Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

who makes the best turbo kit??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Brett you should be shot for this post.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2
Old 04-15-2008, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im dont know too much about dezod's cus. serv. but my exp with todd hasnt been great. i havent bought from dezod but have asked them a few questions on products they sell which were answered quite prompt. todd did too until i bought his kit. pretty much every email/pm i've sent todd has gone unanswered since i've bought the kit. i dont know if he checks his emails but i know hes read my pms, until one day i finally called him out on it for why he doesnt answer my messages. he says he doesnt always get to answer them as fast he would like. i guess he didnt have time to answer any of the emails/pms in the past month that i've sent him? so far nothing has been on time for when he says things would be done. first package sent 2 weeks after when said it would be sent. three weeks ago was told mani and dp-spipe were done and just waiting on charge-pipes to get back from powdercoaters. then a couple days ago told my mani/dp will be done this week(??thought they were done??). im pretty much to the point of given up with when i'll actually get the rest of my kit and now with the i'll get it when i get it attitude

at first it was a hard choice between Dezod or TT, both made great numbers but i chose TT for their badass mani, now im starting to regret my decision
Old 04-15-2008, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

^^once u put ur kit on im sure ull feel totally different!! LOL
Old 04-15-2008, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^x2
Old 04-15-2008, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like dezods customer service ALOT. they put up with my impatience especially paul. he was very kind the whole way even after the kit was shipped which was yesterday. lol.

nice looking kit aswell.

Brett561 whats ur number i need to call u about install this weekend if possible.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by 05-RS1
Originally Posted by huffy501
Originally Posted by Syldrin
But when i was researching into my kit Paul honestly treated me like crap. He also lost a customer for it.

x2!

i had a few questions....treated me like i was wasting his time.... if Dezod was my only option, i would honestly change my mind about boosting my car.
this whole thread has been entertaining and all, but i'll have to object to you guys. i called them about their fuel pump & install kit and eventually didnt end up buying it from them because i found it elsewhere. i think it was paul that i was speaking to, but i was having fitment issues when trying to install it and gave him a call to see if he could help me out. he was sitting there going through the install kit with me to make sure all the components were there knowing that i didnt make the purchase from them. on a side note, it still hasnt been installed since i havent had the time to do so . i have no experience with TT or todd, but i will say their mani's look great.

but from a business standpoint, you can't satisfy every single customer, esp. if you catered to the volume dezod has. every company will have a disgruntled customer about something. nobody's perfect.
Someone understands that I receive 70 emails min personally EVERYDAY, plus an full PM box on here every 2-3 days AND not counting any other emails I get throughout the day on top of well....the phone calls I get too. It's not easy esp when I am working 10 hour days as it is with minimal lunch. Answering calls while I am eating.....It's nuts!!

I realize you cant satisfy every single customer, but there is NO reason to treat a potential new customer with disrespect like I was treated. There is a difference between keeping a customer satisfied and being rude to customer.

I understand you spend most your day on the phone talking.....I am in the same boat.

Im 22 years old and run a multi-million dollar sheet metal fabrication business that my father started just 6 years ago. I probably receive, on average, 50 phone calls a day!! I drive back and forth between the shop, job sites, and industrial plants all day. Going to look at this job to make sure its up to par, get this call and have to drive WAY out to Remington Ammunition Plant to meet with Mr. such and such to look at this job and give them a quote.... Yea by the end of my day im ready to bash my head into the wall, but no matter how stressful my day is i am NEVER rude to a customer.

You have your good days and your bad. Maybe i caught you on a bad day.... All i know is this. My very first experience with Dezod via the telephone was a very sour one. Where my questions answered? Yes, but with disgruntled, irritated, disrespectful tone of voice that was precluded with a sigh.

And for that, you lost my business. I am sure you are a great guy on a personal level, and i mean no disprespect. I am not talking trash about you or Dezod. Just simply leaving you my feedback since I only know you on a "business" level.

Both you guys, TT and Dezod, are doing GREAT things for the Scion community, and I hope you guys can continue in a peaceful manner.

END RANT ON BAD BUSINESS
-Chris Huff
Old 04-15-2008, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...you KNOW he means business if he signed his name and everything!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya seriously .. anyway i have nothing bad to say about dezod.. yet .. and never will.. i hope...
Old 04-15-2008, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-15-2008, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

how does "signing my name and everything" give you the impression i mean business? Im just giving my view from a fellow business owner perspective. So if you do not own your own business, then i do not expect you to know how stressful a usual day at work can be. So thanks for the nieve comment Mr. Meaty.

All the calls, emails, pm's....their all part of the "own your own business" deal. If you cant take the heat then get the f*ck out! simply stated!!! Bad day or not Im never rude to anyone who is undeserving.

and ill sign it again

-Chris mother f*ckin' Huff
Old 04-15-2008, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mr. Huff must be having a bad day...
Old 04-15-2008, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow...

Miss the thread for a day and it explodes!

This time I don't have much to say, which is good I guess. I know Paul handles much more volume than I do. I'm still trying to get my name out there on the west coast.

Hopefully some who question our customer service will be able to meet us at the Dezod Desert Showdown on the 31st. We have been working like crazy to make this a very enjoyable event. I can't give out too many details, but expect this event to be killer.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr Meaty
Mr. Huff must be having a bad day...
no i just think sarcasm is childish jibber jabber
Old 04-15-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe someone's just to young to be running his own business...

c'mon Mr. 24 posts! If you had been on these boards for any lenght of time you'd know I was just pulling your chain.
That "signing your name and everything" was a joke directed towards Java who did the same thing, trying to act all serious and stuff! Just relax dude. What the hell do you care if I mentioned that you signed your name? It wasn't even directed at you. I'm sorry you werent' in on the joke.
Now go pick a company and get boosted already!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oops...just noticed your sig...guess you have already picked who your going with...welcome to the dark side!

Now go buy yourself a sense of humor!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gotcha, well sorry if i came off as an ahole, thought you directed it toward me

be easy on my 24 posts. i bought the car telling myself i wont mod it... i made it 22k miles. im proud to have 24 posts and a TT kit on the way!!

Dark side eh? glad i made the right choice, thanks for the welcome!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ummmmm. This post proves only one thing. That while todd is hard at work making the best manifolds and setups on the market the DEZOD people have nothing better to do. It seems like they sit on the forums all day bashing todd. Todd makes what you want. Say you want something to make your mom pray for your safety you got that. say you wanted a little more power for the daily he can do that. say you wanted anything im sure he would help you no matter what. I have been watching this tread and it is lame. Some one should lock it up before we have to settle this on the track. todd builds a car dezod builds a car see who lays down the faster laps. also dezod for the win cause log manifolds look like well a log of shiiiiiiiiiit. Ok and im done
Old 04-16-2008, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Wow. Thats all I really need to say.

I back both companies, although I did have a Dezod kit. Both companies have positives and negatives, thats all there is to it, lets leave it at that.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn, 22K with no mods? I didnt' make it 2 miles!
but your gonna LOVE your TT kit! which one did you get?

Quick Reply: who makes the best turbo kit??