Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

yet another option

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hawaii's not that big. can't you just drive to his house to take a look?
or steal a peak when he surfs. I mean, you all surf, right?
Old 11-15-2008, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by purplenitroustc
need a lot more fuel than that

Originally Posted by java09
^^yeah thats what i was thinking as well.. considering 500 will max out 550's.. or so..

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
wat lol? 500 hp would come close to maxing out 650's.. if im not wrong.. ive seen ppl max out 550's with 350whp?

That's not entirely true. On a Hydra standalone, you would not be maxing out 550's at 300-350whp. Brian has 550's in his tC now, and put down 360+ (on dynojet it would be 400ish whp). On Emanage, for sure you would be running hella duty cycle at that power level. So, it depends on what manage you are talking about when it comes to maxing out 550's. Leathal Injection told Brian that his injectors would/should be good up to 450whp the way it sat now.

500whp...I think will max 550's on any management though.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oic
Old 11-15-2008, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
That's my idea of "proving themselves" as well. When they subject their product/craftsmanship the harshest of conditions and it proves reliable.
Exactly, and I saw the PTuning kit survive a harsh crash with nothing more then a dented hot side charge pipe.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
That's my idea of "proving themselves" as well. When they subject their product/craftsmanship the harshest of conditions and it proves reliable.
Exactly, and I saw the PTuning kit survive a harsh crash with nothing more then a dented hot side charge pipe.
that wasnt a "kit" though. that was a custom one off setup for the t/a car. does anyone know what the specs for there kit will be?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
that wasnt a "kit" though. that was a custom one off setup for the t/a car. does anyone know what the specs for there kit will be?

Essentially the same. Same manifold is going to be used, perhaps a Garrett turbo (not sure, just guessing based on their TA car), same wrinkle finished pipes (black or red), the intercooler routing obviously will be conventional since it's the "street" version, so it's not going to come through the center, causing you to get rid of your A/C. I believe also MrC hinted around that it will come with the Emanage Ultimate (not 100% sure on that either, but I thought I read that in some post). So, to say it's a "one-off" kit on the TA car is a stretch when every component on it is basically going to be the same products on the "street" version.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
Actually, they said that the TA tC setup will be their race kit. Take their exhaust for example. They made it specifically for the TA tC as a 'custom one off'. Then after it was proven to hold up on the track, not burn the bumper, not sway around at all, they made it for production. The exact same exhaust that is on the TA tC is the exact same exhaust they sell on the websites. It will be the same for their race kit.