's what you as a Person can offer their customer. When you talk to todd you talk to somone who doesn't want your money if you can't afford it. When you talk to Dezod you get the feeling they want nothign to do with you and without CC numbers you're wasting their time.

As for all your tech support paul and being able to answer PM's and Emails within hours. Well i would hope you could when you have triple the staff turbo toyotas does.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

One more thing i've seen cracked Dezod manifolds. I've yet to see cracked TT mani's. Plus if you did crack a TT mani guess what. Lifetime warrenty.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
But when i was researching into my kit Paul honestly treated me like crap. He also lost a customer for it.

x2!

i had a few questions....treated me like i was wasting his time.... if Dezod was my only option, i would honestly change my mind about boosting my car.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I have to add that I have dealt with Joe and have spoken to him for quite awhile on the phone. He is great to deal with and a great help.

I won't say that I haven't taken a couple digs at dezod here and there, but the only time I have gotten unprofesional responses about them have NOT been from Joe.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

omg where can i buy a zpi kit, i hear they have great customer service
Old 04-15-2008, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I didn't want to bring this up untill Todd did, but I get alot of questions about the TT manifolds...recently I got a couple PMs from people who had talked to Paul and told me how Paul was putting down the TT manifolds.
I won't get into any specifics, but I just wanted to verify that what Todd was saying is true, and I don't think it's very sporting to be ******* other competitors like that.

But hey, that's competition, right?

Personally, none of the kits are "The Best". I'm not putting down any of the kit makers, but out of preference, my 2 cents would be that:

- Have yet to see a TT manifold that I actually thought was nice.

- Dezod......well.....it's Dezod, I'm pretty sure we ALL know how many times I bump heads with Paul on certain things. BUT, I can't say anything bad about their kits, except that I will never have one on my car... That's not from a mechanical standpoint, but just a personal one. No offense to anyone.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so then, rhythm, which kit do YOU think is the best?...
Old 04-15-2008, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
so then, rhythm, which kit do YOU think is the best?...
zpi
turbochargers.com
scionspeed?
its on the first page meaty! haha i was out for like 12hrs and i missed this drama..

Quick Reply: who makes the best turbo kit??