Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

WORLD Racing 2009 off season

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:18 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
i wonder how a tC would handle with 18x12 rims...
we are on 18x10.5. you will have big strain on suspension components
Old 03-01-2009, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anything stock on your guys suspension ?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 03-01-2009, 04:54 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
Yes, we still focus on using factory front & rear arms, subframes, uprights, wheel bearings, & swaybar links. We will be upgrading from our JIC coilvers with Eibach springs to PENSKE Racing Struts w/ Eibach Springs.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:00 AM
SL Member

Old 03-01-2009, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what bout wheel bearings and tie rod ends ?
Old 03-01-2009, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are those fenders off the chris rado wide body ? front bumper ?
Old 03-01-2009, 05:17 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by TY_DESCENDANT
Yes, we still focus on using factory front & rear arms, subframes, uprights, wheel bearings, & swaybar links. We will be upgrading from our JIC coilvers with Eibach springs to PENSKE Racing Struts w/ Eibach Springs.
Stock rod ends front and rear. We may go with some custom spiracle rod ends just for "baller style" in the rear on the TOW arm[/u]
Old 03-01-2009, 05:22 AM
SL Member

are those fenders off the chris rado wide body ? front bumper ?
Sorry I don't understand the question?

for sale

Old 03-01-2009, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much for the bumper and fenders? Would look sick on a FI car...
Old 03-01-2009, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
Originally Posted by Rob_DESCENDANT
EZer on the eye's...

Rob & Ty,

You need to update your schedule for August 29-30. Unfortunately, Redline is no longer running the NJMP track that weekend. The deal feel through with NJMP and they got the short end of the stick. The venue is still on that weekend but was moved to a grassroot track at englishtown, NJ. Here's the current schedule.

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index-5.html

Everyone's been complaining about running the less than safe Englishtown track on www.timeattackforums.com, but it's really up to nick and chris from redline to see if they can try to secure another track. Just wanted to let you guys know so you don't show up at the wrong track.

MrC
whats going on w/ the englishtown track not being safe?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 AM
SL Member

Im not too sure actually. Never heard that nor have we (WORLD Racing) ever raced on a road race course @ englishtown. We are more familiar with Englishtown Raceway Park as a drag strip. We race there twice every year with our PRO FWD SCION tC. Wish we could have tried out the millville race track. we went last year and showed the car off. It looked like an amazing track and facility. But as for the englishtown track being unsafe i can not comment on that since I have no experience there. Wonder if the comment about the track being unsafe is in context to the Top Fuel accident this past year where a funny car driver had a fatal accident at the top end of the 1/4.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats the brand of the canards and front splitter ? can you guys take close pics of the fenders ? how are those wider ?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Im not too sure actually. Never heard that nor have we (WORLD Racing) ever raced on a road race course @ englishtown. We are more familiar with Englishtown Raceway Park as a drag strip. We race there twice every year with our PRO FWD SCION tC. Wish we could have tried out the millville race track. we went last year and showed the car off. It looked like an amazing track and facility. But as for the englishtown track being unsafe i can not comment on that since I have no experience there. Wonder if the comment about the track being unsafe is in context to the Top Fuel accident this past year where a funny car driver had a fatal accident at the top end of the 1/4.
wow - i didnt know someone died. I used to go there when scion invited me to the scionvip. The last year they didnt invite me once. I wrote them and called them - still didnt matter. It shocked me because I was really into the scion world. I like the 1/4 track at englishtown. When they did the vip events on the 1/8th they just let us run so the lanes got messed up (but on a normal drag event they would keep conditioning the lanes). Anyway - its nice to see you guys doing a lot with your cars and keeping things interesting.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
wow - i didnt know someone died. I used to go there when scion invited me to the scionvip. The last year they didnt invite me once. I wrote them and called them - still didnt matter. It shocked me because I was really into the scion world. I like the 1/4 track at englishtown. When they did the vip events on the 1/8th they just let us run so the lanes got messed up (but on a normal drag event they would keep conditioning the lanes). Anyway - its nice to see you guys doing a lot with your cars and keeping things interesting.

True, there was a top fuel crash there. He went right through the sand pit. But I think what MrC was talking about (cause I went to the link he posted), the track has a high crime rate. I.E....leave your car un-attended for a long period of time, and you will find it sitting on bricks. That's the "unsafe" part he was talking about I believe.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by jwaggz82

True, there was a top fuel crash there. He went right through the sand pit. But I think what MrC was talking about (cause I went to the link he posted), the track has a high crime rate. I.E....leave your car un-attended for a long period of time, and you will find it sitting on bricks. That's the "unsafe" part he was talking about I believe.
how long ago was the crash - i was there 2 yrs ago for a vip event and a guy rolled out of a crashed car ..... everybody was just stopped with their mouths open .... it was pretty wild. Yea I dont' doubt there is high crime rate. There is a HUGE mix of all kinds of people that go there. Ya just have to watch your stuff ... simple as that.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The crash was pretty recent. It was last year obviously, but late in the season last year.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scott Kalitta is the name of the funny car racer that died there on june 21.he passed away after his engine exploded knocking him out conscious and in result had no control of the car that slammed into the wall at 300 mph cause the chutes were damaged and did not open up.so as a result they are thinking about shortening the track
Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^yeah that.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

oh thats sad: