Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

World Racing Descendent Turbo Kit *VIDEO PG12*

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any updates on the descendant turbo kit ?
Old 08-01-2007, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood
by the time this comes out, you will have a different car. just go with turbo toyotas kit. equal length mani, and 3" exhaust from the turbo back ftw. and if you want im pretty sure you can fit a borg warner s200 on there.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
Originally Posted by cessblood
by the time this comes out, you will have a different car. just go with turbo toyotas kit. equal length mani, and 3" exhaust from the turbo back ftw. and if you want im pretty sure you can fit a borg warner s200 on there.
Yeah I have been waiting for the descendant turbo kit for a while now and I have been looking into turbo toyotas kits for a while also.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i talked to one of the guys that works for World Racing this weekend at the Nopi event in New Hampshire. He said that the descendant turbo kit will be released soon, he didn't give me a date or a price but there just waiting for Chris Rado's final word on the turbo kit. He just wants to get all the bugs out of it and sell a reliable / perfect kit.
The Rado car looks great up close, the body, the turbo and all the james bond type of stuff.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I forgot one more picture..

This car is so dam sexy...
Old 08-06-2007, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

wow thats amazing
Old 08-06-2007, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matt_Burgess
Well i talked to one of the guys that works for World Racing this weekend at the Nopi event in New Hampshire. He said that the descendant turbo kit will be released soon, he didn't give me a date or a price but there just waiting for Chris Rado's final word on the turbo kit. He just wants to get all the bugs out of it and sell a reliable / perfect kit.
The Rado car looks great up close, the body, the turbo and all the james bond type of stuff.

Yeah I talked to the guy from world-racing at NOPI this weekend too. He said the samething to me.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by pollup
my other gripe about this kit is the so called "stock ecu reflash". im fully confident that the stock ecu can control this turbo kit with the greatest of ease, but on a downside it limits your upgrade capabilities. obviously there wont be but so many of these turbo kits out there and that limits the amount of people who can burn and tune your stock ecu. in turn anyone with an FI car knows that just about any mod you do to your car you need to redo the tuning to make sure it didnt get thrown off too much. on the downside who will be the people who are able to retune this stock ecu? thats one of the limiting factors of the turbonetics kit, the unichip. theres only a handful of unichip dealers and tuners in the states which limits where you can get your turbo done right. the emanage can be done at any tune shop that dyno's cars. unfortunately i had an install issue and had to drive to kentucky, but that was my fault.

Now on a note to that a rebuttle would probably be that toyota might offer the reflash at their dealerships, but on that note "most" toyota employees only know how to service a car not tune them. their trd parts are fool proof, like the supercharger. reflash the ecu and send the customer on their way. they dont take into consideration the addition of headers, exhaust, and the many other upgrades that would require tuning. I like the fact i can grab my laptop and talk to my computer and tune my car now, makes life a world easier.
i went to a scion dealership yesterday and they told me they could and would not reflash my ecu because of aftermarket parts.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

so if they're going to sell a reflash with this kit does that mean the tC ecu can be reflashed for other kits then? if it ever comes out that is.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this reflashing of the stock ecu seems interesting...,. this sounds kinda like hondata which reflashes the stock ecu, buts at the same time its a full ems too and its jus as good as the aem and people are able to tune the carr w/ the hondata... usually honda owners would ship out the ecu and have it shipped back to them... and ur able to plug it to ur laptop too.... if something like that comes for our tc's that would be reallly tight!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup that would be Da SH*T 4 sure.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:52 PM

Man it's been a while...Need update...I just want to make sure that its still coming out and it hasn't been dropped.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

to the guys who posted about talking with the guy who was at NOPI and "Works" for "World Engineering"... --->

He is a scion Corporate Employee. He does not have direct association with The rado Kit. All he was doing was throwing you the corporate line. he knows no more about the kit than we do. In fact we probably know more about the kit then he did. He didn’t even know what kind of manifold that the kit uses.... I asked him a few technical questions about the car and he could only answer the ones that came on the memo he got before took over the SCION booth he was in. World Engineering Was not at NOPI this year @ ATL MS.

on a side note. the car is very well done and Toyota Paid WAYYYYY tooo much money for that car. It does have a few cool features though. such as a remote controlled Helicopter that will launch from the back of the car and be controlled by a Tv in the driver side visor.

anyways, I beginning to think that with Toyota's tendency to change up models every 4 years, this kit at the last minute will be canned then quickly opted for a new system developed for a different platform.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly, why is this thread still alive? Who cares! There are so many awesome kits out there and this is just not happening in this decade. If you REALLY want info on this kit because you are serious about it, call them and they will make you one. Honestly, I got the run around when I was asking about it with money in hand to purchase whatever they could fabricate. I lost faith around page 16....
Old 09-26-2007, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire
honestly, why is this thread still alive? Who cares! There are so many awesome kits out there and this is just not happening in this decade. If you REALLY want info on this kit because you are serious about it, call them and they will make you one. Honestly, I got the run around when I was asking about it with money in hand to purchase whatever they could fabricate. I lost faith around page 16....
This is one of the most resently accurate posts in this thread.

Heck for 6K just about any professional Shop will custom fab a turbo kit for you. So if there are a bunch of you with cash in hand...do a little research and find a local shop to do it. the market is saturated with them right now.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Complication

Heck for 6K just about any professional Shop will custom fab a turbo kit for you. So if there are a bunch of you with cash in hand...do a little research and find a local shop to do it. the market is saturated with them right now.
.... or call Dezod or Peakboost and get a really high quality kit that is proven to be reliable.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Complication

.... or call Dezod or Peakboost and get a really high quality kit that is proven to be reliable.
heh this is true...
Old 09-26-2007, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think those that are still waiting on this kit are people thinking that it will be priced in the $4000 range and not taking into consideration all the extra costs that go into boosting your car.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I think those that are still waiting on this kit are people thinking that it will be priced in the $4000 range and not taking into consideration all the extra costs that go into boosting your car.
lol, Plus they'll charge an extra 5k for Rado's sig on it. So now where talking about 10k for this kit.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^

Quick Reply: World Racing Descendent Turbo Kit *VIDEO PG12*