Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

zpi

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:58 AM

Default zpi

link to find zpi turbo kit anyone????
Old 01-10-2008, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

zpi is no more. go with dezod. they have great kits and AWESOME customer service.

but if you still want zpi, check the classified section.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I wouldn't even risk buying a ZPI kit. After finding out some info on some of their crap I don't think I'd own anything from them. Stay far away from that engine limiter and beware of some of the turbos they used a lot of them were knock off Big 16g's and some rebuilt not new.

The only thing from zpi that was good that they claimed to make was their exhaust and they were made by Buschur Racing.

****, they even totally ripped off Dr. Isotope diversion panel. They took one and had it made out of aluminum or something. They didn't even try to change any of it.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:31 AM
1AZ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

zpi equals - junk

dont bother with them just search zpi and you will see there shady
Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 AM
Banned
SL Member

Dezod or Turbo Toyotas FTW!!!!!

Seriously though...
Old 01-10-2008, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you can always go with Tnetics. I heard they have a 3 yr/ 36k mile powertrain warranty now.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any zpi kit out won't work with your 08 anyway.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. yet another ZPI bashing thread lol..

Hit up Paul @ Dezod, he'll take care of your boosting needs!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbo Toyotas has a "basik" kit out now if price is a concern.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

It's funny how the company isn't around anymore do to business dealings, so ALL of a sudden now, all of thier products were crap....GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK. ANY, and I mean ANY one of you are more than welcome to bring your UBER turbo kits up to TN and run my "Crappy" turbo kit that was done by ZPI.

Stupid **** comments. When ZPI was around, time and time again, everyone mentioned their faults were in their ability to handle business. But I be damned anyone would say anything about their products. I would LOVE for you to call my turbo kit "Crap" after I put it next to your car on the track or street.

It's one thing to say..."ZPI is no longer in business, You should look into...such and such kits". But to come out and try to say all their products were crap, after all I've put my kit through. You can kiss it where the sun don't shine for all I care. Still till this DAY it holds one of the top ranked 1/4 mile times and has the most street credibility. Don't give me that crap, and don't insult my intelligence. Make a suggestion to either a used kit, or another manufacture and MOVE ON.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not to bash you, travis, as you know I agree with MOST of what you say, but didn't you blow the seals in your zpi kit? And we got one here with a cracked mani, but your right...those VERY SAME ISSUES have happend to other kits as well, be it greddy, tnetics or dezod. Things happen. ZPI just get's those issues blown up ON TOP OF their bad business practices.

I'm sure your comments were directed at 1 or 2 people in this thread...I just don't want your comments coming off as "Travis is still sucking the ZPI ****" type thing.

It's simple as this...the OP has an 08, even a used ZPI kit will not work with the MAF on the 08...look elsware...lock thread.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Not to bash you, travis, as you know I agree with MOST of what you say, but didn't you blow the seals in your zpi kit? And we got one here with a cracked mani, but your right...those VERY SAME ISSUES have happend to other kits as well, be it greddy, tnetics or dezod. Things happen. ZPI just get's those issues blown up ON TOP OF their bad business practices.

I'm sure your comments were directed at 1 or 2 people in this thread...I just don't want your comments coming off as "Travis is still sucking the ZPI rooster" type thing.

It's simple as this...the OP has an 08, even a used ZPI kit will not work with the MAF on the 08...look elsware...lock thread.

Seals blow on EVERY turbo kit. That has no reflection on the product, it's an on going thing with the tC's high oil pressure, along with oil flow problems from setups. Kumitsu for example. The thread entitled "3 turbos in 1 year". He has a Dezod kit to start....seals gone, then GT30, seals gone, then rebuilt it, seals gone again. How long did it take for his seals on his Dezod turbo to go.....about 2-3 months. And he doesn't even race his car.

Now compare that to me. You KNOW how bad I beat on my stuff since day Numero Uno. And they are JUST now going after all that abuse. It's been nearly a year and a half since I've been boosted. That's back in the day when there was no Dezod, and barely anyone knew who ZPI was.

No this is not a Travis defending ZPI name BS that everyone keeps trying to throw in the mix. This is a Travis being insulted after all I've done with my car. Basically, when you say the ZPI products were crap....then you might as well say my car is Crap and has a Crap product on it, when I've proven time and time again what it can and will do when it comes to racing.

I am JUST as vocal and a crap talker when someone says...."Scions shouldn't be raced, or aren't meant for modding". Don't believe me, just go to any of the various Other Scion Youtube videos and read comments. I will quickly step up when someone either insults what I've done with the tC, or talking crap about Scions in general. I love my Scion and I love what it has done. Calling the mods on it "crap" especially after they are proven, I tend to take a little personal.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is why I love travis!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
This is why I love travis!
When it comes to Automotive, I wear my heart on my sleeve. Maybe a weakness, but I don't think I can change that now...

Just hate it when people are "not keeping it real".
Old 01-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned
SL Member

So... is it safe to say... In before the lock?
Old 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

having owned more than one turbo-kit on my tc. i can say that zpi kits are crap. they were built by a man who cared only about his turn around. thats why you wont find things on zpi kits that you will on almost every other kit out there. things like bead rolled i.c. piping, t-bolt clamps, non third world country manufactured turbos.

trust me. forget the name zpi all together.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Guess I can **** fast then huh.....LOL.

How come you never updated your sig with the Peak boost turbo kit time? Oh, that's right, because it was slower than when you had the "crap" ZPI one.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it was the same time with a much slower 60', and letting off at the end. im pretty sure we have had this conversation before. and dont worry, once im able to run at the track again, you'll be the first to know. hows your zpi turbo doin by the way? havent heard much about that thing latley. last i heard you had some blown head gasket, then it became turbo seals....
Old 01-11-2008, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^I remeber it being a few tenths slower. Check the thread with the camera mount in it, someone asked the same question.

You live in FL. Track is open all year, what's the hold up?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
thats why you wont find things on zpi kits that you will on almost every other kit out there. things like bead rolled i.c. piping, t-bolt clamps, non third world country manufactured turbos.
Last I checked, Dezod kits don't come with bead rolled pipes. Oh and that "3rd world country" turbo seems good enough for Mitsu. ;-) But oh thats right, you know everything.

Quick Reply: zpi