Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

zpi

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Besides, lets say it was produced in China. What ISN'T made in China these days. If it's warrantied, performs, and operates as it should, what's the problem?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Besides, lets say it was produced in China. What ISN'T made in China these days. If it's warrantied, performs, and operates as it should, what's the problem?
BECAUSE, YOUR SUPPORTING COMMUNISM!!!!!!!!

just kidding.

blowing seals after a year and a half or less isnt my idea of performing and operating as it should.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc

just kidding.

blowing seals after a year and a half or less isnt my idea of performing and operating as it should.

Kumistu blew his seals on his Dezod kit after a few months of normal driving, bought a GT30, blew seals after a few months of normal driving, then blew them again after rebuild....What ye comment about that?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just kidding.

Kumistu blew his seals on his Dezod kit after a few months of normal driving, bought a GT30, blew seals after a few months of normal driving, then blew them again after rebuild....What ye comment about that?
...the red mennace must be spreading.

apples and oranges travis. ball bearing turbos dont work well with high oil psi.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

just kidding.

apples and oranges travis. ball bearing turbos dont work well with high oil psi.

How about the S/C'er?

Loving the double standard here.

- S/C'er seals go....Oh it's high oil pressure
- Dezod turbo seals go.....Oh it's high oil pressure
- GT series turbo seals go....Oh it's high oil pressure

- ZPI turbo seals go....."Oh, you got that Chinese Knock-off, made of crap that's why".

I'm glad I have it straight now. Thanks man.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just kidding.

How about the S/C'er?

Loving the double standard here.

- S/C'er seals go....Oh it's high oil pressure
- Dezod turbo seals go.....Oh it's high oil pressure
- GT series turbo seals go....Oh it's high oil pressure

- ZPI turbo seals go....."Oh, you got that Chinese Knock-off, made of crap that's why".

I'm glad I have it straight now. Thanks man.
when did i say anything about s/c or dezod??

however, those people who have a dezod turbo, or a s/c can still get there stuff fixed under waranty. zpi customers are left doing the dickdance.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I would LOVE for you to call my turbo kit "Crap" after I put it next to your car on the track or street.
Your ZPI kit is CRAP! It's my opinion like it or not. Let's be honest here, all their parts were hyped to be better then they were and if anything was good it was made by somebody else.

We had two kits here and they were and are crap. I've never seen so many problems with any kind of aftermarket part like I did with you know who's and the other one was just as bad. Oh, and both were tuned by the so called great doctor himself and they still ran like crap.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Rythm, you don't have to be on your knees anymore for ZPI, they don't exist. I don't know if you have realized this or not.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
I would LOVE for you to call my turbo kit "Crap" after I put it next to your car on the track or street.
Your ZPI kit is CRAP! It's my opinion like it or not. Let's be honest here, all their parts were hyped to be better then they were and if anything was good it was made by somebody else.

We had two kits here and they were and are crap. I've never seen so many problems with any kind of aftermarket part like I did with you know who's and the other one was just as bad. Oh, and both were tuned by the so called great doctor himself and they still ran like crap.
ZPI is crap , that's why i bought a great kit from Sound performance*

I just want to see rhythm gripe and moan again I'd love to come up there and spank you rhythm but i need someone to sponsor me some drag radials and an EMS......
Man I hate having to crank that job, just to crank that check to bills.

* = there service sucks horribly and took them forever to get it to me, but other than that 315whp on 10psi aint bad
Old 01-11-2008, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Not to bash you, travis, as you know I agree with MOST of what you say, but didn't you blow the seals in your zpi kit? And we got one here with a cracked mani, but your right...those VERY SAME ISSUES have happend to other kits as well, be it greddy, tnetics or dezod. Things happen. ZPI just get's those issues blown up ON TOP OF their bad business practices.

I'm sure your comments were directed at 1 or 2 people in this thread...I just don't want your comments coming off as "Travis is still sucking the ZPI rooster" type thing.

It's simple as this...the OP has an 08, even a used ZPI kit will not work with the MAF on the 08...look elsware...lock thread.

Seals blow on EVERY turbo kit. That has no reflection on the product, it's an on going thing with the tC's high oil pressure, along with oil flow problems from setups. Kumitsu for example. The thread entitled "3 turbos in 1 year". He has a Dezod kit to start....seals gone, then GT30, seals gone, then rebuilt it, seals gone again. How long did it take for his seals on his Dezod turbo to go.....about 2-3 months. And he doesn't even race his car.

Now compare that to me. You KNOW how bad I beat on my stuff since day Numero Uno. And they are JUST now going after all that abuse. It's been nearly a year and a half since I've been boosted. That's back in the day when there was no Dezod, and barely anyone knew who ZPI was.

No this is not a Travis defending ZPI name BS that everyone keeps trying to throw in the mix. This is a Travis being insulted after all I've done with my car. Basically, when you say the ZPI products were crap....then you might as well say my car is Crap and has a Crap product on it, when I've proven time and time again what it can and will do when it comes to racing.

I am JUST as vocal and a crap talker when someone says...."Scions shouldn't be raced, or aren't meant for modding". Don't believe me, just go to any of the various Other Scion Youtube videos and read comments. I will quickly step up when someone either insults what I've done with the tC, or talking crap about Scions in general. I love my Scion and I love what it has done. Calling the mods on it "crap" especially after they are proven, I tend to take a little personal.
Of course you will defend the product on your car, that's what most people do. Hell I was ripped apart in the xB forums because I said I didn't think an xB was better for my sister then the minivan she got. Don't take it personal, crap is crap and you can't do nothing about it. It's not about you but the crap from zpi. It just so happens that your crap lasted longer.

My statements have nothing to do with the crap zpi did to me (there's that word crap again). I've seen first hand the crap that is a zpi kit one more then one car so it's not like I'm pulling this out of my a$$ or anything.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
thats why you wont find things on zpi kits that you will on almost every other kit out there. things like bead rolled i.c. piping, t-bolt clamps, non third world country manufactured turbos.
Last I checked, Dezod kits don't come with bead rolled pipes. Oh and that "3rd world country" turbo seems good enough for Mitsu. ;-) But oh thats right, you know everything.
Might want to check the turbo cuz most of the mitsu turbos they used were knock offs not the real deal.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I highly doubt anyone would go through the trouble to order Evo III housings to cover Chinese Knock off internals. That makes no sense.

Buy knock off internals, but lest buy standard housings so they won't know and we can save cost.......Not likely bro.

But whatever, turbo served me well.
Thats cuz their partners in crime over at tubochargers was rebuilding the turbos and selling them to them for their kits. Not that you would believe any of it but someone will read it and be saved from making a mistake.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

dui

Oopsi! Yeah, dude, be careful with that stuff. No repeat offending either. We don't see eye to eye on 9 out of 10 things, but I wouldn't want to wish bodily injury on NObody from a drunk driver. Including you.
i feel the same. thats why i feel like crap for it.
Sorry to hear that Brett but don't get to down on yourself. Let me know when you can get back to the track and we can race each other.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I highly doubt anyone would go through the trouble to order Evo III housings to cover Chinese Knock off internals. That makes no sense.

Buy knock off internals, but lest buy standard housings so they won't know and we can save cost.......Not likely bro.
actually that sounds like it makes perfect sense to someone like k strickler.

anyways the point that im trying to make is that zpi used less than "top shelf" parts. and to but a zpi kit now would mean that it would have to be used, and that much closer to breaking anyway.

Being friends with him....he has more integrity than that.
WTF!

I think I just ____ed my pants.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'll save this comment for later cuz I'm sure you've said once before bad things about china stuff. Double standard anyone?
Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Rythm, you don't have to be on your knees anymore for ZPI, they don't exist. I don't know if you have realized this or not.
Read a few post back, he's still friends with Kenny Strickler. I'm sure some or most of it is sticking up for his friend which is fine. I just wish Mr. Strickler was as good of a friend back (not since he laughed when I said Travis was his friend).
Old 01-11-2008, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Just because you are on your knees and bending over for Johnny does not mean you can spread down your ___ rights activism.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Read a few post back, he's still friends with Kenny Strickler. I'm sure some or most of it is sticking up for his friend which is fine. I just wish Mr. Strickler was as good of a friend back (not since he laughed when I said Travis was his friend).

I love it when people think they know me.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Not to bash you, travis, as you know I agree with MOST of what you say, but didn't you blow the seals in your zpi kit? And we got one here with a cracked mani, but your right...those VERY SAME ISSUES have happend to other kits as well, be it greddy, tnetics or dezod. Things happen. ZPI just get's those issues blown up ON TOP OF their bad business practices.

I'm sure your comments were directed at 1 or 2 people in this thread...I just don't want your comments coming off as "Travis is still sucking the ZPI rooster" type thing.

It's simple as this...the OP has an 08, even a used ZPI kit will not work with the MAF on the 08...look elsware...lock thread.

Seals blow on EVERY turbo kit. That has no reflection on the product, it's an on going thing with the tC's high oil pressure, along with oil flow problems from setups. Kumitsu for example. The thread entitled "3 turbos in 1 year". He has a Dezod kit to start....seals gone, then GT30, seals gone, then rebuilt it, seals gone again. How long did it take for his seals on his Dezod turbo to go.....about 2-3 months. And he doesn't even race his car.

Now compare that to me. You KNOW how bad I beat on my stuff since day Numero Uno. And they are JUST now going after all that abuse. It's been nearly a year and a half since I've been boosted. That's back in the day when there was no Dezod, and barely anyone knew who ZPI was.

No this is not a Travis defending ZPI name BS that everyone keeps trying to throw in the mix. This is a Travis being insulted after all I've done with my car. Basically, when you say the ZPI products were crap....then you might as well say my car is Crap and has a Crap product on it, when I've proven time and time again what it can and will do when it comes to racing.

I am JUST as vocal and a crap talker when someone says...."Scions shouldn't be raced, or aren't meant for modding". Don't believe me, just go to any of the various Other Scion Youtube videos and read comments. I will quickly step up when someone either insults what I've done with the tC, or talking crap about Scions in general. I love my Scion and I love what it has done. Calling the mods on it "crap" especially after they are proven, I tend to take a little personal.
Of course you will defend the product on your car, that's what most people do. Hell I was ripped apart in the xB forums because I said I didn't think an xB was better for my sister then the minivan she got. Don't take it personal, crap is crap and you can't do nothing about it. It's not about you but the crap from zpi. It just so happens that your crap lasted longer.

My statements have nothing to do with the crap zpi did to me (there's that word crap again). I've seen first hand the crap that is a zpi kit one more then one car so it's not like I'm pulling this out of my a$$ or anything.

How long did your GReddy crap last?
Old 01-11-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I love it when people think they know me.
Never said I thought I knew you. I just stated two facts 1. You said you were still friends with him 2. He laughed when I mentioned you being his friend. Whatever...

Quick Reply: zpi