Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

World Racing Descendent Turbo Kit *VIDEO PG12*

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member

I'm still praying for "cheaper than turbonetics," that'll definately put pressure on the other kits' pricing as well... I would assume 0o
Old 05-19-2006, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

zer0, did you ever get your car dynoed with the catback?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kaeon
Something tells me that setup will be a pita to put on... Pipes everywhere! lol, Looks very good I wonder how much it will be.
Another concern of mine.. is that manifold going to be ok with that weight? I wonder if they have fab'd up some brackets or braces of some kind?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that manifold is gonna cause heat problems under the hood. as my car sits now (with a considerably smaller manifold) alot of my plastic parts are getting super hot, and its not even summer here yet. i can see that manifold causing plastic melting issues.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My carbon fiber hood is already screwed up from my header breaking issue.. sucks.. but.. I'd like to get another hood, maybe vented or something.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
that manifold is gonna cause heat problems under the hood. as my car sits now (with a considerably smaller manifold) alot of my plastic parts are getting super hot, and its not even summer here yet. i can see that manifold causing plastic melting issues.
Its the risk you take. Every kit its going to produce a lot of heat... they do make heat sheilds and aluminum covers for most of our engine bay now...

Thats the last thing im worried about.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
Something tells me that setup will be a pita to put on... Pipes everywhere! lol, Looks very good I wonder how much it will be.
Another concern of mine.. is that manifold going to be ok with that weight? I wonder if they have fab'd up some brackets or braces of some kind?
My main concern would be access, It seems it would be a pita to change a part or take something off. Doesnt look to have any space to work.. Getting the manifold on would be a job in itself from how it looks.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats why its a benifit to live close to the shop that makes these kits...

IMO Ive seen worse to work on.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member

Aren't there some heat wraps that do a rather good job at shielding? Although, I'd imagine this would keep extra heat in the manifold
Old 05-19-2006, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I doubt you would wanna wrap this manifold, other than the fact its sexy as me, that thing probally is going to trap so much heat inside, it would damage something. I wanna see some numbers on this thing. I might have to take a trip up and visit with Zero and some others and go check this thing out personally.. I wanna get to talkin bout this with someone in charge
Old 05-19-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
My main concern would be access, It seems it would be a pita to change a part or take something off. Doesnt look to have any space to work.. Getting the manifold on would be a job in itself from how it looks.
I dont know how bad til I get my hands in there.. probally my boys hands, I usually supervise while sippin on that yak.. He's locked down with a baby, and doesn't have the flow to hook his ride up.. so he does mine to get his modding kick fixed I'm wrong.. I know.

I just think if this kit produces the numbers it says its going too... I dont care if I have to dislocate my boys arm to get that thing in.. it would happen
Old 05-19-2006, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I've seen this kit up front and personal. BAD A$$!!!

I can't wait for it to come out!!!

Old 05-19-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if my kit is semi difficult to work on, i guarentee there will be bloody knuckles and broken glass by the end of that install. even professionally. ill pass
Old 05-19-2006, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ahh, were all spoiled with the tC...the exhaust manifold is in front not in the back...talk about bloody knuckles on my xB when I put the turbo on
Old 05-19-2006, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive helped put headers on an xb. what a joke, they definitely could of set that motor up a little better. but all our cars have their flaws. my front end tries to leave the ground and high speeds and fast takeoffs, now how is that possible with a fwd. i did one good takeoff, hit 70mph, switched to 4th and stomped it, hit a small rock in the road and my front end hopped. scarred the bejesus out of me. not fun. bad aero design. im looking into a solution for that , wings maybe. lol
Old 05-19-2006, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
if my kit is semi difficult to work on, i guarentee there will be bloody knuckles and broken glass by the end of that install. even professionally. ill pass
You give up to easily. Wait till you see it in person.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i give up too easily? i really wouldnt call it giving up .. im already fi'd, im just saying for practical sakes if that kit resembles the final product, it will be a pain. i do like the idea of coming through the fender to the throttle, though it might restrict the movement of the pipe no? we all know our engines move a stupid amount.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, the kit was pure prototype. The final retail version should have all the R&D before it is released. Im sure they ran into that problem with the IC pipes..nothing mounts cant fix though.

Plus for the east coast people, you can drive to their shop and they can install it for you. Which is probably what they would prefer.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my other gripe about this kit is the so called "stock ecu reflash". im fully confident that the stock ecu can control this turbo kit with the greatest of ease, but on a downside it limits your upgrade capabilities. obviously there wont be but so many of these turbo kits out there and that limits the amount of people who can burn and tune your stock ecu. in turn anyone with an FI car knows that just about any mod you do to your car you need to redo the tuning to make sure it didnt get thrown off too much. on the downside who will be the people who are able to retune this stock ecu? thats one of the limiting factors of the turbonetics kit, the unichip. theres only a handful of unichip dealers and tuners in the states which limits where you can get your turbo done right. the emanage can be done at any tune shop that dyno's cars. unfortunately i had an install issue and had to drive to kentucky, but that was my fault.

Now on a note to that a rebuttle would probably be that toyota might offer the reflash at their dealerships, but on that note "most" toyota employees only know how to service a car not tune them. their trd parts are fool proof, like the supercharger. reflash the ecu and send the customer on their way. they dont take into consideration the addition of headers, exhaust, and the many other upgrades that would require tuning. I like the fact i can grab my laptop and talk to my computer and tune my car now, makes life a world easier.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pros can cons of each kit. Thats why people need to research before they buy any type of kit.

Quick Reply: World Racing Descendent Turbo Kit *VIDEO PG12*