Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Will you be attending any Time Attack event this year?
YES!
74.42%
NO
25.58%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

WORLD Racing 2009 AWD tC

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can't wait to see the final outcomes of a awd tc !
Old 02-27-2009, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can you guys please please sell a conversion kit ? since you guys are already doing this ? that would be bad ___ id love an awd tc with boost= poor mans sti. or could you at least take pics of all the little details ? so some one can have reference of this later down the road ?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn sick project. In for progress and pics
Old 02-27-2009, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
can you guys please please sell a conversion kit ? since you guys are already doing this ? that would be bad butt id love an awd tc with boost= poor mans sti. or could you at least take pics of all the little details ? so some one can have reference of this later down the road ?

Poor mans Sti lol

You could prolly buy 3-4 sti's for what this is costing World Racing. .
Old 02-27-2009, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

Issues with making a tC AWD is that you will have to cut down the middle to run the driveshaft, once you do this you will have to put in a roll cage to maintain structural intergrity. So as far as them selling a kit, i don't think it would be profitable.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya but if they could sell the mounts they use and just sell everything included or at least tell us what they bought to make it work than it would be cool. id like to buy a frame with out a motor or just see if i can buy a tc for cheap at a police auction or theft recovered one for cheap and use it as a project. i could have something to reffer back to.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With the amount being spent on the AWD tC...you can buy like 12 tC's. Trust.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Poor mans STi = WRX.

There is no way in hell you're buying a tC for $18,000, converting it to AWD and turboing it for only $6,000.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

....You'll be lucky to get a turbo/tune on a reliable kit for $6000.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

Idea would be great but in real world just not worth it. All we can do is leave it up 2 these big money shops to make these hott tc's lol.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everything on this tc is custom trust me...
Old 02-28-2009, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

In for the technical knowledge.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
does everyone on here have shops do all there work ? i have been welding for the last 5 years and just finishing up my second year to get my aas degree in welding and automotive. so cutting and welding is cake for me. also the tc shares from the caldina and they come awd. so maybe if most of it bolts in and just some minor stuff has to be done to move the motor around it could be worth it. i dont see were i said i would do it for 6 grand either. ive done k swaps on Honda cars and those take some time. i have also converted a fwd turbo eclipse to awd . it took more effort time and money but it was worth it. depends on everything that goes into this. im sure this company is going all out on it and a lot of the parts would not be needed if i replicated this build. and im talking bout the full out racing set up. i would be more comfortable with a street awd set up. im just looking for something as a project, i was looking into buying an xa so i can swap a 2zz into it. this is cool though..
Old 02-28-2009, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

does everyone on here have shops do all there work ? i have been welding for the last 5 years and just finishing up my second year to get my aas degree in welding and automotive. so cutting and welding is cake for me. also the tc shares from the caldina and they come awd. so maybe if most of it bolts in and just some minor stuff has to be done to move the motor around it could be worth it. i dont see were i said i would do it for 6 grand either. ive done k swaps on Honda cars and those take some time. i have also converted a fwd turbo eclipse to awd . it took more effort time and money but it was worth it. depends on everything that goes into this. im sure this company is going all out on it and a lot of the parts would not be needed if i replicated this build. and im talking bout the full out racing set up. i would be more comfortable with a street awd set up. im just looking for something as a project, i was looking into buying an xa so i can swap a 2zz into it. this is cool though..
I think what some may have been reffering to is the price of an STi about $24k used. Not to mention your FWD Eclipse into AWD has no comparison since the car did in fact come in an AWD model. So the car's frame was designed to handle it. I looked into a custom gear box for the tc, its was gonna cost about $20K, so I assume an AWD setup has to be double.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Why did you quote me? I'm confused.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cause im in for the technical knowledge too. im just saying id just like to see were this gos and if its doable and for how much. i know world racing will put more money into it but there is an awd car the tc's chassis are designed after. im just curious. what i meant in the first post was that if they were going to use caldina parts if they could just give us a list of what they have done. but im sure we will see as it goes.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the list is a secret trust me i tried they say everything is custom so as for people not to ask for a conversion kit
Old 03-01-2009, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 03-01-2009, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

cause im in for the technical knowledge too. im just saying id just like to see were this gos and if its doable and for how much. i know world racing will put more money into it but there is an awd car the tc's chassis are designed after. im just curious. what i meant in the first post was that if they were going to use caldina parts if they could just give us a list of what they have done. but im sure we will see as it goes.
Gotcha.

Quick Reply: WORLD Racing 2009 AWD tC