Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

who makes the best turbo kit??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
"TT uses sub par manufacturing techniques and lower quality materials than we do"

"He is the new kid on the block offering nothing that we havent already done"

My product and the quality of the product speaks for itself.

I take allot of pride in what I do and so do the guys that work for me.

Todd
Ya know Todd, I constantly monitor calls here, and listen to some of the people answering questions, and no one has EVER doubted the quality of your products. THAT, is actually quite amusing considering we use a lot of the same materials. So I think someone is blowing smoke up your arss there bud. That comment just makes me laugh actually.

Let's not forget about the telephone game though. You have ZERO proof of that ever being said on this end. You are merely going off of the telephone game. If you recall how that was in grammar school: It's when someone whispers something to someone, then it gets passed on through 10-30 people and by the time it gets to the last person it's completely different. As a matter of fact, I monitored one of Enrique's calls last week, and this guy got kinda huffy about the backorder of the part from the manufacturer. Enrique said "The company has had some issues due to a machine that went down and they are playing catch-up. I can offer you to hold the back order or you can cancel the order..." The customer asked for his supervisor, and he proceeded to tell me that "Enrique told him there is nothing he can do for him, and he said I had to speak to his supervisor to get anything accomplished..." I WAS LISTENING TO THE ENTIRE CALL!! So unless you have heard it first hand, I would not believe everything you hear.

Also, we have received numerous calls from your customers with fitment issues, tuning issues, delays on products etc. Todd, if you do not want these people calling and complaining to us, please step the game up then. Simple as that! I am more than willing to help ANY Scion customer regardless of who they are, but someone who wants to tie up our lines to talk poop about the company they purchased their parts from leaves us in a tricky spot because the customer starts asking well have you heard about this with their stuff, have you seen this with their stuff etc...If we answer that we have seen documentation of this, we are instantly guilty and now are subject to the telephone game and rumors starting.

Your one customer who made 314whp that went to Shawn Church called me up asking me what I thought the issue was on his car, and I told him flat out it was the intake pipe diameter, and I told him to contact him about getting a new one. Did I say anything negative? No! Did I bash you? No! Yet, we assisted your customer and did your R&D for you. You openly admitted to having him do the R&D for you on the system as a whole in the thread. (I do not care to find your post, but I read it clear as day)

Let's face the facts of the second comment about you being the new kid on the block. That is quite true. I have never heard that said here, but let's face it. You are the newest face to the game. Getting a few years of solid manufacturing and production under your wing along with the 1/3 of the amount of kits we have sold and roads we have been down will taper you out of that realm. It is tough being new, and we where in the same boat when we came out. So, I know EXACTLY how you are feeling.

So, in conclusion, you DO take some pride in your products. I do see the effort in fabrication for sure. The weld quality seems there on most of the pieces I have seen. I do think your pieces are quite visually appealing, but to come off and say your pieces are superior with no rhyme or reason or facts to back it up, it just as good as me saying I am the president of the united states. It makes no sense, it's outlandish and quite actually down-right humorous! I personally and most of the staff here have no bad blood about you Todd. I think you are on to something, and might be even better with some more testing and R&D on YOUR end, and not your customers....Overall, we come in peace.

Edit: FYI- don't waste your time reverse engineering. Be original, be individualistic. We did not reverse engineer anybody's parts when making any of these turbo kits! Doing your own thing, progressing forward and never looking back is what it's all about.

END OF RANT
Old 04-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin

Joe, Paul and, Enq.... i don't know how to spell it. Offer a HUGE product base on a website. But when i was researching into my kit Paul honestly treated me like crap. He also lost a customer for it.

It's not what your website can show your customer it's what you as a Person can offer their customer. When you talk to todd you talk to somone who doesn't want your money if you can't afford it. When you talk to Dezod you get the feeling they want nothign to do with you and without CC numbers you're wasting their time.

As for all your tech support paul and being able to answer PM's and Emails within hours. Well i would hope you could when you have triple the staff turbo toyotas does.
THIS is absolutely not true, and if you had received this impression, you are horribly mistaken. I spend about 40% of my day speaking to customers who have never bought one item form us and just want tech support, or just want ideas for a build, or just plain outright want to chat etc.....I spend so much time with emails, PMs and these phone calls it's crazy! So anyone else who has ever dealt with me or this company knows otherwise. I try to keep idle chat to a minimum due to the fact that sooo many people require my attention, which makes it tough sometime to keep EVERYONE pleased. I apologize if this was the case.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by huffy501
But when i was researching into my kit Paul honestly treated me like crap. He also lost a customer for it.

x2!

i had a few questions....treated me like i was wasting his time.... if Dezod was my only option, i would honestly change my mind about boosting my car.
this whole thread has been entertaining and all, but i'll have to object to you guys. i called them about their fuel pump & install kit and eventually didnt end up buying it from them because i found it elsewhere. i think it was paul that i was speaking to, but i was having fitment issues when trying to install it and gave him a call to see if he could help me out. he was sitting there going through the install kit with me to make sure all the components were there knowing that i didnt make the purchase from them. on a side note, it still hasnt been installed since i havent had the time to do so . i have no experience with TT or todd, but i will say their mani's look great.

but from a business standpoint, you can't satisfy every single customer, esp. if you catered to the volume dezod has. every company will have a disgruntled customer about something. nobody's perfect.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

- Dezod......well.....it's Dezod, I'm pretty sure we ALL know how many times I bump heads with Paul on certain things. BUT, I can't say anything bad about their kits, except that I will never have one on my car... That's not from a mechanical standpoint, but just a personal one. No offense to anyone.
Nothin but love Travis, despite our mishaps on threads man.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
Originally Posted by huffy501
But when i was researching into my kit Paul honestly treated me like crap. He also lost a customer for it.

x2!

i had a few questions....treated me like i was wasting his time.... if Dezod was my only option, i would honestly change my mind about boosting my car.
this whole thread has been entertaining and all, but i'll have to object to you guys. i called them about their fuel pump & install kit and eventually didnt end up buying it from them because i found it elsewhere. i think it was paul that i was speaking to, but i was having fitment issues when trying to install it and gave him a call to see if he could help me out. he was sitting there going through the install kit with me to make sure all the components were there knowing that i didnt make the purchase from them. on a side note, it still hasnt been installed since i havent had the time to do so . i have no experience with TT or todd, but i will say their mani's look great.

but from a business standpoint, you can't satisfy every single customer, esp. if you catered to the volume dezod has. every company will have a disgruntled customer about something. nobody's perfect.
Someone understands that I receive 70 emails min personally EVERYDAY, plus an full PM box on here every 2-3 days AND not counting any other emails I get throughout the day on top of well....the phone calls I get too. It's not easy esp when I am working 10 hour days as it is with minimal lunch. Answering calls while I am eating.....It's nuts!!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Well, I have to add that I have dealt with Joe and have spoken to him for quite awhile on the phone. He is great to deal with and a great help.

I won't say that I haven't taken a couple digs at dezod here and there, but the only time I have gotten unprofesional responses about them have NOT been from Joe.
I know I have helped you here and there when you needed my help.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I decided to go TT because Todd took his time to talk with me on a personal level, rather than a customer level. He took the time out of his day to give me offers, advice and suggestions. I was set on Dezod ever since Zach Fitzgibbons had his kit (same time as Joe was putting together the DEA kit). There is no point in argueing about build quality. Each has advantages, each has disadvantages. Both Dezod and TT kits have ben proven to put down better numbers than everything else out there.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Joe, Paul and, Enq.... i don't know how to spell it. Offer a HUGE product base on a website. But when i was researching into my kit Paul honestly treated me like crap. He also lost a customer for it.

It's not what your website can show your customer it's what you as a Person can offer their customer. When you talk to todd you talk to somone who doesn't want your money if you can't afford it. When you talk to Dezod you get the feeling they want nothign to do with you and without CC numbers you're wasting their time.

As for all your tech support paul and being able to answer PM's and Emails within hours. Well i would hope you could when you have triple the staff turbo toyotas does.
THIS is absolutely not true, and if you had received this impression, you are horribly mistaken. I spend about 40% of my day speaking to customers who have never bought one item form us and just want tech support, or just want ideas for a build, or just plain outright want to chat etc.....I spend so much time with emails, PMs and these phone calls it's crazy! So anyone else who has ever dealt with me or this company knows otherwise. I try to keep idle chat to a minimum due to the fact that sooo many people require my attention, which makes it tough sometime to keep EVERYONE pleased. I apologize if this was the case.
Well i hope if i ever deal with dezod again you will prove i got the wrong impression.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Well i hope if i ever deal with dezod again you will prove i got the wrong impression.
Absolutely man. It's tough to provide the same service to like 100 people or more each day between all mediums of communication and still service the serious clients as well as the "tire kickers" with all of the information they need to make an educated decision.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Banned
SL Member

Besides wrong impressions..I believe DEZOD might be winning this thread they make some good points. Plus I just visited there website a few minutes ago and it seems more organized and user friendly compared to TT which is whyindustries. However when I search other websites, they claim that TT has more potential power gains so yea..bump
Old 04-15-2008, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
so then, rhythm, which kit do YOU think is the best?...

None of them. It's about who's got the biggest to make the best of whatever kit he choose. If I went to Jo-Blow's shop, and had a kit built, it came out to be the fastest street driven tC, then I would be the best, and the kit would be a Jo-Blow kit. But being the BEST kit all has to do with how much money you willing to throw into making the kit and your car into what you want it to be.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Someone understands that I receive 70 emails min personally EVERYDAY, plus an full PM box on here every 2-3 days AND not counting any other emails I get throughout the day on top of well....the phone calls I get too. It's not easy esp when I am working 10 hour days as it is with minimal lunch. Answering calls while I am eating.....It's nuts!!
i really don't want to get into this but this post kind of upset me. Are you seriously complaining that you get a ton of calls? Thats your business and it should come with the territory.

I've been in contact with both companies for sponsorship opportunities and when it came down to the wire, i was denied from dezod because i had dealt with kenny the previous year. I had no longer been dealing with him and used him as a reference. This kind of left a sour taste in my mouth as the sole reason i was denied is because i dealt with kenny. In fact they offered it to me than pulled it which i was upset about. in any case that should not reflect poorly on dezod, just reflects poorly with our relationship. I've dealt with todd as well and todd has been nothing but nice, i get updates occasionally and he has been a pleasure to talk to.

As far as quality, i have no rock to stand on so to speak. i've only seen their kits, they seem to use the majority of the same materials so its all a matter of application. I think todds had some fitment issues and thats fine, i don't know of any turbo company that hasn't in their first year of business with any automobile.

I'm not going to say which one people should buy because i have never had dezods kit on my car and dont have todds kit yet. Thats all i'll say. Guess it was just upsetting that an employee of dezod was complaining about answering calls and missing lunch.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
omg where can i buy a zpi kit, i hear they have great customer service
That was a joke! HA! I like that one!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just want to know when Treadstone, Greddy and T-Netics are gonna chime in on this thread...

Old 04-15-2008, 03:40 PM

i'm going with my turbonetics t3/t4 turbo kit.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With my experience w/ Paul and Dezod in general its been extraordinary... When I first ordered my kit, I had 4 million questions on add-on to it... Whether I called him or emailed him, I received a timely reply... And I never felt like just another customer... He never tried pushing a product or just giving me some lamo answer, he went extremely in depth about things...

I did speak w/ Enrique once, but don't recall why... Might have been the fuel pump, that I ended up purchasing from them... He didnt leave me questioning their customer service, and to me he handled my questions quite well...

I will continue to purchase my items from there, and continue to pick at Dezods head for info!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster

i really don't want to get into this but this post kind of upset me. Are you seriously complaining that you get a ton of calls? Thats your business and it should come with the territory.

I've been in contact with both companies for sponsorship opportunities and when it came down to the wire, i was denied from dezod because i had dealt with kenny the previous year. I had no longer been dealing with him and used him as a reference. This kind of left a sour taste in my mouth as the sole reason i was denied is because i dealt with kenny. In fact they offered it to me than pulled it which i was upset about. in any case that should not reflect poorly on dezod, just reflects poorly with our relationship. I've dealt with todd as well and todd has been nothing but nice, i get updates occasionally and he has been a pleasure to talk to.

As far as quality, i have no rock to stand on so to speak. i've only seen their kits, they seem to use the majority of the same materials so its all a matter of application. I think todds had some fitment issues and thats fine, i don't know of any turbo company that hasn't in their first year of business with any automobile.

I'm not going to say which one people should buy because i have never had dezods kit on my car and dont have todds kit yet. Thats all i'll say. Guess it was just upsetting that an employee of dezod was complaining about answering calls and missing lunch.
LOL I was not complaining about getting too many calls, emails or anything! I was merely stating that I have a VERY busy day along with QC, Supplier Relations etc....I try to share all of my time equally with everyone and juggle responsibilities accordingly.

I am just eliminating the possibility of rumor and speculation that I neglect customers, and sit at my desk doign nothing but blowing people off.

Lastly, with respect to the sponsorship, surely you do understand that it was a conflict in interest and that is why we did not offer it to you, not to mention we are booked solid on sponsorships at this time.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
I've been in contact with both companies for sponsorship opportunities and when it came down to the wire, i was denied from dezod because i had dealt with kenny the previous year. I had no longer been dealing with him and used him as a reference. This kind of left a sour taste in my mouth as the sole reason i was denied is because i dealt with kenny. In fact they offered it to me than pulled it which i was upset about. in any case that should not reflect poorly on dezod, just reflects poorly with our relationship.

If you talk to Kenny, the feeling is mutual on his end. He won't touch a car that has a Dezod stamp of approval on it...
Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...I am just eliminating the possibility of rumor and speculation that I neglect customers, and sit at my desk doign nothing but blowing people off.
That's what I do all day, which is why I have so much time for Scion Life!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL I was not complaining about getting too many calls, emails or anything! I was merely stating that I have a VERY busy day along with QC, Supplier Relations etc....I try to share all of my time equally with everyone and juggle responsibilities accordingly.

I am just eliminating the possibility of rumor and speculation that I neglect customers, and sit at my desk doign nothing but blowing people off.

Lastly, with respect to the sponsorship, surely you do understand that it was a conflict in interest and that is why we did not offer it to you, not to mention we are booked solid on sponsorships at this time.
- i was never instigating that at all, in fact i respect that, i think that when you're swamped with your calls it shows you're doing good business, but i think some people get annoyed with them i'm glad to see you're not one of them. at all! i was never speculating that you hate dealing with people you've been kind to me i was never going to start that rumor thats not who i am (contrary to popular belief)

- as far as the sponsorship goes, i guess..... i mean this really isn't the place to get into it but there was a reason i separated from kenny, i did that and pursued you. as far as the booked solid on sponsorships, meh, i sent it over 7 months ago (after you got back from SEMA) and i remember exchanging emails quite often with you. Thats fine i understand but as far as a conflict of interest i would disagree as i separated from him. god i make it sound like a bad gf lol.

no hard feelings, like i said you were good to me until you bent me over like a poor beaten step child but its all good.

Quick Reply: who makes the best turbo kit??